Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

Here is my latest RR.

The last time I visited with my grandma she hinted that it was time for another afghan for her davenport. :lol I'm going to send it to her for Christmas.

It's the AggieMay pattern so it isn't ruffled and it lays nice and flat. I used CrochetDad's modified sedge stitch for a nice neat edging.

Done in;

Caron pounder in Lace

Bernat SV in Summerset Hombre, White and Redwood Heather-

IMG_2449.jpg

Shelly - that's very pretty.

Here is my latest RR.

The last time I visited with my grandma she hinted that it was time for another afghan for her davenport. :lol I'm going to send it to her for Christmas.

It's the AggieMay pattern so it isn't ruffled and it lays nice and flat. I used CrochetDad's modified sedge stitch for a nice neat edging.

Done in;

Caron pounder in Lace

Bernat SV in Summerset Hombre, White and Redwood Heather-

IMG_2449.jpg

That is SOOOOO!!!! Pretty!!

Thank you all for your kind words. It's official, I'm addicted. :hook

Very pretty Shelly. I am sure she will love it!

Ok I keep hearing about the AggieMay version. Where can I get it?

I was using what I thought was the Aggie May pattern from the "6 point to 12 point to 24 point CAL" but I believe this pattern is a little different and it works up wonderfully. Just as jenniferelyse 74 said, if you PM Aggie May (Colleen) she will reply with the pattern. Have fun, and be sure to post a picture once you have one finished. :cheer

It well be ages before I ever do one of these again. I hate working on it and it is taking way to long. Don't know if it is the pattern or the fact I am using a G hook but yuck. lol

I wanted it to be an afghan for my dad but it is taking so long it well have to be a large lapghan. So far 44 inches but going to do three or four more rows and call it done. Sorry cant get the attachment to work right. I hate making you have to click something cause I hate having to do it. :lol

post-21616-135897463712_thumb.jpg

Edited by SlowCrocheter

Angie, it's using the G hook that makes it take so long. I like making mine with 2 strands and a M or P hook:hook

It's very pretty, though:clap

It well be ages before I ever do one of these again. I hate working on it and it is taking way to long. Don't know if it is the pattern or the fact I am using a G hook but yuck. lol

I wanted it to be an afghan for my dad but it is taking so long it well have to be a large lapghan. So far 44 inches but going to do three or four more rows and call it done. Sorry cant get the attachment to work right. I hate making you have to click something cause I hate having to do it. :lol

Bless your heart! It is very pretty! I don't do well w/ projects that go slow. I've not done a single strand RR, I do 2 strands w/ a M hook, so that they work up fast; I'd frog it if I didn't. I hope you will try another after this one.

Awww Angie- :hug I think your RR is wonderful. :cheer

I had to laugh because I have only used a G for my RR's ( a G is my favorite hook). I guess ignorance is bliss- maybe I would be more prolific if I increased my hook size!

Keep it up, you are almost there. Just keep telling yourself "one more round" and you will be finished before you know it. :hook

Ok done. (picture posted in show in tell afghans.)

I have a question I am going to try one more time with a N hook and two strands of yarn can I still use the spiderman patter for that?

I've never done a spidey ghan....but I can't see why not.

And your RR came out very nice. It's going to be nice and warm!

• 1 month later...

So I had this yarn that I desperately needed to destash, as there was no room to put it. So I decided on a round ripple which, as we all know, eats up the yarn.

So: a little over ten 7 oz. skeins of Red Heart Super Saver yarn in dark sage and light sage; 60 rows; and 29,966 stitches later, here is my latest round ripple. As you can see, it hangs over my queen sized bed.

post-14703-135897489478_thumb.jpg

post-14703-135897489482_thumb.jpg

So I had this yarn that I desperately needed to destash, as there was no room to put it. So I decided on a round ripple which, as we all know, eats up the yarn.

So: a little over ten 7 oz. skeins of Red Heart Super Saver yarn in dark sage and light sage; 60 rows; and 29,966 stitches later, here is my latest round ripple. As you can see, it hangs over my queen sized bed.

It looks great!

It looks great Debbie- :cheergreen is one of my favorite colors.

Nice to have some activity on this thread, thank you for taking the time to post.

And now I know why the RR gets tedious towards the end- 60 rows sounds SO much better than 29,966 stitches! :lol

Beautiful afghan!