Blended Pastels Round Ripple w/Shell Edging

Chrome Kitty

Look at post 39 in this thread and it has most of the info. For the blending you use two strands throughout. First two of the same color, then one of the same color and one strand of the next color held together. Then a few rounds of that second color, etc.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That is so pretty...great for a boy or girl !!! The edging is such a nice detail !!! Thanks for sharing!

P.S. Isn't it so nice to hear...she doesn't know if it is a boy or a girl !!! I was never given the chance to know ahead of time...and I would not have wanted to know...it takes away some of the joy by knowing before the baby is born.

There are still a few of us left out there that don't want to know. I didn't want to know with mine either and it would have been every easy to find out had I wanted to. I tell people it is like opening your christmas present before christmas.

• 6 months later...
Next I am going to do the pattern you used, I would greatly appreciate if you could give me an idea as to how you did your shell border?

Has anyone seen a post with anything about how the shell border is done on this? I'm just about to finish one of these beautiful blended ripples, and I'm not real sure how to do the shell border. :think

:ty

stunning !!! I've been "eyeing" the mary maxim kit for a while!!! I wish they sold just the pattern,but many thanks :manyheart for sharing how you accomplished this heirloom!!!!

Has anyone seen a post with anything about how the shell border is done on this? I'm just about to finish one of these beautiful blended ripples, and I'm not real sure how to do the shell border. :think

:ty

Pammy, I just recently finished a blended baby ripple and used the shell border. I had been drooling over Chrome Kitty's blanket for months and finally decided to make one for my first Grandbaby due next month.:c9

(I just can't stop saying that!!!) Anyway, here is a link to the blankie I made http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=48663&page=253

and for the directions I wrote out for the shell edging..(I called them scallops :blush but they're actually shells), go to post 2533 on the same thread.

Somewhere on the forum, there is a post by Chrome Kitty that explains how she did her shell border but I can't find the post. I did mine basically the same way she did, but she explains it better.

The number of shells on the side depend on how big your points are, you might need more or less than what I have. I finished off my blankie then reattached the yarn and just played around for a while til I figured it out.

Hope this helps, Good luck and be sure to post a picture of your finished blankie, I just love looking at these blended RR's. They are all so beautiful. I may just make another one for myself!

Katie G :hook

Pammy, I just recently finished a blended baby ripple and used the shell border. I had been drooling over Chrome Kitty's blanket for months and finally decided to make one for my first Grandbaby due next month.:c9

Thanks, Katie, for the instructions. I looked through the posts and didn't find this one. I have a few more rows (including the border), and I'll be finished with my first RR! You've helped me a bunch! I'll try to post a picture when I finish.

I think this will be a favorite to make from now on. I love this blanket! And the blending just makes it extra special. :applause

• 1 month later...

I really love the way this turned out. What pattern did you use or on rr does it matter? I've never made one before. I'm thinking this would be perfect to make for the games. I have a friend due on christmas and she needs everything since they thought they were done. so this is what I want to make her.

Love it!:yay

I really need to give the blended thing a try on my next RR. :crocheting

Archived