Spring Time Mystery CAL for Beg. Threadies

heart

LaDonna, that is too funny :rofl:rofl:rofl

I guess it is a good thing that I am the only one home today, except for the cats. They have been watching me closely today...must think that every time I get in the cabinet looking for a can, they are going to get fed. Nothing like having 4 cats at your feet every time you move toward the kitchen :lol

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK... my family thinks I have totally lost it and dh is going for power of attorney...:D

" Christopher...do you have a coke can under your bed by any chance(if you could usually see his room you'd understand this is NOT a long shot)..."

" Nope mom I cleaned my room this morning and dad and I already took the trash to the dump"...h

" hmm.. great...the one day I don't wan the kid to clean his room he does"

So then I proceed to the pantry and try fitting the thing around a speghettio can.... but I wasn't really happy with it until Sarah mentioned the Bush's baked bean tall size can.. it fits perfect and I was doing a little happy dance in the pantry when dh comes in and notices the crochet around the bottom of the can.....

..He walked out and told Christopher I was make "can pants" and he felt maybe they should pay more attention to mama cause SHE"S LOST IT...

..~sigh~can pants....

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

I didn't know a CAL could be soooo therapeutic!!! All of this laughing has to be good therapy!! :lol

Keep smiling girls!!!!!!!! Can you imagine if we were all in the same room acting like this!!!!

In my family we had tons of fun guessing the surprise package and this can be a lot of fun! I'm just wondering if Heart wants to play the guessing game? If so you can set the rules yourself. You've given some clues...do you mind if we guess the mystery based on what you've given us? Your call. :idea Don't worry, I won't be offended.

Crochet n it...Guessing would be great! But lets wait a bit, there may be some who don't want to know untill the end. everyone chime in and let me know...do you want to guess on the thread? or by Pm (ing) me? Or not guess? Wait till after noon tomorrow before posting guesses so everyone has a chance to give their idea about it. I want to be fair to everyone.

I may be persuaded to mail a Crinoline Lady to the person who guesses it right first.....but that may be easier than you think....hhhmmmmm we shall see after we find out what everyone wants to do. I do love riddles and games.....

Nanacarr...It is so fun, and is becoming very theraputic! Thank you for getting the ball rolling! :U

I will try to post tomorrows instructions before I leave for church. If I don't have enough time, then I will post them as soon as I walk in the door. Night everyone! :U

I think they are lovely...Next thing you know we'll see them on Martha.." Can pants...It's a good thing":lol:lol:lol:lol

Yeah and then we will see a new dance craze..the Can Pants Dance! :D...maby on sponge bob! :lol I really need to go to bed, now I'm just loopy!:eek

I have a really dumb question. How do you tell if thread is #3 or 10 or whatever? I am looking at these pics and thinking that the thread looks much thicker than what I am using. I am using just knit-cro-sheen.

I think I am doing something wrong too because my numbers aren't coming out. But it is all even so I guess it is good?

The wrapper should have a size on it. The # 3 is thicker than a # 10. The # 10 is (by the looks) a little thicker than sewing thread. (I know there is a big difference to all the Advanced threaddies..just explaining here) ;) I haven't used knit cro sheen, so I don't know where it says the size on the wrapper. Maby someone else can answer this for us? :)

The pattern is pretty basic so far, and as long as the stitches look like the ones in the photos, you should be ok. Tomorrows instructions get a little mre defined, and actually decrease a bit so that will help with the top of the shape too..hint hint...:devil

Heart I have done my rows for day 2 and it was no problem but I couldnt find a can to fit. I must crochet loosely. I did find a plastic container that did fit but its still a bit loose. Is the plastic pants going to be ok... hehe

Yes Aussie, the "Plastic Pants" will be ok.

Here's todays instructions. I have to get dinner and the kids ready. So I will be back in a while to see how you are coming along.

Day 3

R9 ch1, sc in each dc around. slst to join. equals 60 sc.

R10 ch4, dc in same st. ch2, skip 2 sts, sc in the next st, ch2, skip 2 sts, *"V" in the next st, ch2, skip 2 sts, sc in the next st, ch2, skip 2* around. slst in 3rd ch of the beg. ch4 to join. equals 10 "V" sts, 20 ch2 sps, 10 sc

R11 slst into the next ch1 sp, ch4, dc in same sp, ch3, *"V" in next ch1 sp, ch3* around. slst to join. equals 10 "V" sts, and 10 ch3 sps. It may look a little tight, but try to slip it on the can to check the size. If its to tight, gently pull it open so it fits over the can, it will stretch. It's good as long as the sides are still straight on the can pants!

I realized the other night that my yarn isn't #3 thread...so hopeing I'll be able to get to the store and get some and I'll have to just play catch up Monday afternoon XD

But I'm liking how it is so far XD

I realized the other night that my yarn isn't #3 thread...so hopeing I'll be able to get to the store and get some and I'll have to just play catch up Monday afternoon XD

But I'm liking how it is so far XD

What size thread are you using? I made one with #5 thread and a D hook. You may want to try that if you have that size thread.

Yes Aussie, the "Plastic Pants" will be ok.

Here's todays instructions. I have to get dinner and the kids ready. So I will be back in a while to see how you are coming along.

Day 3

R9 ch1, sc in each sc around. slst to join. equals 60 sc.

R10 ch4, dc in same st. ch2, skip 2 sts, sc in the next st, ch2, skip 2 sts, *"V" in the next st, ch2, skip 2 sts, sc in the next st, ch2, skip 2* around. slst in 3rd ch of the beg. ch4 to join. equals 10 "V" sts, 20 ch2 sps, 10 sc

R11 slst into the next ch1 sp, ch4, dc in same sp, ch3, *"V" in next ch1 sp, ch3* around. slst to join. equals 10 "V" sts, and 10 ch3 sps. It may look a little tight, but try to slip it on the can to check the size. If its to tight, gently pull it open so it fits over the can, it will stretch. It's good as long as the sides are still straight on the can pants!

Just making sure I am not missing something. My R8 is the v-stitches so they are dc's, not sc's. (Your R9 instructions say to sc in each sc around) Was this a typo or am I doing something wrong?

Also, there was nothing on the packaging as to what size the thread was. I am hoping I will be OK. :) When I work in the back loops only it gets REALLY stretchy there. lol

LL

Hi Laura Lee. Thank you for pointing that out, yes it is a typo. row 8 is the last row we did for yesterday, and it reads like this...

R8 slst into next ch1 sp, ch3, dc in same sp, 3dc into the next 5 ch1 sps, 2dc into the next ch1 sp, 3dc into the next 5 ch1 sps, 2dc into the next ch1 sp, 3dc into the next 8 ch1 sps. slst to join. equals 60 dc.

(It isn't the V st row...it was a dc row, and it decreased by 3 dc)

I'll fix the typo in row 9. It should say,

I am also going to fix the first post with the instructions to show the full instructions, not just the links. I'll have that done in just a few minutes.

Hi Laura Lee. Thank you for pointing that out, yes it is a typo. row 8 is the last row we did for yesterday, and it reads like this...

R8 slst into next ch1 sp, ch3, dc in same sp, 3dc into the next 5 ch1 sps, 2dc into the next ch1 sp, 3dc into the next 5 ch1 sps, 2dc into the next ch1 sp, 3dc into the next 8 ch1 sps. slst to join. equals 60 dc.

(It isn't the V st row...it was a dc row, and it decreased by 3 dc)

I'll fix the typo in row 9. It should say,

I am also going to fix the first post with the instructions to show the full instructions, not just the links. I'll have that done in just a few minutes.

Oops yes, it was all dc's. I only glanced at it. Thanks for the clarification.

After completing Row 11, It will seem to pull in a little bit, this just helps later on to keep a straight shape. It will have more stability when it is starched. You can gently pull the top to stretch it into the perfect round shape, but I would hold off on that impulse till it is starched. It will be wet and much easier to "shape" and dry into form. It may look a little mis-shapen right now, b/c it is tall, and the sides curve out under the weight, but it will come together when it is starched.

***In the pattern, I just changed colors for the "edgings" but if you want to add a little more detail than just the edgings..do Row 10 and 11 in your contrasting color.***

Tomorrow, we will have 4 rows of instructions.

I am thinking of combining the last 2 days into 1 day, it is where all the "fun" begins. Let me know your thoughts on this. :U

I like the 'mystery' of not knowing. I continually guess every day and wonder if any of my guesses will turn out to be right. Everyone in my family was contributing their guesses on the last one. My youngest son was sure that it was going to be a bikini top!!!:lol :lol The 'mystery' keeps me more interested and inspired to see if I can do the pattern without seeing a pic or knowing what in the heck I am making. It has given me confidence to try harder patterns!! But... I will go along with what the majority wants. I'm easy!!!!!!!! ;)

It's looking like we won't guess. We will keep the Mystery of it. I'll check back again later on. I need to get ready for church tonight. :U

Nanacarr...I'm glad this is building your confidence. :U That's what it is supposed to do! Sucessful, easy, and lots of fun! :D

Archived