Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

It's beautiful, great job. You are so right about knitting lol it is slow going. I too have been knitting about a year. It's fun to learn a new craft. :-)

Thanks!

Yup...slow, but good exercise for the old brain cells:lol

• 3 weeks later...

I have lots of leftover baby yarn that might work into a RR. I tried the link at the beginning of the thread for the pattern on Sew On Fire, but it said it couldn't find the page. Does anyone have a current link for that pattern?

I have lots of leftover baby yarn that might work into a RR. I tried the link at the beginning of the thread for the pattern on Sew On Fire, but it said it couldn't find the page. Does anyone have a current link for that pattern?

For some reason the link is gone....not sure why. If they didn't make it a "paid" pattern I'd be willing to copy mine and send it to you -

Very pretty work, Norma and Debbie! The red and gold one are my High School colors...brings back memories....

For some reason the link is gone....not sure why. If they didn't make it a "paid" pattern I'd be willing to copy mine and send it to you -

Judy see my most recent post for the new pattern link

Thanks for your kind offer, Judy, and for the link, Norma. I found the link myself but was thrown by the picture. Thanks for reassuring me that it is the round ripple.

I am a member of the newly formed WIP-buster CAL, so I'm not going to start mine right away. However, I have bookmarked the link so I can find it when I'm ready. Meanwhile, I'll lurk here to see all your beautiful RRs.

Judy see my most recent post for the new pattern link

Norma!!! Hi! Long time no see...

Thanks so much for the new link - I didn't think to check on Ravelry...

I hope all is well with you...I mainly hang around Our House CAL

ty for the link of the pattern ... thinking of making one too for my first grandchild due in sept...I will probably take a break from my project to start the round ripple. I will let ya know when I start it :)

• 4 weeks later...

I love seeing all these Round Ripples!!! It is very encouraging to those of us who are just starting!!!

Would it be possible to say what pattern is used, when a picture is posted? I know they are very similar, but there are subtle differences.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!! KEEP THE PICS COMING!!!!! YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!!!

I started a RR using the Sew on Fire pattern, but it doesn't lie flat - it ripples like there are too many increases. I even took out the increases on some rows which helped, but it still isn't flat. Any suggestions on using this pattern? Here is a picture - I flattened it as well as I could before I took it, but you can still see where some parts seem to fold over and under each other.

post-20651-135897547547_thumb.jpg

Also, does anyone have a scheme for when to change colors? Mine is going to be just 2 colors - pink and white - and I am going to have one row of each color between the major color changes. I don't know how wide to make the bands of solid color, though. Any suggestions?

Anne

It might just need blocked to make it lay flat.

On that pattern I think starting with row 7 you are supposed to do {1dc, ch, 2 1dc} in the points, then for the next 2 rows do {2dc, ch2, 2dc} in the points, which would be rows 8 and 9 then continue doing Rows 7,8,9 until the end.

To get ideas for color schemes, I just did a search for Round Ripples on Ravelry to see what others have done. There are so many cute combinations, I don't know if it is possible to not have it look great.

Hope that helps!

I have another RR about half-way done. I am making it for a friend. She picked the yarn. It is RH in Magenta, Coffee, and Cherry Chip. I am so disliking the magenta yarn. It's very rough compared to the other 2 colors. I will be very glad to be done with it!

I am hoping to finish it in the next few days. I have 3 Corner to Corner afghans planned for Christmas presents, so I need to get done with this RR and get busy on those. Of course the RR is addicting and I already have the yarn for another one!!!!!!! :scrachin We'll see if I get the other 3 afghans done before starting the next RR....I don't know......:P

Thanks for the advice Mary. I went back and read the pattern more carefully and saw my mistake. I'm going to leave it for a while to get some other things done, but I'll get back to it in a month or so.

• 4 weeks later...

These are soooo fun!

This one took me a little longer, because I had to put it aside to work on something else.

I already have another one ready to start!!!!

I did a scallop border to dress it up a bit!

post-14484-135897559508_thumb.jpg

post-14484-135897559512_thumb.jpg

These are soooo fun!

This one took me a little longer, because I had to put it aside to work on something else.

I already have another one ready to start!!!!

I did a scallop border to dress it up a bit!

I like it!! it's very pretty. Great work. Thanks for sharing. :-)