Spring Time Mystery CAL for Beg. Threadies

heart

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I couldn't pick just 2 colors, so I bought the following colors: warm rose, teal, plum, maize, tangerine and black. I bought the black just to have it on hand since it is hard to find. I couldn't find any white at all. I went to 2 Michael's and Hobby Lobby. Seems like everyone is using white right now. I also couldn't find any green, but I won't stop looking for the white and green.

I am using the warm rose as the main color but haven't decided on the accent color yet :think. They all look so good together.

Ok I have done the 4 rows and they were quite easy. Thanks Heart for the easy instructions.

Im actually really liking the size E hook with the number 5 thread, might try another crinoline lady with this hook and thread.

Finally made it home after a day at the Mall with my daughter and granddaughter. The day was great.... but I kept thinking about this CAL and couldn't wait to get started!! I loved the first one soooo much:manyheart I can't figure out what this surprise element is going to be. You are so good at keeping a secret! Thanks, again, for doing this CAL. You are an :angel !

I've got the first 4 rounds down in maize. I'm gonna start another one 'cause I couldn't decide on my colors so I bought 4!! :yay

I'm so glad you ll are having fun. All these colors every one is getting! I really have to go shopping...:) The first day has gone great!

Glad you are joining in Deb! :)

Aussie, I would love to see another Crinoline lady. I will also have to try the size 5 sometime.

Nanacarr. :D I think it is great that you are doing 2. YAY! I love looking at photos and can't wait to see yours. I think I'm addicted to crochet photos! lol..is that possible? :D

Okay, with a 2.35mm & size #3 thread I'm getting 6 DC's to 1" and 3 rows to an inch exactly. Does this mean that I need to go to an even smaller hook to squeeze 1 more DC in the inch? But if I do, then I'm going to get even more rows than I already am. Help :think Brenda

I haven't seen any pictures yet. So I need to see if I've done these right. Here are the 2 I have started, along with the colors I'm going to be using with them:

ctmpphp3YNt70.jpg

Closer View:

ctmpphpxQwZqL.jpg

Okay, with a 2.35mm & size #3 thread I'm getting 6 DC's to 1" and 3 rows to an inch exactly. Does this mean that I need to go to an even smaller hook to squeeze 1 more DC in the inch? But if I do, then I'm going to get even more rows than I already am. Help :think Brenda

It will work just fine. You are good to go! :cheer Glad to have you join in the fun.:manyheart

I haven't seen any pictures yet. So I need to see if I've done these right. Here are the 2 I have started, along with the colors I'm going to be using with them:

ctmpphp3YNt70.jpg

Closer View:

ctmpphpxQwZqL.jpg

Yep! That's it! :D btw..Those colors are perfect!!!

Thank you, Heart! I'm glad to know that my colors will work. I thought I'd help you get your "fix" by posting some pics for you. I know how those photo addictions can be!!:lol :lol

I love those smilies, too! :manyheart

Just wondering when we will be using the 'surprise element'???? And did I see that this would take 6 days? I'm telling you, I love these CAL's!!!!!!!!!!! :yay

Those look great nanacarr I like the colors too. I'm doing a warm rose and maybe my left over warm teal from the last mystery CAL I don't know how it will look but that's the only colors I have.

I've finished the 1st days surprise after frogging several times (newbie thread crocheter :) ). But mine is a little wavy. It doesn't lay flat. My gauge was at little loose though. If it's wavy does that mean that I'm crocheting too tight, or is that normal at this point (considering that it's not blocked yet)? Brenda

Archived