Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

I have been on and off here for a couple of years, and wanted to do this!

I even finished up 3 afghans that have been in various states of progress forever, so I didn't have them hanging over my head.

Am I too late to join?

Thanks !!!

~*~ Mary * MI ~*~

http://paper-crazed.blogspot.com/

http://crochet-crazed.blogspot.com/[url=http://crochet-crazed.blogspot.com/][/url]

I have been on and off here for a couple of years, and wanted to do this!

I even finished up 3 afghans that have been in various states of progress forever, so I didn't have them hanging over my head.

Am I too late to join?

Thanks !!!

~*~ Mary * MI ~*~

http://paper-crazed.blogspot.com/

http://crochet-crazed.blogspot.com/[url=http://crochet-crazed.blogspot.com/][/url]

Never to late to join, we all check in from time to time. Look forward to seeing your RR.

Everyone here is very nice to help out if they can so just make your self at home and have a great time.

Thanks!

I have a couple baby patterns...is it hard to extend it to adult?

I think I am going to do Raspberry Pink, Light Pink, and White for a friend of mine.

Thanks!

Mary*MI

Mary there very easy to extend. You just keep going until you get the size you want.

Thanks!

I have a couple baby patterns...is it hard to extend it to adult?

I think I am going to do Raspberry Pink, Light Pink, and White for a friend of mine.

Thanks!

Mary*MI

I forgot to post these two baby round ripples made during February. These are going to charity.

Debbie those are really nice afghans.

I will be making one in the next month or two for my niece she is having a girl in July. Hers will be pink and white.

I looked through my Pattern stash, and found the New Crochet Basics book (Peach Baby Round Ripple pattern on the front) !!!

I think I will make that one to start. A teacher that I work with is expecting this fall, so I will make it for her!

Edited by mfranklin
clarify

Here are two of the RR's I made for Kathyrn's NICU charity. One Pound of Love will make a baby ghan and an RR.

If you get the chance you should check out her charity thread, it's amazing how many baby-ghans she donates.

IMG_3607.jpg

Hi! I just finished a Peach Baby Round Ripple, I used ww yarn, it came out lovely,...wish I would have remembered to take a pic, I gave it to dear mother in law for her b-day, such a fun, fast and easy pattern. Good Luck!

Next time you visit her...take your camera!!!!!

I've had to do that before!!!!!

Hi! I just finished a Peach Baby Round Ripple, I used ww yarn, it came out lovely,...wish I would have remembered to take a pic, I gave it to dear mother in law for her b-day, such a fun, fast and easy pattern. Good Luck!

Since you all seem to be the experts on Round Ripples, I thought you'd be the ones to ask this question... I just finished my first RR baby afghan (12 points), but it just doesn't lay flat. Of course I just figured this out after I finished the whole thing. Is there a secret to getting it flat? When I fold it in half, the diameter is anything but straight. What did I do wrong?

post-4140-135897517296_thumb.jpg

Since you all seem to be the experts on Round Ripples, I thought you'd be the ones to ask this question... I just finished my first RR baby afghan (12 points), but it just doesn't lay flat. Of course I just figured this out after I finished the whole thing. Is there a secret to getting it flat? When I fold it in half, the diameter is anything but straight. What did I do wrong?

[ATTACH]18596[/ATTACH]

Well, it sure looks pretty from here. :manyheart

Which RR pattern are you using? I think if you post that information someone can chime in and post some helpful hints specific to that pattern.

I would like to join in here. I am seriously working on stashbusting and think this would work for a lot of my baby yarn. I am going to give it a try anyway. Thanks for being here. Got a pattern from one of the early posts in this thread.

[ATTACH]18596[/ATTACH]

From the picture, it appears you haven't increased properly, that is, there are not sufficient increases.

What pattern are you using?

I LOVE round ripples. So when I saw some crochet-covered rocks, I thought it would be fun to do. I started with Aggie May's 9-pointed round ripple pattern, and just "made it fit" after a few rounds...

The one in the lower-left of the first pic shows the round ripple pattern, but they were all started using the first few rounds of the pattern. The second picture is the reverse side of all three. If you don't have the pattern, you can pick it up for free here.

This was fun and a quick-fix for us crochet-junkies...

post-13211-135897517884_thumb.jpg

post-13211-135897517885_thumb.jpg

I'm using a Herrschner's kit called "Round Ripple Baby Afghan". It does indicate a double-two chains-double in one round and 2 doubles-two chains-2 doubles in the next round (alternating). I was pretty careful following the pattern. My tension seems to be consistent throughout. I just can't tell if it is a tension problem or a pattern problem.

:cheer I did it!!!! I got my Round Ripple done in only a few days! That is a record for me!!!

Usually I put something down and work on something else, and then something else etc. It is nothing for me to take a year to finish something.

I made it for a friend of mine who loves hot pink.

I used Monica's Sunshine Round Ripple pattern, and just went until I thought it was big enough. I think it is about 5 feet across. I think it is a little bigger than lapghan size.

I put a picot edging on it, to give it a little frill.

post-14484-135897518591_thumb.jpg

:cheer I did it!!!! I got my Round Ripple done in only a few days! That is a record for me!!!

Usually I put something down and work on something else, and then something else etc. It is nothing for me to take a year to finish something.

I used Monica's Sunshine Round Ripple pattern, and just went until I thought it was big enough. I think it is about 5 feet across. I think it is a little bigger than lapghan size.

That is absolutely beautiful, and now I want to do one just like it! Sadly, my husband might kill me if I start another project. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Your RR is beautiful. :cheer The pink is great. I'm sure your friend will love it.

I picot edge? :faint You have WAY more patience than I do.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't posted here for ages, I've been making other things and learning how to knit. Now THAT'S a slow-going craft:lol

....you have all made some beautiful things!!!

My latest RR, approx 70 inches. Used Homespun (mostly in Prairie) with a K hook.:hook I used the Sew on Fire pattern...I think:think I started it a while ago....:lol

post-8552-135897529909_thumb.jpg

I haven't posted here for ages, I've been making other things and learning how to knit. Now THAT'S a slow-going craft:lol

....you have all made some beautiful things!!!

My latest RR, approx 70 inches. Used Homespun (mostly in Prairie) with a K hook.:hook I used the Sew on Fire pattern...I think:think I started it a while ago....:lol

It's beautiful, great job. You are so right about knitting lol it is slow going. I too have been knitting about a year. It's fun to learn a new craft. :-)