Look at what I got...a puppy!!!

Well Jadzia lol that's exactly how we came up with the name lol. We didn't know what to name him so we watched him to see how he is and he started to chew on everything so now he got his name lol. He is so small I can't help but hold him all the time my mom said to stop b/c that'll spoil him but then all in the same breathe I caught her holding him.

Well Jadzia lol that's exactly how we came up with the name lol. We didn't know what to name him so we watched him to see how he is and he started to chew on everything so now he got his name lol. He is so small I can't help but hold him all the time my mom said to stop b/c that'll spoil him but then all in the same breathe I caught her holding him.

Perhaps it's just me, but I don't think loving and holding dogs or children will spoil them. What WILL spoil them is letting them get away with things they shouldn't get away with or giving them everything they want whether it's reasonable or not.

He's definitely a cutie! :yay Have you tried Bitter Apple or one of the other things to keep him from chewing on things he's not supposed to? We went through so many bottles of the stuff when our dog was a puppy!

Have fun!

Linda Y

That's what they say about babies. But I still rock my (almost two year old) to sleep at night. You have to do that wile they let you, or you may not be able to anymore. ;)

Your little Chewy is to cute. My little Madeline is almost 8 months now. She's not so little anymore. I think her name should have been Chewy! She has chewed up the corner of my cabinets. :eek

He's so cute....I'm a new puppy mommy too. we got lucky and got a chocolate labrador for FREE!!!! She is so pretty, and we named her Bella...but maybe we should have named her chewy too! And I am having to get used to the potty training! My beagle mix that is 14yrs old came to my house starving as a stray. I felt sorry for her because she had fleas so I bathed her and then she wanted outside. I just figured she hated the bath, but she pottied and came right back to the door! She was already trained and has never had an accident. i have had her 14yrs , so I'm not really sure how old she is, but I took the stitches out where she had been spayed. Some of them had grown into her skin. i think she either got lost or whoever owned her died or something. She is fantastic. Baby was my first dog, and bella is my second.

Spoil him I say! Too much love never hurt anyone!:manyheart

Soooooooo cute! How much does he weigh?

He only weighs 2 1/2 pounds so small and cute.

Charlene your pets are cute how big are your rat terriers? We are trying to do the potty traing but I have no idea how to do it any help from you more experienced dog owners?

Thanx everyone for the compliments on Chewy.

He only weighs 2 1/2 pounds so small and cute.

Charlene your pets are cute how big are your rat terriers? We are trying to do the potty traing but I have no idea how to do it any help from you more experienced dog owners?

Thanx everyone for the compliments on Chewy.

they are no more than 20-25 lbs. I know you take them to the same spot every time you take the dog out and loads of praise.

Potty training isn't necessarily difficult, but it does take a little time and paying attention to your puppy. This article looks all right. This one fills in some of the gaps of the other one. Just remember, as a general rule, they can only hold their pee for one hour per month that they are old, so you're little guy should probably be going out at least every hour and a half. You can usually stretch this a little at night, but be prepared to get up in the middle of the night to take Chewy out.

Good luck!

Linda Y

what a cutie pie, makes ya want to just sit there and hug him all day long. i hope he don't live up to his name with your household stuff make sure he has a chew toy that will help him:hug:hug:hug

My, how precious! My pup is now 12 years old and I'm dreading the day he leaves us. A house just isn't a home without a fur-baby around. :)

Archived