Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

• 1 month later...
These are soooo fun!

This one took me a little longer, because I had to put it aside to work on something else.

I already have another one ready to start!!!!

I did a scallop border to dress it up a bit!

This is very striking :yes May I ask which pattern you followed for this? I love the colors and that there are many points.

Uh oh I think our Cal has got tired.Maybe if I post it will kick our cal out there agin so ladies will join agin.

I love these things!!!!

I have the yarn, and am going to start a square-ish one, that I saw on Ravelry. You can see the pic here: http://www.leisureartslibrary.com/cart/pc/Rainbow-Crochet-Pattern-Afghan-Jacket-and-Bootie-Set-5p103.htm

I am very excited! I am going to do it as a surprise for my sister who just re-did her living room. The afghan is going to be Red Heart Coffee(dk brown) and Aruba Sea(teal blue-ish) and a variegation of these 2 colors Earth and sky.

I love these things!!!!

I have the yarn, and am going to start a square-ish one, that I saw on Ravelry. You can see the pic here: http://www.leisureartslibrary.com/cart/pc/Rainbow-Crochet-Pattern-Afghan-Jacket-and-Bootie-Set-5p103.htm

I am very excited! I am going to do it as a surprise for my sister who just re-did her living room. The afghan is going to be Red Heart Coffee(dk brown) and Aruba Sea(teal blue-ish) and a variegation of these 2 colors Earth and sky.

Would love to see it when you get it done!

I made my first RR with the help of Judianne aka Judy- We met up - I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong- and as soon as she showed me, I was off and running. I used CrochetDad's 9 point RR pattern- great pattern!!!

post-27163-135897577315_thumb.jpg

I am thinking about doing my first RR... My question (without reading all almost 400 pages!) is can it be done with just 2 colors and look decent? I bought a varigated yarn today and a compliementing color... can I manage it with just these two colors you think?

Hoping to join in soon!

I love these things!!!!

This will be really pretty, I saved the link for future use :D And thanks for sharing the other link :hug

Yarn was bought tonight do my RR... I decided aganist what I had previously picked out. I will be using Bernat Super Value in the following colors:

Teal Heather

Lavendar

Luxury Ombre

Is there any recommendations on which rounds to change colors? I am trying to decide if I want to do just a basic RR or if I want to wait for CroJulee to release her granny RR pattern and do that one. I suppose that it might be better to get a more traditional one done first but I really like the way the granny RR is working up... decisions decisions!

Yarn was bought tonight do my RR... I decided aganist what I had previously picked out. I will be using Bernat Super Value in the following colors:

Teal Heather

Lavendar

Luxury Ombre

Is there any recommendations on which rounds to change colors? I am trying to decide if I want to do just a basic RR or if I want to wait for CroJulee to release her granny RR pattern and do that one. I suppose that it might be better to get a more traditional one done first but I really like the way the granny RR is working up... decisions decisions!

I know how you feel I would really like to try the Granny Ripple also so I been kinda waiting for her release too. The colors you have picked sounds great.

I know what I will not be getting done today... HOUSEWORK :) I have a new project to start on!!! WOOT!!! Hubby is already laughing at me... says he is glad he has to work because he knows that my interest will be on yarn and a hook!

Thank you for making this pattern available Julee! I hope mine works up as pretty as yours have!

Round Ripple vs. Granny Square: I asked this in another forum here but didn't get all my questions answered so I figured someone in this thread would know...

I'm wanting to do both patterns but curious about the amount of yarn used for both.

They will be baby/toddler or lapghans for Project Linus. I'm wanting the measurements to be about 40" give or take.

Any ballpark figures for the number of 7oz. skeins used???

Does one use more yarn than the other?

I'm bad...never keep track of that (which is why my stash is so huge...all those leftovers), but a guess would be the RR uses more yarn...

Just a guess.