Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

I just finished a Blue RR last night for a friend of mine. I had lots of different colors of blue yarn and needed to use some up. My friend got this as a Christmas gift today and really likes it. :D

BlueRR.jpg

For a size reference, the bed is a queen-size.

That is a stunning RR, I hope mine turns out half as nice as yours did. I'm nowhere near finished as I decided to use up ALL my blues and greens and I have lots. Its gonna be HUGE!!! But I have a king size bed so it will get plenty of use.

That is a stunning RR, I hope mine turns out half as nice as yours did. I'm nowhere near finished as I decided to use up ALL my blues and greens and I have lots. Its gonna be HUGE!!! But I have a king size bed so it will get plenty of use.

I was doing the same thing...lol. I had a lot of blue yarn from the stash I "inherited" (http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=85471) so I was trying to use it up. :D I used about 1/3 - 1/2 of what I had I think.

Well, her kids have birthdays this week and next, so we just through everything into one gift for each kid and did it last weekend when they came to visit. They live about 1-1/2 away and she doesn't like to drive if there is any snow on the ground (lol) so we figured we better do it now.

Well I should be done with the tiel lion chenille RR I have been working on sometime today. It is a lapghan. My sister requested one two years ago. I'll try to post a picture later today but it is to cold to take it outside. lol

Then back to work on the other one I had started. Ill work on it till Christmas or it is afghan size which ever happens first.

Ok here it is. I spent 12 hours finshing this up yesterday. Now my right are is very tired. So can't crochet any today.

Its a lapghan so only 40 inches from point to point. My sister requested one a couple years ago made with this yarn. So she can use it when she plays EverQuest and pet it. lol

th_FTRRforum.jpg

Edited by SlowCrocheter

This is my first Crochetville post and first attempt at the rr. I made it with RedHeart Baby Sport Pompadour in Sweet Dreams & White. Love the shimmer it gave it. Anyway, it was made for a co-workers lil one. Mom loved it and I hope u like it to! :yay

babycunninghamroundripple006resized.jpgbabycunninghamroundripple001resized.jpg

Please note the correction on Row 5.

I use Lyn's RR pattern when I make the afghan so this is a variation of her pattern - with a split! I made a second one (for my Mom) and wrote the pattern down as I went along this time. All you seasoned round ripplers will have this done in no time!!

DCP_5815.jpg

Materials:

7 oz. White, appx. 4 oz. each Green & Red, appx. 1 1/2 oz. Verigated

size K hook

Row 1. With Green ch 15, dc into the 3rd ch and across, (13 dc).

Row 2. ch 3, 1 dc in same st, 2 dc in each st across (26).

Row 3: ch 2, *skip next st, 1 dc-ch 2-1 dc in next st (V-st made). repeat across from * ending with hdc in same sp as ch 3. (12 V-st)

Row 4: ch 2, * 2 dc-ch 2-2 dc in ch-2 sp, repeat across from * ending with hdc in ch 2.

Row 5: ch 2, * skip 2 sts, dc in next dc, 2 dc-ch 2-2 dc in the ch 2 sp, 1 dc in next dc, skip next 2 dc, 1 dc in next st. repeat across from * , ending with hdc in ch 2, change to White.

Row 6: ch 2, skip 2 sts, 1 dc in of next dc to ch-2 sp, * 2 dc-ch 2-2 dc in next ch 2 sp, 1 dc in each of next dc to skipped 2 sts, skip 2 sts, 1 dc in each of next dc to ch-2 sp, repeat across from * ending with hdc in ch 2.

Row 7: ch 2, skip 2 sts, 1 dc in each of next dc to ch-2 sp, * 1 dc-ch 2-1 dc (this is a small shell made of a doubleV-st) in next ch 2 space, 1 dc in each of next dc to skipped 2 sts, skip 2 sts, 1 dc in each of next dc to ch-2 sp, repeat across from * ending with hdc in ch 2.

Row 8: ch 2, skip 2 sts, 1 dc in each of next dc to ch-2 sp, * 2 dc-ch 2-2 dc (this is a large shell made of a doubleV-st) in next ch 2 space, 1 dc in each of next dc to skipped 2 sts, skip 2 sts, 1 dc in each of next dc to ch-2 sp, repeat across from * ending with hdc in ch 2.

Alternate Rows 7 & 8. Color scheme is 5 rows green - 3 rows white - 1 row verigated - 3 rows white - 5 rows red - 3 rows white - 1 row verigated - 3 rows white - 5 rows green. The last row will be a small shell row. Replace the small shell with 2 dc-picot(ch3, sl st in first ch) 2 dc. This makes the points very pointy.

With 2 strands of green, make a ch 12-14 inches long and weave through the dc's in row 1 to tie it in place on the tree.

Correction on row 5

Row 5: ch 2, skip 2 sts, dc in next dc, *2 dc-ch 2-2 dc in the ch 2 sp, 1 dc in next dc, skip next 2 dc, 1 dc in next st. repeat across from * , ending with hdc in ch 2, change to White.

Thanks Wendy for catching it!

Tallgirl, I love your grey rr! What yarn did you use?

Senoj75, very pretty baby blanket.

Lisa, thank you so much for posting your pattern here.

I used lighthouse Ocean Sunset Ombre It's a 100 wool and I don't care for it. The yarn is thick and thin and crap even though the afghan looks nice. lol Also hard to rip out if you have to do some froggin.

...and after looking at all the posts during my ( home remodeling) absence, I'm left wondering.. is it at all possible to make an UNattractive RR?? I think NOT!! everything is so beautiful!

Great work everyone!! can't wait to jump back in!

th_HPIM0674.jpg

This is made from Homespun, using an L hook. The bed it's on is Queen size. I used a rev hdc to border it...and I'm getting paid for it!!

th_HPIM0674.jpg

This is made from Homespun, using an L hook. The bed it's on is Queen size. I used a rev hdc to border it...and I'm getting paid for it!!

Very nice! And thanks for the idea for the border - I've used rev sc, but never rev hdc.

Very nice! And thanks for the idea for the border - I've used rev sc, but never rev hdc.

Thanks! And the rev hdc is lots easier on the hands than the sc, JMO....