More Fat Bottoms

catheryn

I have a question: Are these hard to make? I'm not a beginner, but I'm not intermediate...I think these look really cool and I wanna' make one!

Hi - I've only made one, but I think these are pretty easy to make once you start.. I not a beginner, but not intermediate either but if I can do anyone can..

I was most confused by the fact that the bag is worked from (side to side) because when I started I had the idea that I was working from the handles part going down to the bottom of the bag, but when you look at the beginning of the pattern, just remember the handles are the LAST part of the pattern.

Oh, and in my opinion it is better to line the bag before you put the handles on... There is a great tutorial for how to line the bag at this link,thanks to someone very generous with her wonderful knowledge... Soo good luck and have fun with your FBB.....:hook

http://crochetkel.blogspot.com/2006/10/sew-you-wanna-line-your-fat-bottom-bag.html

My husband makes purse handles and I carry them on my website. Those fat bottom purses are adorable!

I use large snaps or a zipper to close my bags.

Those are awesome! I really am going to have to break down and buy the S&B book... these bags are just too tempting!

Or you can do as I do - keep renewing it from the public library!

I'm actually working on a variant of the Garden Scarf, the first project in the book.

Just figured out one of the flowers this morning ~ Joy

Fantastic! :clap I am in the process of beginning one of these FBBs and seeing all of yours has given me the determination to get it done! Are you lining them? Thanks for sharing!

Archived