Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

Is it too late to join? I just printed out the pattern and I would need to get the yarn tomorrow at walmart.

Dreamweaver

As far as I know, this thread/CAL is always going:hook

Welcome....

I have a RR I'm making for a Christmas gift, and will post it when I finish.

Is it too late to join? I just printed out the pattern and I would need to get the yarn tomorrow at walmart.

Dreamweaver

Jump right in. It may get a little slow here sometimes, but there is always someone making a RR.

Be warned, they are extremely addictive :yes

As far as I know, this thread/CAL is always going:hook

Welcome....

I have a RR I'm making for a Christmas gift, and will post it when I finish.

Can't wait to see it. Is this one being done in Homespun?

Can't wait to see it. Is this one being done in Homespun?

Yup:D I use a bigger hook for the RR's when I use Homespun. Makes it lots easier to go fast;)

Well the RR I started has already been put aside. I have 13 skeins of Lion Chenille in teal that I got for like 3 bucks each. That is one of my sisters favorite colors.

After I made her a scarf with that stuff a few years back she asked for a lapghan. I never did make it. So now that she has completely forgot about it and cause I believe this pattern well work with this stuff I decided to start a rr using the yarn I bought.

It is working up fast so should be able to have it done in time and still be able to finish the other for my Dad. I hope.

And here it is. Almost one skien used up already. Its a little hard to see. Next pictures I take Ill go outside.

share.jpg

Love, love, chenille....it should be awesome to snuggle under when it's finished!

woo hoo! just started on a round ripple for a co-workers lil one. its my first attempt and i am in love. i would love to joing this cal. i know this wont be my last blanket!

I'm just about done with my first RR and have a couple questions...

:think Can RRs be made using any ripple pattern? How much adjusting would it take? Has anyone done it?

Is there such a thing as an oval ripple?

Thanks guys...these really are addicting! :eek

I made a 2 strand RR Rug for Hilly last week. Had to only work on it while she was gone, since it is going to be a Christmas present. I haven't been able to take pictures of it completed yet, but do have one when it was half done. Guess I will share that until I get a pic of it completed.

th_2StrandRug1.jpg

clickable for details

That Is so pretty

Mel, It's good to see you. Hope all is going well for you.

And here it is. Almost one skien used up already. Its a little hard to see. Next pictures I take Ill go outside.

share.jpg

Very petty and I bet that is so soft. She will love it. Looking froward to seeing it complete.

woo hoo! just started on a round ripple for a co-workers lil one. its my first attempt and i am in love. i would love to joing this cal. i know this wont be my last blanket!

Welcome to the party, I think were all addicted lolol They are wonderful gifts and so quick to make. Gld you joined us.

I've made a round ripple using this pattern

http://project-angel-kisses.150m.com/roundripple.

While the result is pleasing (I copied the Mary Maxim peaceful pastels using the hints and tips and inspirations on this site), I have a question concerning the chain 3 at the beginning of each round. What would happen if I did a dc instead of a chain 3? The space between the chain 3 and the next dc is a bit obvious and bothers me a wee tad.

I did sub a dc for the chain 3, but I've only done two rows (row 5 and 6), and haven't seen much difference. I don't want to proceed further and then discover that I would need to frog the whole thing.

Thanks.

Ok here it is again with two skiens of yarn used up. And I took it outside so you can get a better idea of the color. Not lying to flat on the grass though.

th_TRR004.jpg

and hanging on my ramp rail.

th_TRR008.jpg

Edited by SlowCrocheter

Holy cow! Is that the same one that looks almost black in the other pictures? I guess lighting really can make a difference! :D

Beautiful work, btw.

First one done!

ChristmasRR.jpg

Very pretty! I started mine this afternoon, also in Christmas colors but I also added a gold and my repeats are different.

Very nice. I started another one tonight after finishing a blue/green one. The new one is a version of the spiderman one, but done in batman colors and I'm going to stitch the bat symbol on it (I hope). I'm doing this one and the spiderman one for my nephews for christmas.

Thanks for the hints and inspiration: Mary Maxim's pattern

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp102/soyamiso/b.jpg

Love your afghan pattern and the colors. Will have to hunt up mine and if I don't have one will have to order a kit from MM. Is yours a kit from MM or just the pattern?

TallGirl,

I used this pattern:

http://project-angel-kisses.150m.com/roundripple.html

which is probably the basic round ripple pattern.

Instead of doing two rows of small shells and two rows of large shells, I did one row of small shells and 2 rows of large.

The yarn is Bernat Baby Coordinates in white, yellow, peach, pink, purple, blue, and green. It's worked on a 6.5mm hook using two strands held together.

Color scheme:

1st 3 rows white

2 rows white/yellow

2 rows yellow

2 rows yellow/peach

2 rows peach...and so on.

The knowledgeable folks here tipped me to the color scheme and doing only one row of small shells instead of two -- geniuses they are.