Somebody Please Help ME!!!!

I also 'limit' myself. I give myself 1/2 hour in the morning to check this and my own cross stitch bb, then I have 10 minutes in the middle of the day and 1/2 hour at night when the kids go to bed (my dh travels). If I get some extra time in the middle of the day, I might pop in to read something too.

:hook

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thank goodness i am not alone.:lol :lol i know i am a yarnaholic(standing in front of you all saying this):lol i love this place so much. i have made so many new friends and to tell ya the truth, they seem more like sisters than friends. i too have to force myself off the computer and get some work and crocheting done. although last night when i had to get off so my son could get a call about a new job(which they didn't call:angry ) did i crochet? nope, fell asleep with hook and yarn in hand and when i woke up, was still crocheting:eek :eek :eek :eek , but to tell ya the truth, it didn't look half bad:blush , only had to frog about 2 of the rows. hmmmm wonder if we could all crochet in our sleep if we put our minds to it:think :think :think :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl maybe we do need a place to come to "meetings"!!!!!:heehee :heehee :heehee :heehee vicki

I figured out a cure for this. This is what I do...

Bring Yarn, hook, and crochet project to the computer. Read blogs and crochet. Ha ha... I crochet while on the phone. I crochet while reading on the computer. I crochet while watching movies/tv. I crochet in the car. I crochet while waiting for my daughter to finish gymnastics. I crochet during their naps and after they go to bed. I crochet at the park and while walking around.

I also bring the girls into their bedroom and watch them play with their toys and sit up on their bed and crochet.

Also, you might just tell yourself you can't buy anymore yarn until you have depleted atleast half your stash.

This is to funny, as I also must check out whats happening here thoughout the day. I limit myself usually to an hour in the evening unless I start chatting. :hook This is a second home and i just :manyheart it here.

:cheer Mary:clap

Wow - and I was just beating myself up over this very same thing earlier this evening! :eek Well, guess I can breathe a sigh of relief knowing I'm not some lonely freak out here, I was really starting to get a bit concerned over my behavior! Was just browsing through my "patterns" folder, can't believe I've managed to collect nearly 230 patterns for stuff I'd like to make - all in the last 2 months!

My house is a wreck, and I have far too many projects I want to do and haven't even had a chance to start yet, but I will calm down now. I know I'll get around to all of it eventually, and knowing I'm not struggling alone with this is tremendously helpful - and may end up motivating me to get my rear in gear now!

But for now, I think I'll head for bed, especially since we're losing an hour tonight. I slept till noon today :out (actually, now it's yesterday I see), something I haven't done in ages. I needed it though, thanks to months of shortshrifted sleep schedules, averaging 4 to 5 hours of sleep if I was lucky. And I was wondering why I was feeling so wacky! :loco

Yup, I'm a Crochetville-aholic! Wouldn't have it any other way, to tell the truth - this is the best place there is for a yarn addict to hang out! :manyheart

here is what i do so it might help.. i work from home.. i get up in the morning .. cruise my email.. posts here and blogs.. do my house work.. take a small break when i am finished with that.. work on what i need to work on .. one m ore small break before dinner.. and then spend my evening do ing more work.. then come here chat for alittle while in the evening.. more work then bed.. i "reward" myself with computer time..

No problem for me. (She says.) I'm just as addicted to crocheting as to surfing, so they have to fight it out some days. One solution--keep your work in your lap and hook in your hand while surfing. I'm on dialup and sometimes have to wait for pages to load, so I could probably get in a few extra stitches, if I took my own advice.

OK...I've finally figured it out! I'm brilliant to say the least. :lol Here's how you know if you're addicted as I am....ready for this???? :devil

It's when you keep checking every 5-10 minutes if there are any new posts and there are none and haven't been for a little while! Then you get disappointed and/or depressed because everyone else isn't spending as much time checking for new posts as you are.

How do I know this, you ask???? :think DUH...it happens to me ALL the time. :eek:bow

:bang:thair:tryme:rant:2nono:cry

Glad to know I'm not the only one with these problems! My hubby says I can't buy any more yarn now until I use up the stuff that I have. I'm not liking him very much right now... :)

Glad to know I'm not the only one with these problems! My hubby says I can't buy any more yarn now until I use up the stuff that I have. I'm not liking him very much right now... :)

OMG...that's the exact same thing my hubby says! Then he'll make a remark like "I you aren't buying more, how come it keeps growing?" I say "The skeins are making babies." :hook

Hi, everyone. I've been lurking for a while but had to post something on this one! I work at home as a medical transcriptionist. I have 2 computers - one for work and my own. Some days I have an incredibly hard time getting all of my work done because I'm completely addicted to checking messages, searching for yarn and patterns, and sometimes I even stop working to crochet!! I tend to type on one computer while at the same time surfing the other one for crochet stuff. Help!!!!! :eek

Hi, everyone. I've been lurking for a while but had to post something on this one! I work at home as a medical transcriptionist. I have 2 computers - one for work and my own. Some days I have an incredibly hard time getting all of my work done because I'm completely addicted to checking messages, searching for yarn and patterns, and sometimes I even stop working to crochet!! I tend to type on one computer while at the same time surfing the other one for crochet stuff. Help!!!!! :eek

Yep, you're addicted, Kitty! :welcome to the club! :sofunny

i wonder if Donna or Julie or Tiff have ever thought about going to CafePress and having some stuff like t-shirts, teacups or totebags made up with the Crochetville on them. The could say like: Crochetville, feed the addiction!! or "I admit it, I'm addicted", then on the back "Crochetville, enabling crochet addicts everywhere!" or something of that sort. I know I'd buy it!! And be proud to show it off especially when yarn shopping!!! :hook

I think they have talked about it and I vaguely remember Donna saying they were working on it... not sure what the status is now given I know how insanely busy they all are. :)

It would be kinda cool to have a shirt for MDS&W next month! Or else I might break down and buy a crochet me shirt + tote bag (I was holding out for cville!). :)

i wonder if Donna or Julie or Tiff have ever thought about going to CafePress and having some stuff like t-shirts, teacups or totebags made up with the Crochetville on them. The could say like: Crochetville, feed the addiction!! or "I admit it, I'm addicted", then on the back "Crochetville, enabling crochet addicts everywhere!" or something of that sort. I know I'd buy it!! And be proud to show it off especially when yarn shopping!!! :hook

OH...I think this would be a great idea! I would buy stuff like that! :hook Tote bags that we can keep our stash in and carry our projects around in would be super cool! :hook

i wonder if Donna or Julie or Tiff have ever thought about going to CafePress and having some stuff like t-shirts, teacups or totebags made up with the Crochetville on them.
I think they have talked about it and I vaguely remember Donna saying they were working on it... not sure what the status is now given I know how insanely busy they all are. :)
Yep we have, and it's in the works. Tiff was just putting a fire under my butt today about this. :wink I'd better get moving! It'll be worth the wait, I promise! :c9 I'll update everyone on this ASAP. :tup

OOh...Rebecca, that is PERFECT! I would so buy that, and wear it everywhere! That is the perfect saying for it, too. I cannot wait!!! WOOHOO!! I cannot get up off the computer chair. My favorites folder and bookmark page is so full of patterns and crochet sites, and I have so so many patterns it isn't funny....really...kind of scary. :hook

I'm Proud To Be A Hooker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep we have, and it's in the works. Tiff was just putting a fire under my butt today about this. :wink I'd better get moving! It'll be worth the wait, I promise! :c9 I'll update everyone on this ASAP. :tup
Okay, I spent the better part of last night and this morning polishing up the graphics, and the store should be ready some time next week. I have to order some stuff for myself first to make sure all the graphics look like they're supposed to, but I'm getting it via 2-day shipping so I can open up the store for purchases ASAP.

Put me down for a t-shirt and make sure you have some x sizes. Some of us like the room :lol . Could probably use a tote also.:yay
We'll have up to 2X-Large in ladies' tees and up to 4X-Large in unisex tees. :yay And tote bags, too. Yep. :D

Archived