April 20th - 23rd Charity Square-A-Long!

LavenderBear

Hello! :manyheart We are just about to start our next Charity Square-A-Long, which starts this Friday! Warm up your hooks, grab the stash you want to use, and sign up if you plan to join us! :hook

The rules are pretty simple . . .

1) Make squares in the colors and sizes of your choice! :yarn

2) Post how many you have completed when the Square-A-Long is over (and you can post as you go, which makes it more fun)! :yarn

3) Donate your squares to the charity of your choice! This month I am making red, yellow, black, and white squares for Pine Ridge lapghans! :yarn

Looking forward to getting started and meeting some new friends here! :yay:cheer:yes

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ooh ooh ooh! i want to join!!! i can't buy anymore yarn until i use some up, I was told!!! :( Perfect. And for a good cause. Okay, so I have to choose which charity, or are we doing this for a certain charity?

Okay. Starts Friday April 20???

Ok, I'm in, BUT instead of making squares I'll be putting sqaures together! I have a LOT of them and I need to get them together and out of my house, which has become quite cluttered lately!

I'll be cheering the rest of you on though!

Welcome again, Crystal! COOL, we will have a cheerleader for this round! :cheer Be sure and tell us how many items you make up with the squares you are going to be piecing! :yes

I hope to be here with you guys this weekend! Think I will make squares for lapghans for our hospice program at work. Will see how that works out. Probably just do grannies so I dont have to think to much...do them in 12 inch and I can do a lapghan with just 9 squares. Easy Cheesey!

Hi! I'm in. I've been watching for this for a week and a half. I'll be making more 16" square preemie afghans for the local preemie unit.:manyheart

I am sooo in again :yay Purchased some yarn today and now I need to bust some stash to make room for the newbies :hook

Although Friday is a long way away maybe will be able to get more yarn :devil :devil :devil

I will be making 6" squares, someday I will have to put all of these squares together and see what the final ghan will look like :yes

OK, I want in too, and I want to do like Crystal, put my squares together. I have enough made for 2 lapghans and I am donating them to the chemo center at the hospital my sister volunteers at. This will get me to finish them up, THANKS...

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, we've got more joining us this month! :yay I was getting posts from this thread, but all of a sudden I'm not anymore so I didn't know a bunch of you signed up to join! WELCOME!!! :cheer

Yes, feel free to use this time to put your previously made squares together, and making those lapghans is certainly charitable work!

Do you realize we have less than 48 hours before we start?! :clap For those of you who haven't joined us before, you start on your squares or projects anywhere from the time you wake up on Friday until the time you go to bed on Monday night! We don't all live in the same time zones, so we don't keep track of specifics like that!

Can't wait to get started on Friday! :hook I'm setting up a little area to "house" my squares as I make them and deciding which hook I will make them with - probably an "I" as that is my current favorite!

I'm off to get some errands done and go out to lunch with a friend! Have a Blessed day, everyone! And keep those hooks warmed and pull out your yarn, scissors, and needles to hide in those ends (if you plan to do that as you go along)! :manyheart

Count me in. I'm having a root canal on Friday and hope that I'll be crochet worthy afterwards. Thanks for the reminder PM, if it weren't for that PM I wouldn't have known about the blitz this weekend!

Cheers.

Cheryl. :hook

Hello!! We are ALMOST ready to start! Does everyone have their yarn, hooks, scissors, and yarn needles ready?! Have you set your own personal goal?! Do you know what you will make with your squares or who you will donate them to?! For those of you piecing together your squares this time around, have you decided what you are making?!

Let us know!!! :cheer As SpongeBob would say, I'M READY!!!!

Hello! :yay Today is the FIRST day of our Charity SAL! I have gotten started and have two squares done and four halfway done! How are you guys coming along so far?! ;)

Archived