Somebody Please Help ME!!!!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know exactly how you feel as I find myself in the same situation. I think it's call OCCS....Obsessive Compulsive Crocheter Surfer :devil

I think it's call OCCS....Obsessive Compulsive Crocheter Surfer :devil
So, Amy, I guess your diagnosis is OCCS, PAS (Pattern Acquisition Syndrome), and YAS (Yarn Acquisition Syndrome). :laughroll

It is my firm belief that there is NO cure for this... not that we want one... it only takes 1 visit to this site and you ARE addicted!

Maybe they should post a warning on this site. :think

But all joking aside, this is like a home and the people here are like family.

I wouldn't change anything!

Got a cure for the computer surfing.:compute

Let the DH retire. That's right, then you have to drag them away from the computer so you can use it. This also cuts out buying of yarn and such.

Now you have time to CROCHET.:yay:cheer:clap

Anyway, that is what has cured me of the surfing and I have time to crochet now.

*standing up*

I'm a Crochetville a holic and I don't want to be cured! :lol

I hadn't joined in any other groups as I just didn't like how things were run or there were clicks or whatever. This group is just wonderful and I'm so glad I decided to de-lurk and join in the fun!!:hook

I am not addicted!! n.gif

I can stop reading C'ville & surfing for patterns & buying yarn & polishing my hooks & petting my yarn and...and..... *PERK* oh no.. I think I just heard someone post.. gotta go!! gottago.gif

No really... I'm not affected by any of it!! twitch.gif

I am not addicted!! n.gif

I can stop reading C'ville & surfing for patterns & buying yarn & polishing my hooks & petting my yarn and...and..... *PERK* oh no.. I think I just heard someone post.. gotta go!! gottago.gif

No really... I'm not affected by any of it!! twitch.gif

Oh really now Tween... and how many swaps did you just email me about? Two? Let's face it honey, you're going to join a heck of a lot more than that. :neener

BWAAAHaaaa haaaaa haaaaa! Mary Jo that is so funny! My dh is set to retire in 3 years! I better figure out what I'm going to do then!

You all are such a riot! Now I know I'm not alone and my disease has a name. My name is Amy and I'm a yarnaholic! Thanks for all the support! Its okay until hubby gets home from work!

I just got a new digital camera and I can't wait to start taking pictures of my stuff and posting them. That is assuming I crochet long enough to finish something. I'm freelancing the toddler pants. They are gonna be cute! If not maybe a little gay. My little guy is almost two years old! LOL

Amy

Oh really now Tween... and how many swaps did you just email me about? Two? Let's face it honey, you're going to join a heck of a lot more than that. :neener

blushreg.gif

eh.. who me?

anon2.gif

drinkspit.gif

OMG....me too!! And then when I actually DO start crocheting I get all discouraged when my stuff doesn't come out the way I want it to....so then I spend even more time online looking for a different pattern to try....its sooo frustrating....grrrr

All I have to say is....I'm not addicted. Nope, not me. But when I die, my hubby had best bury my hooks & some yarn with me!!! Or else........ :devil

I am sooo glad to know it's not just me. I was just :think yesterday (again) that I can't hardly get crocheting (or anything else) done for being on here. I am doing better, but am not holding out hope for much more progress.

I wouldn't give anything for this "home" though.:hug

Thank you all!!!:ty :ty :ty

:haha:laughroll:haha

oh man, this one made me laugh!!

in total seriousness, one thing that keeps me limited (although to look at my number of posts, you wouldn't know it), i don't sit down.

i stand at the computer and allowe myself 5 minutes, if that's just 1 post, 1 blog read, whatever.....

then i go work on another task, play with my boys or something.... then the next time i walk by the computer, or am between tasks, 5 more minutes.

although it takes strength to walk away... i force myself :D

my house thanks me for it :P

Good idea Rebecca, I do that too, MOST of the time lol,

mornings when I first get up I sit and have coffee, but once the day goes I try not to sit down here unless I HAVE to so I don't get "sucked" in.

Not sitting down is a great idea! I actually stand to post/read etc on occasion.... because my durned cat has stolen my chair ;)

I do find myself sucked in by the computer though, some days I don't move my butt from this chair all day (well other than for refills/potty breaks etc and I do try to do something productive when I get up lol) between trying to read the posts, trying to keep up with the blogs I read, pattern surfing (bc I see one here that's cute, follow the link, see other cute ones, follow more links... seein' a pattern there? rofl) and then come afternoon my stateside friends are awake so I get sucked into instant messages. It's terrible lol. So some days I just refuse to turn the monitor on, then I can actually get a bit of housework done and reward myself with crocheting as much as I want for the rest of the day ;)

I think once summer comes I may not be on as much as I have been, simply bc the days are sooooo long and my puter sits right in front of a window that gets the hot sun from about 10AM till the sun goes down (at about ten PM in July/August) so it gets quite warm over here (no a/c... just fans) and I'll end up sitting out in front of the building where it's shady and much cooler than in the house. Now, if I had a laptop and wireless life would be nearly perfect :devil

Archived