April 20th - 23rd Charity Square-A-Long!

LavenderBear

Hi,

I have just finished my first round ripple, I am donating it to the chemo center at the local hospital....my sister and neice work there:

craigslist009.jpg

this counts right?? I am still going to join the extra granny sqs I have made and donate two more lapghans, I will post pictures when I get them together....

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do believe I am done for today. Didnt get a whole lot done though. I managed 2- 7 inch grannies and 4 grannys daughters for Crochet Shrone. I have been working on squares between finishing up a doily I am testing for Kathy and working on items for the charity blitz. Add to all that I went out to water the dogs and I "found" a hole I hadnt noticed before. One hand hit the AC unit and the other scraped the bottom of the hose reel. I sure hope tomorrow is a better day!

I am DONE for the night! I made 10 black and white combined squares today! I also have the first three rows done on another 10, which I will get started on tomorrow! I've also been working on UFOs that I want to get finished up in the very near future! I do a little on each and then back to the other! My goal is to make 10 squares per day, giving me 40 in all by the end of the Charity Square-A-Long!

CONGRATS to all of you who worked on your squares today! Can't wait to hear from others who did the same! Go, team, go! :cheer

WTG on all the squares everyone!

I got 9 12 inch squares peiced together for a lapghan, and I'm almost done edging it!

Keep up the good work everyone!

Yesterday I did 15 granny squares. I was just trying to use up all those little balls of yarn, just to get them out of my stash. Today, I'll get out some more and maybe use a pattern for the squares. Not sure. It's still early!

Hello everyone! I've had a BUSY day organizing my craft room and am just sitting down to work on my squares for the day! I worked on one early this morning and have nine more to go for my daily challenge! ;)

CONGRATS to all of you who have already gotten some done! Can't wait to hear from more of you! This is a VERY QUIET round, unlike most of the others! :yes

Chime in with an update anytime!

Hello! I only got 5 squares done today, but I have 5 half done to get going on tomorrow! Then I will start centers again for the next batch and in a different color! :hook

See you tomorrow (for some, today)! Nite! *waving*

Got NOTHING done yesterday, well at least not square wise. I'll hopefully get another lapghan put together today! Keep up the good work ladies!:cheer

I made 0 squares yesterday. I finished a doily and a wristlet and that was it crochet wise. I am gonna go try to get some done now though while it is quiet around here. I have some baby yarn in my room...really should get it out and make a preemie blanket or two for future use.

I've done 3 so far today and I pieced 3 of the blocks from yesterday into a row.

But I have a question. I'm new to crochet and I've never put squares together. I was wondering what piecing methods people use/prefer. I whip stitched my squares together, but I'm not sure I like how it looks. I made maroon and sage solid color blocks and I'm piecing them into a 9-patch pattern. Suggestions?

Hello! I have finished 20 squares now, and we are on day 3! Tomorrow (Monday) is our last day for this round! I plan to have another 10 done tonight before I hit the sheets, so stay tuned! :hook

WTG to all of you who made 1 or more squares and also to those of you who have pieced the squares you already had on hand together! Just think how each square counts toward making something for someone in need!! :yes

Keep on posting your totals and keep on going until you hit the sheets tomorrow night!! :hug

:cheer:yarn:cheer

Archived