It's done the Rainbow Jacket for my god daughter

Aelita

I finally got my 13 yr. old god daughters' rainbow jacket done it took about a week working on it off and on. Here is it before I joined the pieces:

rainbowjacket5.jpg

Here it is when it was done:

rainbowjacket1.jpg

and here is the receiver of the rainbow jacket...I actually got a smile from her which is really hard to do with her yay go me:

rainbowjacket2.jpg

the back of it:

rainbowjacket3.jpg

and one more her outside with it on:

rainbowjacket4.jpg

I am very proud of myself because I never made a big sized jacket before let alone one with a hood. It was quite a challenge but I got it done. The sleeves were the hardest to me I had to keep moving them around until I got it lined up to join them. The yarn I used was RH in Burgundy, Pumpkin, Bright Yellow, Hunter Green, Royal Blue, and Plum I think was the color for the purple I used. Then for the variegated it was RH Mexicana. I used the pattern from Crochet Today! feb/mar '07 issue called the 'Zippy Hoodie' but I never sewn a zipper so I did buttons instead and I also modified the pockets. The pockets on the original were to big and would be in the way for the buttons. I liked it so much I wanted to keep it. It fit me too but the sleeves were a little short on me lol. I'm glad my god daughter liked her rainbow jacket, now her mom wants one just like it lol.

Gorgeous jacket! I love the rainbow colors...so bright and happy! You did wonderfully....be proud of your work! You did great! :cheer

Thanx everyone when I took it over to her she had on a jean jacket, but when she pulled out her rainbow jacket, she took the jean one off and put this one on and according to her mom she hasn't taken it off yet lol.

Thanx everyone I just had to give a giggle when I read all the nice comments from everyone. Now that I know I can make wearables big like that besides ponchos then I may make more stuff for her.

Archived