April 20th - 23rd Charity Square-A-Long!

LavenderBear

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I got my 10 done for the day and am now up to 30 for the first 3 days! One more day to go and hopefully I will meet both my daily and round goal and have 40 squares to ship off for the Pine Ridge Lakota elders! :yay

CONGRATS to all of you who have gotten more squares done!!! Keep on posting them, and don't forget to post your GRAND TOTAL before you go to bed Monday night!! :yes

Let's keep going . . . we're almost done with this round and we're helping people just by making squares!! :manyheart

I got another 9 12 inch squares put together for a lapghan, I'm working on edging it now. I don't think I'll be able to do any today, but maybe I'll be pleastantly surprised!

Thanks to Linda:hug who keeps me informed, I've made 25 6" squares for this month. Making granny squares are one of my favorite passtimes and it helps me reduce my stash. I love making scarves and afghans so I always have a 2 gallon ziploc bag full of scraps waiting for a challenge.

Will report final total tomorrow.:cheer

I don't have lots of time to get on line but I love this group. The info posted here is priceless.

Happy crocheting/knitting to the home stretch.

Well I wasn't able to make but 1 square. Maybe I can get a few more done this evening. I'll try really hard. I wasn't very prepared today, My husband had to have Gall Bladder surgery today, We went in at 7:30 am and we got out at 4:00 pm.

WTG, everyone!!! Anyone who made one or more squares during this round is AWESOME!!! :cheer:yarn:cheer

Pamela, I'm sorry to hear about your hubby! I'll be praying for a quick recovery from his surgery today!

The day is nearly over for me here in Michigan, so I am going to stop at my 40 squares, which was my goal for these 4 days! I thought about squeezing in a few more, but my arms need a rest and I need to get some studying done and want to play with the items I purchased at Mary Maxim and Hobby Lobby today!! :yes

So . . . my GRAND TOTAL is 40 SQUARES!!! :hook

Please post your GRAND TOTAL ASAP so I can do a GROUP TALLY for this month's round! :ghug Thanks!

my four day total is 28 six inch squares

I'm rebuilding my square stash,I haven't weaved in ends in awhile,so that awaits me.I look forward to next time,y'all take care.

Linda

Good evening,

I just finished my 6th 6" squares so I'm done at 31. Shucks. I'm going to try for 40 the next time. This time it was my beautiful grandson's 1st birthday but I did make 6 when I baby sat for him on Fri. night. He fell asleep so I grabbed my hook.

Congrats to everyone who participated. Whether you made one square or 100, you made a difference because you took time from your busy lives to do something for charity.

Till the next challenge.

Hugs from Millie in NYC

I'm too tired to go down and count my total for this day, but I'm thinking it's six. Yes. It is six. So my total is 36. I wanted to do more, but my eyes could not stay open much longer and I used up all the scrap yarn I had. So, thank you for letting me participate. It was fun to test myself.

nite.

Congratulations, everyone! Great Job!!!:yay:cheer:yay

I have 3 rows to go on my last square, but will finish it this morning and it will bring my four day total to 6 18" square preemie afghans and 1 preemie hat.

I'm too tired to go down and count my total for this day, but I'm thinking it's six. Yes. It is six. So my total is 36. I wanted to do more, but my eyes could not stay open much longer and I used up all the scrap yarn I had. So, thank you for letting me participate. It was fun to test myself.

nite.

okay, well, i counted my total for yesterday and i was suprised that i did 8 and not 6. so my total was 38. i am quite shocked!

Finished totals for me

33 6" squares

10- 12" squares

Looks like my wrist and thumb pain is gone!!!:clap :clap :clap

Looking forward to the final total and for the next one :c9

PS Thanks for the incentive to bust some stash also.:hook

Well, I'm not getting the posts AGAIN so I thought I better come and see if everyone posted their totals! Here they are for this round!! :yay

For those who pieced together their squares on hand . . .

busy-bee-lmt = 6 preemie afghans

breger3 = 2 lapghans

For those who made squares . . .

olive = 17?

crocrazy = 10

hseger = 6

pineknott = 28

coolhockeymom = 28

MrsCrochetPants = 3

OneStitchMillie = 31

JazziBlu = 7 + GDs

iamnichole = 38

KellyA = 43

cshort = 9

LavenderBear = 40

The GRAND TOTAL = 269 Squares (including the preemie afghans) + 2 lapghans put together! WTG, team!!!!!!!!!! :cheer:ghug:cheer

Archived