Blended Pastels Round Ripple w/Shell Edging

Chrome Kitty

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok! Great! I said I would never make a round ripple. Now I must! That is the most beautiful I have seen. I know they are pretty, easy and quick...but I just don't understand how you would use them. They are not really big enough to cuddle up with and while perfect for babies...I don't have any around at the time being. But seeing this one and the blending of colors, well, now I must make one! :yes

• 2 months later...

That is so pretty...great for a boy or girl !!! The edging is such a nice detail !!! Thanks for sharing!

P.S. Isn't it so nice to hear...she doesn't know if it is a boy or a girl !!! I was never given the chance to know ahead of time...and I would not have wanted to know...it takes away some of the joy by knowing before the baby is born.

That is just simply gorgeous. The mom and baby-on-the-way will absolutely love that afghan. The way you did the colors is breathtaking. You did a fabulous job.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I am a newbie here, and the reason I finally registered was after seeing your beautiful round ripple! I think it's the most beautiful baby blanket I have ever seen. I had never down a RR, or worked with two strands, or used that funky yarn, so after looking at your blanket for days, I ordered the Mary Maxim kit, and thanks to reading all the tips on the various fourms here, its worked up so fast and easy!

I started it Tuesday night and am on the last nine rounds. I am addicted to RR's already :)

Next I am going to do the pattern you used, I would greatly appreciate if you could give me an idea as to how you did your shell border?

thanks so much, and hello to everyone. :yes

• 3 weeks later...

I am in LOVE with this blanket!!!!! You did such a wonderful job! I had just posted that I was looking for a RR pattern as I am pregnant and my hubby wants to not find out what it is. So now I need to make some things that will work for a boy since I had made a lot of girly things for my daughter. This is exactly what I was hoping to find. Your color combos are beautiful. I look forward to trying a new pattern, a new technique with the two strands and blending, and I hope it turns out even half as beautiful as yours!

Thanks for the inspiration!

I've almost finished mine...although I ran out of green on the last round so I have to get more, then do the trim. This one will be for my daughter and I'll be making another one that starts with green in the center, then blue, then purple, then back to blue, and green in case I'm having a boy.

I looked at the washing instructions for the Bernat Baby Coordinates and it says to wash for 2 minutes, spin thoroughly, and then dry for 5 minutes in the dryer. I don't think I can set my front loading washer for 2 minutes. Has anyone washed this yarn normally and what happened? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I made a set (clickable pictures below) for my brother & sil out of the Baby Coordinates. They haven't had a chance to use it yet (she was just born on Friday), but I washed it on the gentle cycle, and dried it in the dryer until it was dry, & it didn't seem to harm it at all.....I didn't even see the instructions you mentioned until I took the label off & apart lol. I saw machine washable & dryable, and figured gentle cycle was good enough lol.

th_babybonnetresized.jpg

th_ClaytonMichellesBabyblanket2.jpg

th_babyjacketfront.jpg

th_babybooties.jpg

Those are beautiful, and congratulations on being an auntie! I did the same as you....saw the yarn was machine washable and dryable so bought it and used it and only when I was done with the yarn and took the wrapper off saw the special instructions. A few other people said they have washed it on the gentle or low cycles and it has been fine so that's what I'll do as well. Thanks!!!

I absolutely love it!!

What pattern did you use? Is it the one with the correction? If so, what is the correction?

How did you get it to fade into each color?

Whats the pattern for the border?

Sorry so many questions but I have been wanting to make one of these in the rainbow effect and I really like yours.

Archived