Spring Time Mystery CAL for Beg. Threadies

heart

Well, the boys decided to go out after dinner, soooo, here's my photo. The rows are in different colors just to help define each row for photos. I ran out of the Rose color when I made the first one, so it's white and cream for this one. Clickable

th_Captured2007-3-2400001.jpg

mine is loose on the can too, it does not fit tightly, it will slip off the can when I pick the can up. Just don't stretch it to much, this will be dainty when we are finished. I am going to try it with the 18dc in R1 and see what I come up with, too.

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome Miller3602! Glad to have you!

This really is turning out to be very fun. I've even laughed outloud a few times, hubbythinks I'm nuts! :D

I'm glad everyone is having a good time with this. It's neat to hear/see the different varaitions. :U

OK... my family thinks I have totally lost it and dh is going for power of attorney...:D

" Christopher...do you have a coke can under your bed by any chance(if you could usually see his room you'd understand this is NOT a long shot)..."

" Nope mom I cleaned my room this morning and dad and I already took the trash to the dump"...h

" hmm.. great...the one day I don't wan the kid to clean his room he does"

So then I proceed to the pantry and try fitting the thing around a speghettio can.... but I wasn't really happy with it until Sarah mentioned the Bush's baked bean tall size can.. it fits perfect and I was doing a little happy dance in the pantry when dh comes in and notices the crochet around the bottom of the can.....

..He walked out and told Christopher I was make "can pants" and he felt maybe they should pay more attention to mama cause SHE"S LOST IT...

..~sigh~can pants....

are we supposed to be makeing more than one? if so i missed something......now to go up and do today's rows.....i want to see my can pants!

No, those who have more than one are going to have more than 1 project when we finish. The main project is just one of these. More will come tomorrow.

Here are the other 3 of mine. The white one is done in #5 thread. The rose one (that was pictured on the thread) needs a monster can and I don't think I have one that big :lol

th_threadcan1.jpg

th_threadcan2.jpg

th_threadcan3.jpg

all clickable

They look good Mel. Maby you could use a small coffee can? I can't think of anything else...maby those large cans of chicken or tuna, just stack them up...hahahahahahahahah...Chicken of the Sea Pants! Now I have lost it for sure!! :)

my pants fit a can of green bean! this is fun .... let's keep going

crochet hooks in a padded cell maybe but no thread or yarn, we might get tangled in it and not be able to get out!

Hi Dreams of Yarn, thanks for your great pictures. I haven't posted pics yet, but I would love to. Can you explain how to do this, or can you give me a link to how to do it? I have a picture ready to go. Brenda

:laughroll:sofunny:lol :lol :rofl

hehe this is just way funny. I have just woken up this sunday morning to find you have all gone looney. Its a mystery??

Well I will do my rows just as soon as I have had brekky and cleaned up around the place a little bit. Then its back to crochet. I guess while Im cleaning I will go look for a can to use.

Can Pants! :rofl :rofl :rofl

crochet_n_it

Hi Dreams of Yarn, thanks for your great pictures. I haven't posted pics yet, but I would love to. Can you explain how to do this, or can you give me a link to how to do it? I have a picture ready to go.

See if this might help you!

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=44217&highlight=picture

This doesn't show it very well, but I just had to post this. This is my first one, and it is the monster one. It fits real well on the thread :lol I'm in the process of taking more.

th_springthreadcal1.jpg

clickable

Hehe, I just figured out mine does that too!

KnicKnac, thanks for the link. I think I've got it. Here we go. I opted to leave the can out of the pic because it was hiding row 5. This is #3 Bridal White with a 2.35mm hook and it's still a little big for a 20 ounce can. That's a mystery to me :shrug Brenda

BrendasmysteryCAL.jpg

I have a really dumb question. How do you tell if thread is #3 or 10 or whatever? I am looking at these pics and thinking that the thread looks much thicker than what I am using. I am using just knit-cro-sheen.

I think I am doing something wrong too because my numbers aren't coming out. But it is all even so I guess it is good?

I've been gone most of the day and hurried and finished today's 'mystery' before I started reading the posts..... Maybe I should have read first for a change. Then I would have known that I'm not the only 'loon' around here! My hubby came home and caught me with all the canned food from our pantry stacked around my recliner. I told him I must be a lot looser than I thought and that none of my cans would fit! He informed me that something must be loose!!!! Then when he saw my cans with their 'pants'.... well he decided that I have been cooped up too long this winter!!! And on top of that I had to tell him that "I have no idea what I'm making" So here are my pictures (before my DH has me committed!!!) :eek:laughroll

ctmpphpDo6wcQ.jpg

And BTW I usually don't take pictures of my groceries!:lol :lol

Archived