Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

Good to see ya both,I'm about to begin one soon agin too. I guess I just needed a rest from all the crocheting I did for x-mas. And I think I have a little spring fever too :) My daffodils are peeking through the dirt, I can't wait. I'm glad your all doing well and looking forward to seeing your work agin.

Daffodils! We still have an inch or 2 of icy snow in many places:P

I am hopefully going to finish my RR this weekend. I was wondering if anyone did any special stitch on the edging other than the double crochets. I would appreciate any input. I am making a large RR for my den.

I am hopefully going to finish my RR this weekend. I was wondering if anyone did any special stitch on the edging other than the double crochets. I would appreciate any input. I am making a large RR for my den.

I make a rev hdc...comes out gorgeous!

I've used the following:

• sedge st (sc, 2dc in same st, sk 2 st, repeat around) - Makes a nice scalloped edge.
  • CrochetDad modified sedge (sc, dc, sk 1, repeat around) - Same as above, but a shorter, lower scallop.
  • Reverse sc - makes a nice, firm edge
  • sc around

When using any of the above, I've also added a small picot stitch at the points for emphasis.

I haven't used the reverse hdc yet, but it's on my list - thanks judianne!

I haven't used the reverse hdc yet, but it's on my list - thanks judianne!

I found it easier on the hands than the rev sc, which I used all the time before discovering the rev hdc

I am still working on my second one. As soon as I get to my next color change Ill update with a picture. It is about 45 inches now got a long way to go on this one still. Shooting for 60 inches or when Im out of yarn. lol

Mine is around 29" so far.I am wondering though why it dosnt lay flat.It bunches up and I'm frustrated as this is going to be a gift.Any ideas?I am dreading having to take it all out.

Mine is around 29" so far.I am wondering though why it dosnt lay flat.It bunches up and I'm frustrated as this is going to be a gift.Any ideas?I am dreading having to take it all out.

Did you skip the 2 stitches in the "valley" as you're supposed to? Or maybe you increased somewhere along the line.

As many as I've made I still find myself havign to count the stitiches - at least occasionally - to make sure I haven't made a mistake.

And I've also had to frog some rows:P

Here are two round ripples I did in December and January.

th_HPIM0992.jpg

This one is done in Bernat yarn, a buttercream, sage and buff. This yarn was left over from another round ripple in this color.

th_HPIM0993.jpg

This is my personal favorite -- and made for me!! It is done in I LOVE THIS YARN, cranapple variegated and forest green. It's very Christmas-y looking.

th_HPIM0995.jpg

A close up.

Hope you enjoy ! !

Did you skip the 2 stitches in the "valley" as you're supposed to? Or maybe you increased somewhere along the line.

As many as I've made I still find myself havign to count the stitiches - at least occasionally - to make sure I haven't made a mistake.

And I've also had to frog some rows:P

Thank-you for responding to a newbie.

Yes as far as I know I do the missed stitches.As far as knowing if I put in an extra one,lol,that I dont know.Frogging?What is that?

Im thinking it still looks A-ok,but I like it to be perfect.Anyone else with this problem?

Thank-you for responding to a newbie.

Yes as far as I know I do the missed stitches.As far as knowing if I put in an extra one,lol,that I dont know.Frogging?What is that?

Im thinking it still looks A-ok,but I like it to be perfect.Anyone else with this problem?

frogging="rippit" out:D

...and I had lots of help when I started here...so I like to pay it forward, as they say.

And perfectionism, I'm afraid, is a problem most of us here have:lol.

Are you able to take close up pics of the part giving you problems? I might be able to see something you're missing - or not. There might not be anything you've forgotten to do!

If not, I might suggest you go up a hook size on the next row and see if that helps it lay better. A "fudging" trick I've used for other things. i also will increase or decrease, even if not called for in the pattern, if it will help the piece I'm working on.

Ok,I think I know what happened.

After the 9th row it says to alternate,2 rows small shells,2 rows large shells.I didnt notice till a few rows later that I was doing 1 row small,one row large.I left it.Would this have made it bunch up?I continued the right way once I noticed it.

Im using bernat softee baby and an F hook.Very hard to work but it will look nice once I figure out the problem.

I'm thinking rather then ripping it out,start another.

My dog can always use another blankie,lol.

Ok,I think I know what happened.

After the 9th row it says to alternate,2 rows small shells,2 rows large shells.I didnt notice till a few rows later that I was doing 1 row small,one row large.I left it.Would this have made it bunch up?I continued the right way once I noticed it.

Im using bernat softee baby and an F hook.Very hard to work but it will look nice once I figure out the problem.

I'm thinking rather then ripping it out,start another.

My dog can always use another blankie,lol.

If you went along that way fot several rows, absolutely! Some people change colors for the rows (lg, sm) My RRs are 2 lg shells amd 1 small... but I know there are other versions out there.

And definitely - you dog can use another blankie if you want to do another from scratch.

You should see all the blankies around this house for our GSDs!

...and that F hook is going to take you a long time...:P

ever think of using 2 starnds and a very big hook? :devilYou can get shadings of color that way

th_HPIM0992.jpg

This one is done in Bernat yarn, a buttercream, sage and buff. This yarn was left over from another round ripple in this color.

th_HPIM0993.jpg

This is my personal favorite -- and made for me!! It is done in I LOVE THIS YARN, cranapple variegated and forest green. It's very Christmas-y looking.

th_HPIM0995.jpg

A close up.

Hope you enjoy ! !

Your afghans are so pretty. Nice work. I'm picking out my yarn tonite to start one. It has been awhile since I done one but this one is for ME !!! lolol

Haha,I have trouble doing it with one strand.The pattern I'm using says to use a F hook.Do you think it would work with an H seeing as its going to be for a baby. Im use to using H's.

I'm using a soft yarn and it snags a lot.

Haha,I have trouble doing it with one strand.The pattern I'm using says to use a F hook.Do you think it would work with an H seeing as its going to be for a baby. Im use to using H's.

I say use whatever you're comfortable with and what you feel works well with the yarn. I'm currently doing some 2 round grannies in the CSS with an I hook.

th_HPIM0992.jpg

th_HPIM0993.jpg

th_HPIM0995.jpg

A close up.

Hope you enjoy ! !

Very nice, you did a great job, love the colours you picked:manyheart

Thank-you for all your help.I will get started on the new one now.

I have read qite a bit of posts on here,like for the last 3 hours,lol.Lots of beautiful RR.Most dont look like they have buckled so I have hope that mine will be fine too.I printed out the Sew on Fire pattern and will try that one.It looks almost exactly like the one I was using.

Im using Lilac,Mint,a varigated yarn called Easter Basket and maybe some white.Crossing my fingers.

The yarn you're using does snag a lot...and the Sew on Fire pattern is my fav:c9

I'd like to join this CAL, as I have just started working on a Round Ripple afghan. I got it as a Herrschner's afghan kit for Christmas. So far, it's coming along well... :crocheting