More Fat Bottoms

catheryn

464359353_ab8dab109b_m.jpg464351570_4e78672c5f_m.jpg

464351550_9f07381c72_m.jpg464351546_c503f168f5_m.jpg

464351542_0afdb1ca4e_m.jpg464351536_838e3a0406_m.jpg

464351534_9c3a214af8_m.jpg

I just love how quickly these bags can be made. You can see I have been busy making a dent in my Christmas list for next year.! These are done with a variety of yarns...some in Red Heart, some in Peaches and Cream, some in Mainstays. They sure are fun to do!!:manyheart

I'm glad to see:yay that I'm not the only one on a "Fat Bottom Bag" binge:lol. I've made about 7 of them:yes I've used different kinds of yarn also, the last two that I made I used RH Strata. The colors I used were RH Strata in Splash and RH Strata in Surf:hook I had to stop making them because I didn't have any handles:no I ordered some online, and would you believe that the handles I ordered did not match up with the bags that I had made:think. Most of the bags I made, white or bamboo handles would go. But I have to wait and find a website to order from. The town I live in is small, and the only craft store we have here is "Wal-Mart. I've asked before why they don't carry purse handles, the reply I get from them is, "You know, everyone asks us that". Well if everyone is asking for them, why don't they put in a suggestion to the person that orders these things in their craft dept. Anyway, these bags are fun to make, and quite easy once I got the hang of it. I also line my bags, which I don't really like to do:no , but they look so much better, plus I sew pockets onto the lining for keys, pens, etc. and I've also had to come up with something to keep the bag closed for when you put all your things into it. I'm still working on that idea:think ......

I'm glad to see:yay that I'm not the only one on a "Fat Bottom Bag" binge:lol. I've made about 7 of them:yes I've used different kinds of yarn also, the last two that I made I used RH Strata. The colors I used were RH Strata in Splash and RH Strata in Surf:hook I had to stop making them because I didn't have any handles:no I ordered some online, and would you believe that the handles I ordered did not match up with the bags that I had made:think. Most of the bags I made, white or bamboo handles would go. But I have to wait and find a website to order from. The town I live in is small, and the only craft store we have here is "Wal-Mart. I've asked before why they don't carry purse handles, the reply I get from them is, "You know, everyone asks us that". Well if everyone is asking for them, why don't they put in a suggestion to the person that orders these things in their craft dept. Anyway, these bags are fun to make, and quite easy once I got the hang of it. I also line my bags, which I don't really like to do:no , but they look so much better, plus I sew pockets onto the lining for keys, pens, etc. and I've also had to come up with something to keep the bag closed for when you put all your things into it. I'm still working on that idea:think ......

Check out the website eJoyce.com. That is where I order my handles from. The ones I order are the clear 5" handles because I figure I can use clear with anything. But they have the bamboo and all other kinds of colors and sizes.

Catheryn: Love your bags !!!!!! I love to make them.

I ordered some online, and would you believe that the handles I ordered did not match up with the bags that I had made:think. Most of the bags I made, white or bamboo handles would go. But I have to wait and find a website to order from. ................

.........I've also had to come up with something to keep the bag closed for when you put all your things into it. I'm still working on that idea:think ......

I order mine here They have a great selection, and the prices as well as the shipping is very reasonable. The last bag I made I used some magnetic handbag closures that I picked up at Hobby Lobby.

Check out the website eJoyce.com. That is where I order my handles from. The ones I order are the clear 5" handles because I figure I can use clear with anything. But they have the bamboo and all other kinds of colors and sizes.

Thanks for the info on where I can get the purse handles. I wish I could send you pictures of the first two purses I made, I didn't have any handles so I went to our local "Home Depot", I thought I might get some idea there for handles. I ended up buying some clear plastic tubing, I think it's used to run water through(I wish my hubby was here he could help me with description), I tried describing it just now in this post, but after I read it, it sounded like gobble-dee-gook, so I erased it:eek . So I leave you with that;) Again, thanks for the info:yay

Catheryn: Love your bags !!!!!! I love to make them.

I order mine here They have a great selection, and the prices as well as the shipping is very reasonable. The last bag I made I used some magnetic handbag closures that I picked up at Hobby Lobby.

I thought your orange bag was really cool, and I also clicked on to the sight you suggested. They had sooooo many neat choices, that I ordered over 20 of their 6" purse handles in different colors. My favorite purse handles are the marble ones. When I got the purse handles, I tried matching them up with the purses I had already made, maybe one matched. I did e-mail them and asked if they had any 6" clear, white or bamboo/wood. They told me they had white one's only:(. I'll just have to keep looking on the net:yes Oh, before I forget to ask, how to the magnetic handbag closures work for you????

GREAT job!!!! I bought this book just for this pattern altho' I have only done 3 of them. Have done some other crocheted purses tho' and amigurumi also. This bag is just awesome and goes so fast....but is ever so effective!

It prolly has been mentioned before, but where did you get the pattern for the rose? THAT is definitely a crowning/classy touch!

Thanx for sharing...

Maggitee

GREAT job!!!! I bought this book just for this pattern altho' I have only done 3 of them. Have done some other crocheted purses tho' and amigurumi also. This bag is just awesome and goes so fast....but is ever so effective!

It prolly has been mentioned before, but where did you get the pattern for the rose? THAT is definitely a crowning/classy touch!

Thanx for sharing...

Maggitee

The rose pattern was a freebie on the Lion Brand website. I crocheted the roses and then attached them to safety pins so they could be removed for washing!

And thank you all soooo much for your kind comments!!

The rose pattern was a freebie on the Lion Brand website. I crocheted the roses and then attached them to safety pins so they could be removed for washing!

And thank you all soooo much for your kind comments!!

Thanx for the info! I scooted right out and downloaded it! Ahhhh...a new touch for my next FBB!

Mega thanx again from this wrinkled ol' heart...:hug

Maggitee

BEAUTIFUL!! i'm still troddin along tryin to make my first one! lol that hhdc is kind of hard for a beginner to get in the hang of

the purse pictured in a peach color? what is the exact color? for some reason, peach or a salmon colored yarn is just not out there

:cheer

cynthia, most of us just do the hdc, it's much easier and most of us line our bags anyways so it's not that big a leap from the pattern. And it goes for a very fast fat bottom bag!

Archived