Queen Size Ripple Blanket

caednkat

My son has had to watch me make little things for my daughter for years. Finally I came up with something to make for him.

He picked out all the colors for this blanket. All the colors are for his favorite football teams.

It took two months of work, and a few times where I was ready to chunk it out the window. But I finished. It's 86 inches wide and big enough for my queen size bed, my son has a full size bed and I wanted it to be wide enough so it would hang down a good bit.

All the links (pattern, random stripe generator etc) as well as tons of pictures are on my blog.

IMG_0767.jpg

Before going to bed last night my son said that Spongebob got to wear love from his grandma, but sleeping under love from his Mommie was so much better! :hug

My son has had to watch me make little things for my daughter for years. Finally I came up with something to make for him.

He picked out all the colors for this blanket. All the colors are for his favorite football teams.

It took two months of work, and a few times where I was ready to chunk it out the window. But I finished. It's 86 inches wide and big enough for my queen size bed, my son has a full size bed and I wanted it to be wide enough so it would hang down a good bit.

All the links (pattern, random stripe generator etc) as well as tons of pictures are on my blog.

IMG_0767.jpg

Before going to bed last night my son said that Spongebob got to wear love from his grandma, but sleeping under love from his Mommie was so much better! :hug

Wow! It's beautiful! How many stitches across? And what hook size? Looks like double crochet, right? I love your son's comment about love from Mommy. He's a keeper!

That is a really nice looking ripple:yay . The colors look cool too:yes . I made my oldest grandson an afghan in the colors of his favorite football team, "the Oakland Raiders". Almost 5 year later, he still uses it. It's nice to feel appreciated like that:manyheart !! Hope you have a nice Mom's day:flower :rose !!!

Wow, Thanks Everyone!

I'll find my paper with how many stitches across it was and try and post it tomorrow. I used a I hook for the whole thing, and yes it's all double crochet.

This is probably the 5th ripple blanket I've made using that pattern. It works up really easy.

Archived