Spring Time Mystery CAL for Beg. Threadies

heart

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, I'm curious! Would you be so kind as to explain the Yarn Addict Score? Maybe I can start one of those! I need to.

There is a CAL for yarn addicts. It is the opposite of the Stash Busting CAL. We get 2 points for each skein of yarn we buy, and 1 skein for each ball of yarn.

Here is the link to the thread. Come and join us. The more, the merrier :D

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=45787

Psstt... you can tell her any color you want ..she's color blind:P

:lol

I've been calling it teal, but I can't find the wrapper so I'm not sure what the 'official' color name is. It's a sligtly darker color in reality than my blue ipod nano.

Psstt... you can tell her any color you want ..she's color blind:P

:lol:lol too funny!!

Addey, they look great! I love the color! What is it? :heehee

My guess is the color is teal, because that is the color mentioned in her post :D

Pssst! Lea's baaaaaaad!:devil Isn't that mean of her to say that about my disability? :eek I am horrified!

Let's see...lookin' for smilies...definitely NOT happy smilies! :2nono

Oh, well, think I'll go :knit!

My guess is the color is teal, because that is the color mentioned in her post :D

Hehe You're right.. But like I said, I can't find the wraper so I'm not sure if that's the "official" name of the color or not. I like it and am glad I found something to actually use it for.

Hehe You're right.. But like I said, I can't find the wraper so I'm not sure if that's the "official" name of the color or not. I like it and am glad I found something to actually use it for.

What brand of thread is it? I am using Royale and I have a color that looks just like yours, and it is teal.

Don't forget! Save your wrappers and STUFF 'EM IN THE CORE! Then you'll always know the exact color. Take that tip from a color blind woman! PARTIALLY color blind woman! :heehee

What brand of thread is it? I am using Royale and I have a color that looks just like yours, and it is teal.

I believe it is Royale, since that's what JoAnn's carries usually. So, I guess it is actually teal and I wasn't just making it up. :clap

I believe it is Royale, since that's what JoAnn's carries usually. So, I guess it is actually teal and I wasn't just making it up. :clap

I got mine at JoAnn's too! Plus I found some at Michael's.

Don't forget! Save your wrappers and STUFF 'EM IN THE CORE! Then you'll always know the exact color. Take that tip from a color blind woman! PARTIALLY color blind woman! :heehee

That is a great tip. Thank you for posting that.

Ms. Smarty Pants! (Anybody watch Boston Legal?...I know, it's a baaad show but it's so funny!)

[Oh..please come play again with us one needlers ! the CAl is no fun with out you!!!!!! I would never on purpose hurt a hair on your head!!!:hug

:thair :thair :thair :thair :thair :thair :thair :thair :thair:thair

OOOOOOOUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHH!

:hug

I got mine at JoAnn's too! Plus I found some at Michael's.

I've bought thread there too. My JoAnn's has a MUCH bigger selection of yarns and stuff in general (and is right across the street from Michael's) so that's where I usually buy stuff these days.

Did you know JoAnn's has Caron one pounders for $4.00 a skein this week? I have gotten 8 so far, and I'm going back for more tomorrow:)

I wish you hadn't told me that.......... I need to buy some anyhow for my FIL's afghan I'm making him for his birthday in October. I guess I have to decide on colors now....

Oh well... I'm off for the night. gonna work on little bear clothes for my niece for her b-day in April.

Do you keep getting logged off? Here's another tip! Learnt this one from Amy hersef! When you sign in, click "Remember Me". It's not like remember me on other sites. This one just keeps you from having to sign back in again. All's you gotta do is click the refresh button!

I love Caron yarn! Hobby Lobby has thread on sale this week...forget which kind and sizes. But I like the Royale, too.

Where's Brenda aka crochet_n_it? I know she was having some problems earlier with her can pants. Hope she got 'em corrected!

Well, I think I've got it but my beginning of each round looks a little wonky. I'm ending up with the right number of V's and dc's in each round though. Here it is: :yay :yay :cheer

DSC00423.jpg

Question: do you ladies weave in the ends at color changes as you go? I noticed that in crochet, vs knitting, the loose end slips and makes a noticeable gap that I keep tightening.

I have never done a color change in thread, so I'm not sure of the answer to that.

When I change colors while using yarn, I pull the two colors tight, make a half knot, then weave in the ends one way, then the other.

Archived