radKIDS afghan

princsstrish

I work for a non profit called radkids. WE are having a silent auction and dinner. I had a very nice woman named Cheryl who created a graph of our logo for me. Then my friend Kim(kraftinkim) made the center graph panel. She sent it up to me and I did the borders and edging. It is going to be raffled off and I can't wait to see how much money it makes for us. I am so thankful to Kim for doing the hard part! I don't have patience for the graph afghans.

th_100_0261.jpgth_100_0262.jpg

Great Job to all involved in the project. The afghan looks great.

Had to go visit the website you talked about. I have 5 RADkids...totally different from your organization though. My kids suffer from Reactive Attachment Disorder after the trauma of their birth homes and stuff. Thought we had yet another thing in common for a few minutes :)

Yeah, there really is such a thing. Unfortunately we (as in DH and I) had never heard of it until last year when our latest 4 children came to live with us. It's a long story and I won't bore you with the details here, but it's often mislabeled as ADD, ADHD, ODD, Post Traumatic Stress Syndrom and the list goes on and on and on. It is a very hard thing to deal with but we have made such great progress with our children thanks to God. I forget that sometimes until we (DH and I again) attend training like we did this past weekend and we realize how truly blessed we are. :manyheart

But again, the afghan is stunning and I hope it goes for a lot of money in the auction.

That is such a neat afghan!!

You gals should be so proud, please let us know how it goes if you don't mind.

Thank you so much for the kind words. I absolutely will let you know how it does in the auction. My boss is taking it up to where it's gonna be held tomorrow and he keeps saying "blanket? what blanket?" He doesn't want us to auction it off, but Kim says she will make another one for him but he doesn't know that. Heheheh So he's gonna bid on it and hopefully push the price up. LOL :)

Archived