Blended Pastels Round Ripple w/Shell Edging

Chrome Kitty

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's wonderful! I have a question: Since you were using two strands, did you use two different colors for a few rows as you were switching to the second color?

What an awesome, beautiful and gorgeous afghan you designed and created!!! :cheer I love the color combination, the beautiful crochet art work, and the shell edging. Your friend is going to cherish and treasure this gift for all time.

Carol

Another beautiful ripple from you! I've had my eye on the MM Peaceful Pastel afghan for a while, with it being on my back burner to try, but have always steered away from the Baby Coordinates for some reason (oh yeah, I heard somewhere it doesn't hold up well with machine washing/drying... maybe because people have dried it on a hot setting, and it needs to be dried at a low temp). In any event, I've gotta try this one. How large did yours turn out?

Debbie

:manyheart Thank you!:manyheart

Birdlady-I did use two strands of one color for a few round and then one strand of the old and one strand of the new for two rounds then two strands of the new color.

Debbie-This was my first time with BBC. I never really liked it because of the shiny strand and the "bendy" texture, but I like it much better now after seeing it worked up. It's really soft. I hope it holds up well. I'm estimating it's about 40" point to point. I lost my tape measure in the yarn pile, so it's a rough guess.:lol

this is a beautiful afghan! i just posted that i finally cleaned up my stash yarn and wanted to "use what i had on hand before i bought any more yarn" - famous last words, and i saw this. i've made one round ripple in the rainbow colors and loved doing it. the colors and blending on this one are gorgeous. i'm working on a baby blanket now but when i'm finished, i'll be buying the yarn to do this one. thanks for sharing and for all of the wonderful information on corrections and directions that you posted.

I'm in love with this blankie! It's for a friend at work who's expecting her first baby. She doesn't know if it's a boy or girl, but I think it will be a boy, so I tried not to use too much pink just in case I'm right.:lol It's done with Bernat Baby Coordinates in their pastel shades of yellow, pink, purple, blue & green in that order. I used 2 strands and a J hook, so it was super quick to make. I had a hard time capturing the true colors on film. It's much more "cotton-candy-ish" in person.:blush

th_pasclse.jpg th_pasrr.jpg th_pasrip.jpg click to enlarge

I love it! I am going to have to make one.:cheer

i got my yarn for this today. i had planned not to buy any more yarn until i saw this afghan. i won't begin until i finish a project i'm working on now but i couldn't wait to see the colors together in person. thanks for sharing your beautiful work.

Archived