Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

Well I don't think I am going to get this other one done in time for Christmas this year. My hands have been hurting to much.

So maybe next year.

Sorry your hands are aching. I feeling that some today, too and I'm wearing these warm fuzzy chenilly gloves....makes typing real fun! :hug

• 2 weeks later...

Help me ladies..Im struggling with my RR. Its probably about 5 feet wide now, I've still got a fair bit of yarn to use up but the rounds are taking sooooo long to do now I've lost interest in it. Distracted myself with making scarves for DD teachers and myself. 7 scarves later I really should get back on it and finish the job. Anyone feel like this towards the end of a BIG RR? I need a kick up the backside ;)

Yes As the RR grows it can take hrs to do one round.I have done loads of these.Just finished 4 for Christmas gifts.It took at least 1 1/2 hrs to do the blue rounds .....but when it is done it is worth it.Keep going!!

This is 76 inches across from one point to the other.I hated the last 7 rounds but they needed done.You may not make yours as big but like I said it is worth the time to do it.

100_16621.jpg

To see my other RR's go here:

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showgallery.php?ppuser=114788&cat=500

Hope this helps......

My big one (planing on 70inces may have to settle for 60 got to be done by Weds) is just 35 inches now. But it is already boring. lol Just keep crocheting.

Blah no way is this going to be done by Christmas.

So Daddy will just get the batteries he asked for. (rechargeable with charger) and get this RR next Christmas but since cool days don't last long around here I plan on a row a day so it is done soon.

Edited by SlowCrocheter

I'm sold on using multiple strands and a large hook. This one was made with 4 strands and an S (19 mm) hook. It was my first project with that large of hook, but it turned out well. I called it "Fade to Black" and I'm not sure I shared it here in this CAL, but it was shared over in the show and tell area. Anyway, here it is:

3118975011_91577a7e6f_m.jpg 3118970133_c081df13c5_m.jpg 3119797156_116fc40899_m.jpg

It went really quick, at least compared to some single strand versions of the same size.

Wow crochetdad that looks great. I was thinking the same thing when I was working on mine. I was thinking 2 stands and a N hook would go so much faster. But this is the last one for a while got a new project in mind for this summer.

Wow, CrochetDad and Marycathie your RR's are lovely!

I've never made anything using more than one strand at a time. I must give it a go. Have to buy a chunky hook first tho. I think my biggest is 5.5mm.

Im determined to get this RR finished over the weekend if it kills me! I may even just do a round of Rev sc and be done with it!

Either way, there will be a piccie here soon.

I'm just trying to finish a spiderman one for ds, but I have a feeling that I'm going to need more red, and because its snowing like mad today I can't get it till later (I'm going into town later for a hair appointment, christmas present to myself) I find that rr's go faster than doing a straight line like dd's blanket. I love the black and red rr.

I'm just trying to finish a spiderman one for ds, but I have a feeling that I'm going to need more red, and because its snowing like mad today I can't get it till later (I'm going into town later for a hair appointment, christmas present to myself) I find that rr's go faster than doing a straight line like dd's blanket. I love the black and red rr.

I just finished a straight ripple and I totally agree with you! Be careful going out in the bad weather!

Wow, CrochetDad and Marycathie your RR's are lovely!

I've never made anything using more than one strand at a time. I must give it a go. Have to buy a chunky hook first tho. I think my biggest is 5.5mm.

Im determined to get this RR finished over the weekend if it kills me! I may even just do a round of Rev sc and be done with it!

Either way, there will be a piccie here soon.

Try a rev hdc as a change: easier on the hands and the look is really nice.

Just a suggestion.

I keep on thinking which afghan to do for my guest room. I keep on going back looking at the Aztec Sun pattern from 40 Favorite Round Ripples. So I am going to do that. I will be using the colors dark pink, light pink, white & green.

Since it's getting pretty darn cold here I decided to take a break from my ultra large rr for my bed. I made this for my dog who is a tough little terrier but thinks he's a lap dog!!

ralph2.jpg

It's 2 strands of red heart, linen and pinata, and is 36in.

helikesit.jpg

I think he likes it!! :yes

I really like the border around your rr. Can you please tell me how you did it?

Thanks,

Renee

Already posted this in Show n Tell but thought I'd put it here too. I tried the Rev Hdc and just couldnt get in the swing of it. But I struggle with Rev anything, I find it awkward :think

So here it is, done at last. :cheer

th_c004-1.jpg

clickable

I am going to acmoore to get the yarn for my spiderman blanket. Wish me luck.

quote=countrykids;1557555]I'm just trying to finish a spiderman one for ds, but I have a feeling that I'm going to need more red, and because its snowing like mad today I can't get it till later (I'm going into town later for a hair appointment, christmas present to myself) I find that rr's go faster than doing a straight line like dd's blanket. I love the black and red rr.

I finished 3 for christmas for my neice and nephews. I did a blue/ green one (neice) and then a spiderman and a batman one. they had to be different so i took batman colors and did one.

th_026.jpg

th_029.jpg

th_031.jpg

Very nice,Tonyal !!! What's the 3rd color on the batman RR?

They're gonna :manyheart them.

I started my first RR about 2 days ago. I have started round 7, but I'm confused about repeating the rounds. Whether I skip the stitches i skipped in the previous rows, I hope i can figure it out.