Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

for NICU...

my latest 2 rr's [ATTACH]28237[/ATTACH] [[ATTACH]28238[/ATTACH] my next one will be in Red/White/Green for Christmas

More gorgeous RR's! Lovely, just lovely. :cheer

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks, everybody! And yes, they DO work up fast with 2 strands. You just have to get a bit creative when one color seems to be running low:lol

Norma, I love the royal blue!:cheer:clap Good to "see" you!

• 3 weeks later...
I think my next blanket for the NICU will be a RR. I'm going to use the first pattern posted here

http://project-angel-kisses.150m.com/roundripple.html

I've never done one before so I'd love some encouragement!

Be warned...they are addicting! :lol This may be the first one you make but I guarantee it won't be the last! :yes

I think my next blanket for the NICU will be a RR. I'm going to use the first pattern posted here

http://project-angel-kisses.150m.com/roundripple.html

I've never done one before so I'd love some encouragement!

I use that pattern too - when I misplace the one I usually use:lol

Once the ripple pattern is established make sure you pay attention to your stitch count in the peaks and make sure you skip the 2 stitches in the valley.

And as Deb said, they are addicting - I have lots of pics on my older blog posts, and a couple others not posted there yet:D

Be warned...they are addicting! :lol This may be the first one you make but I guarantee it won't be the last! :yes

I started mine! It's going to be all red. So far the pattern is very simple which I like <3

I use that pattern too - when I misplace the one I usually use:lol

Once the ripple pattern is established make sure you pay attention to your stitch count in the peaks and make sure you skip the 2 stitches in the valley.

And as Deb said, they are addicting - I have lots of pics on my older blog posts, and a couple others not posted there yet:D

Thanks sweetie! I've just started getting peaks and valleys going :manyheart

I think it's going well. I've messed up on the numbers a few times, but an extra 2 dc in 1 or dc 2 tog has cured the little blunders.

I've started on the white now

There have been times I fudged when I made a mistake(instead of frogging a row or two) and no one can ever tell!

That looks great!:cheer

Here's my VA Tech RR for a young lady I know:

post-5630-135897599862_thumb.jpg

I like this 8-pt RR pattern because you don't have to count rounds to do increases at the points. It uses 2dc, ch2, 2dc at the points on every round once the flower middle is established. Nice and mindless stitching ... The pattern is in Leisure Arts New Crochet Basics titled "Ripple Baby Afghan."

Everyone's projects look great! I love the red one that's in progress. :yes

[ATTACH]30883[/ATTACH]

I like this 8-pt RR pattern because you don't have to count rounds to do increases at the points. It uses 2dc, ch2, 2dc at the points on every round once the flower middle is established. Nice and mindless stitching ... The pattern is in Leisure Arts New Crochet Basics titled "Ripple Baby Afghan."

That's BEAUTIFUL!! I have no way to get the pattern. Would you be able to write it out for me? If not that's ok but I really like the 8-pt look!! I would really like to make one of these for the hospitals too :hook

I'm continuing work on my RR and it's looking great so far! I have no plan yet in mind for how the stripes are going to look but hopefully it ends up ok

Thanks sweetie! RR seem quicker then straight row blankets and I might make RR my 'main' blanket for my bereavement packs :manyheart:hook:crocheting

I make these for nursing homes, too.

[ATTACH]30883[/ATTACH]

beautiful!! so perfect-looking!

Lissa, I've used Crochet Dad's pattern (9 point) and it keeps the same count for each point....

I make these for nursing homes, too.

beautiful!! so perfect-looking!

Lissa, I've used Crochet Dad's pattern (9 point) and it keeps the same count for each point....

Hi Judianne! I have no idea what Crochet Dad's 9-pt pattern is. Could you tell me where I could find it? I'm 100% new to Round Ripples