Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

TallGirl,

I used this pattern:

http://project-angel-kisses.150m.com/roundripple.html

which is probably the basic round ripple pattern.

Instead of doing two rows of small shells and two rows of large shells, I did one row of small shells and 2 rows of large.

The yarn is Bernat Baby Coordinates in white, yellow, peach, pink, purple, blue, and green. It's worked on a 6.5mm hook using two strands held together.

Color scheme:

1st 3 rows white

2 rows white/yellow

2 rows yellow

2 rows yellow/peach

2 rows peach...and so on.

The knowledgeable folks here tipped me to the color scheme and doing only one row of small shells instead of two -- geniuses they are.

Thanks so much for your info and color scheme for your round ripple Soyamiso. That will really help me the color scheme as I never know what colors to put together and how. I just ordered that variegated stuff from MM but I have lots of baby yarn here and in all those colors. So that is fantastik and wish me luck. I have one round ripple on the go with variegated pink and just finished a grey variegated. As soon as I do in the ends of the blah grey one I will post a pic.

Been busy and haven't posted in a while.

You all have been busy!

What beautiful RR's you have made. Wonderful job everyone :clap

Here is my latest RR. I made it with LB Microspun yarn. It splits like crazy and really slows you down, but it is so soft.

th_MicrospunRR.jpg

click me for close up and details

Oops, just noticed I left the stitch marker and hook size marker on the RR.

Hi all

I have just started my first RR about an hour ago. Just giving my hands a break now. I'm using Aggie Mays pattern and its coming along nicely. Going for various shades of blue and green with a dark grey accent. Not through choice, just what I have laying around right now.

Isnt it amazing the variations that can be achieved just by using different colours? I've looked at so many finished RR's on here, most of which have used the same pattern and they all look so different.

I've not had chance to read the complete thread, so how many of us are actually in the middle of one right now??

Been busy and haven't posted in a while.

You all have been busy!

What beautiful RR's you have made. Wonderful job everyone :clap

Here is my latest RR. I made it with LB Microspun yarn. It splits like crazy and really slows you down, but it is so soft.

th_MicrospunRR.jpg

click me for close up and details

Oops, just noticed I left the stitch marker and hook size marker on the RR.

Thats beautiful Mel, Good too see you agin.

Hi all

I have just started my first RR about an hour ago. Just giving my hands a break now. I'm using Aggie Mays pattern and its coming along nicely. Going for various shades of blue and green with a dark grey accent. Not through choice, just what I have laying around right now.

Isnt it amazing the variations that can be achieved just by using different colours? I've looked at so many finished RR's on here, most of which have used the same pattern and they all look so different.

I've not had chance to read the complete thread, so how many of us are actually in the middle of one right now??

Hi Tilly,

Welcome to our CAL, you will meet a lot of great ladies here. Glad to have ya here with us.

Just so ya'll know that I'm still actually participating in this CAL. :heehee

I've made progress and don't think I ever posted an updated photo. I have two more camo stripe rounds to complete, 3-5 rounds of brown, and a border to go. This is on our queen size bed, so it'll be pretty big when I'm finished. Gotta keep them growing boys covered!

3051111466_7e6eaaecd9_m.jpg

I just finished a Blue RR last night for a friend of mine. I had lots of different colors of blue yarn and needed to use some up. My friend got this as a Christmas gift today and really likes it. :D

BlueRR.jpg

For a size reference, the bed is a queen-size.

I have decided to make the spidey-ghan for my nephew for Christmas. I do have a question, though. Probably very simple answer but I need some clarification. I know the pattern says to keep repeating rounds 7,8, and 9, having 1 round of small shells followed by 2 rounds of large shells. My question is, when you add the black sc round, do you always do it in sc small shells or if it time for a round of large shells, do you do that? If it is always sc, ch2, sc, is it basically ignored in the 1 small, 2 large shell sequence? :think I hope I am explaining myself so you can understand.

Thanks for any help as I need to get this started. :D

BTW, I have almost finished my Christmas rr table cover; I think I have 5 more rounds to go.

I think I just answered my own question. I found an earlier version of the pattern and it gave directions for 2 sc-ch 2-2 sc shells so I'm guessing this round also counts in the small, large, large shell sequence. Right?

I think I just answered my own question. I found an earlier version of the pattern and it gave directions for 2 sc-ch 2-2 sc shells so I'm guessing this round also counts in the small, large, large shell sequence. Right?

Mizmo, I counted them in the 2 large/1 small shell sequence, wherever it happened to fall. For all I know, it turned out just fine. Here are two pics of it on my ravelry http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Sherilynn/spiderman-round-ripple-afghan