Spring Time Mystery CAL for Beg. Threadies

heart

Hi girls. Fun thread! I would like to play along, too! I'm doing mine in yellow #10 thread with a strand of orange rayon sewing thread. Looks kinda cool. I'll post a pic tomorrow when I can get a decent pic with some daylight.

This is neat!!!!

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi girls. Fun thread! I would like to play along, too! I'm doing mine in yellow #10 thread with a strand of orange rayon sewing thread. Looks kinda cool. I'll post a pic tomorrow when I can get a decent pic with some daylight.

This is neat!!!!

That sounds pretty! Will be looking for pics tomorrow!

I started over with the bridal white and it seems a thicker #3 than the white #3! However, I did a smaller starting chain and fewer doubles, staying divisible by 3. Will see how it comes out! Hopefully it will fit a soda can! It is smaller than my 1st one so far and I'm on row 4...still on Day !! :eek I'll never catch up unless I stay feeling well! Never know from day to day!

I thought I'd pm Sarah about small, medium and large can/plastic pants sizes in the instructions! :rofl

I couldn't get it to work with #10 thread and the only #5 I had were little balls of DMC pearle cotton, none of them the same color! I have a beautiful pink, yellow and blue but they're only 48m and 10g each. I have no idea how many yds that is.

:hug:manyheart

WISH YOU WERE CLOSER, SUZY!

Can't wait to see what we come up with tomorrow. Gotta call it a night. I have to work tomorrow. It's been a barrel of laughs, again. :lol I hate for this CAL to end!!!! Have a good evening! :manyheart:night:sleep

You have a good evening, too, LaDonna! Looks like I'm here all alone playing by myself!

Good night! Sweet Dreams and have a great day tomorrow!

Yay!!! I'm so glad you all are having fun! This is the funniest CAL ever! :D:D:D

Jeannie, I'm glad you are feeling better today! :U PM away...I'll be on for a bit.

Sewnsew...Yay!!!

I love the suspenders idea too, The people from the ville will have the best dressed cans around! :D Watch and see if something like this doesn't end up on tv or something like Lea said before.

All the photos are really neat to look at too. You know I'm an addict there! ;)

I was going to finish today's rows on all of mine, but I only got one done. My allergies have kicked in something awful today, and my eyes are kinda swollen, so it is extremely hard to see the thread. Hopefully they will be better tomorrow and I can get caught up.

Hi Wendy! Trying to rewrite the instructions for a small, medium and large! :rofl ! Sarah's original instructions for the large! :heehee

I'm only up to round 8 starting over with bridal white #3 and a D hook but only chaining 7 and having 15 dc in round 1.

How's yours going?

Welcome, Suzy! I could have sworn you were already in this CAL. Must be going "loopy" and mixed it up with the crinoline dolls.

Please, by all means, play along! Glad you're here!

Was it hot in Detroit Metro today? Too hot for me here! I don't like it warm when it's humid!

:hug:manyheart:hug

Jeannie is working on fixing the pattern for different sizes for us. So when we finish up, (as she gets the rest of the pattern :D We will be able to post the revised edition, with all 3 sizes listed!

YAY! :ty:woo Thank you Jeannie! Soon, we will be able to have a whole assortment of can pants! :rofl:dance:rofl:laughroll:sofunny:neener

Me, too, Mel! Sending pleasant thoughts and prayers your way that your allergies will all clear up and you'll feel like new in the morning.

:hug :hug :hug

:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

Sarah, the medium size will need to be tested. So far the small size seems to be working for me, ole loosey goosey crocheter! :lol

Sarah, for the small size, after the last sc, I have to ch2 to complete the repeat *...*. Don't you have to do that, too, in the original instructions?

hi Jeannie, hope your having fun with redoing the instructions for all the different sizes. Your pretty clever to do that.

Im using a 3.5mm hook and size 5 thread and its pretty loose but hopefully it will work out.

Sarah, I was looking back through the posts and thought you had said something about doing more with the round where we worked in BLO the 2nd time...round 5??

Did you? Or did I dream it? :dreaming :confused:loco

:manyheart:hug

LaDonna was concerned about her cans being topless, leave it to me to post my pic with the can upside down...

Doing the "Can Can"!

Bottoms Up!

Look again, if you dare! :lol

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showpost.php?p=700629&postcount=131

:dance :dance :rofl :rofl :rofl:dance :dance

Are your cans getting ready for "Dancing with the Stars!"?

What a great way to start my day!! Thanks for all the laughs!!! :lol :lol

Well... I'm finally getting around to trying day 3 (I had company over all day yesterday...) Somewhere along the line I messed up, because I can't get row 9 to come out right, I keep getting 11 Vs. I guess I need to frog back to the original Vs and try again. I don't have time before work, so I guess I'll try again this evening when I get home. So far this has been fun... :)

And I :manyheart the canpants. :lol didn't even try and explain it to DH.

Jeannie, Yes we do have something in store for the extra loops! :D and you do complete the pattern so do the ch2...(I'm to sleepy to explain right now, the boys have been a little sick, I think it is just allergies combined with the weather flip flopping so much from cold to warm...:(

Donna, I love the icing! and the one you switched on the last 2 rows is great!! I was hoping someone would do that. Now for today, switch back to the mail color, and that added collor will really pop!

Addey, Try counting the rows before you frog it and compare your totals to the instructions. Row * decreased by 3 sts. It went from having a 63 st to having a 60 st count. So see if your row 8 has 60 sts or not. That may be why you have the extra V st in there. Post back so we can help get it figured out for you. I'm glad you are having fun.

Archived