Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

Round Ripple vs. Granny Square: I asked this in another forum here but didn't get all my questions answered so I figured someone in this thread would know...

I'm wanting to do both patterns but curious about the amount of yarn used for both.

They will be baby/toddler or lapghans for Project Linus. I'm wanting the measurements to be about 40" give or take.

Any ballpark figures for the number of 7oz. skeins used???

Does one use more yarn than the other?

I would think a granny would use less for the size. I am working up the granny RR that crojulee posted right now. I have used probably half of a 5oz ombre and a about a 1/3 of a 7oz solid. If I used both of them I would probably be about baby blanket size.

I think it might also depend on what type of yarn you are using as to how bulky it was, etc. I would say that you could probably do a baby blanket or lapghan easily with 3 skeins. You often see the baby blankets that are done "by the pound" for when you buy the 1lb skeins of yarn.

Very pretty Judy!!!! I looks so warm and comfy! I love the color choices!!!!

Thanks...I was lucky - I had JUST enough stash to make it and still have a color scheme I liked!

Thank you Ladies! I do have enough yarn for either. I've got...

2 skeins RHSS Light Sage

2 skeins RHSS Aran

and for the other blanket

2 skeins RHSS Light Sage

1 skein RHSS Carrot

1 skein RHSS Aspen Print (5oz. variegate)

Judy ~ I pm'd you!

Thank you Ladies! I do have enough yarn for either. I've got...

2 skeins RHSS Light Sage

2 skeins RHSS Aran

and for the other blanket

2 skeins RHSS Light Sage

1 skein RHSS Carrot

1 skein RHSS Aspen Print (5oz. variegate)

Judy ~ I pm'd you!

Sent you a PM back;)

well... I had about 20 rows done and frogged the whole thing. I had noticed a definite buckle in it and it began to wave more and more so I decided to frog it all and dont know if I will try the pattern again or try just a basic RR this time and maybe the granny RR at another time. I really am not sure where I went wrong on it. I even went through as I was frogging it and checked the rows to see if I missed something.

Oh well :( Sooooo... anyone got any favorite RR patterns they feel like sharing? I had started going through the post from the start and most of the links to patterns where no long any good. I guess I could start going backwards until I came across one.

well... I had about 20 rows done and frogged the whole thing. I had noticed a definite buckle in it and it began to wave more and more so I decided to frog it all and dont know if I will try the pattern again or try just a basic RR this time and maybe the granny RR at another time. I really am not sure where I went wrong on it. I even went through as I was frogging it and checked the rows to see if I missed something.

Oh well :( Sooooo... anyone got any favorite RR patterns they feel like sharing? I had started going through the post from the start and most of the links to patterns where no long any good. I guess I could start going backwards until I came across one.

I'm not sure why your afghan would ripple. Hmmmm....... I'll do some thinking on that. I've been trying to get on the computer all day so I could write out the 6 point RR but boy friend has been on the computer all day long.

Sorry about the rippling. I'll pm you tomorrow after I've had a little rest.

Thanks

Julee

This was my first attempt at a ripple... I am going to give it another shot and see what happens. I think I am going to go up a hook size as well. I usually crochet fairly tight so it is not uncommon for me to use an I or even J when working with WW yarn and still getting a nice tight looking stitch.

Try this free one form Crochet Dad (here on CV). It's 9 points and each point has the exact same stitches in it. Just make sure to avoid a mistake most of us make when first attempting RRs: check to make sure you always skip the 2 stitches in the valley.

http://www.lulu.com/product/file-download/crochet-pattern---9-pointed-star-round-ripple/3158566

Good luck!

I have a wip to finish then I am going to look through my stash and see if I have Christmas colors for the tree skirt RR. I am hoping I have what I need.

I just started working again this last week so have to wait a bit longer before I can splurge on yarn again.

Try this free one form Crochet Dad (here on CV). It's 9 points and each point has the exact same stitches in it. Just make sure to avoid a mistake most of us make when first attempting RRs: check to make sure you always skip the 2 stitches in the valley.

http://www.lulu.com/product/file-download/crochet-pattern---9-pointed-star-round-ripple/3158566

Good luck!

This was the first one that I did---it is a great pattern...and I'm getting ready to make another!

Nice RR Judy- as are ALL of your RR!'s!!!:yes

Thanks!:hook

my latest 2 rr's [ATTACH]28237[/ATTACH] [[ATTACH]28238[/ATTACH] my next one will be in Red/White/Green for Christmas

Very pretty work!:clap

Are you using the brighter Christmas colors or subdued versions?

Thanks!:hook

Very pretty work!:clap

Are you using the brighter Christmas colors or subdued versions?

Judy, I will probably use 2 or 3 different versions. I have some red heart Holiday yarn in Red/red white with silver and green/green metallic

option 2 is red white green with silver metallic and option 3 is a burgundy aran and hunter green with gold metallic thread in it

Judy, I will probably use 2 or 3 different versions. I have some red heart Holiday yarn in Red/red white with silver and green/green metallic

option 2 is red white green with silver metallic and option 3 is a burgundy aran and hunter green with gold metallic thread in it

Nice! My fav is the last choice. I started a traditional Christmas ghan with similar colors - just no metallics. It's still a WIP - I've been using sampler squares to make it.