24 Point Hot Pink/Black Round Ripple w/ links to pattern

RoseRed

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a very awesome ghan. I just love the colors....I keep thinking of "Barbie" when I look at it. I love Barbie!!!! You did such a wonderful job.:cheer:cheer:cheer

OH MY GOSH! The way you used the black and the pink - you may have started a whole new round ripple phase! Somewhere out there in crochet land, someone is figuring out different patterns using the colors. Too cool!

Since someone bumped this post back up this is the first time seeing your afghan.

So cool!

I really hadn't thought of playing with the colors and patterns in this way in a ripple afghan. Definatly giving me some ideas for the future. :)

Check out the 1st post for how I made it.

Black's not nearly as hard to work with as people think. As long as your lighting is good - you're good.

The black/white giant rect. granny ghan I made for my honey I made mostly in the dark but I don't have to look at granny's to make them. i completely freaked my mom out - she said I looked just like my grandmother.

Love the afghan. I would like to try it for my sons girlfriend. She loves pink and black together. Have never done a round ripple before. Where did you get the pattern? Also, what does RHSS mean? Sorry, but I just couldn't figure it out. Thanks for any help you can give.

Donna

Actually, Caron makes Simply Soft. It's Red Heart Super Saver.

Either way - it's just plain old 4 ply WW acrylic yarn. Simply Soft is closer to sport weight (it's thinner)

check out the Round Ripple Cal. I used the Sew on Fire pattern with Chrome Kitties Correction for round 3

finished mine a while ago and gave it to the little girl. her and her foster mom loved it. never posted a finished pic though so here it is:

th_Picture648.jpg

th_Picture649.jpg

All clickable

I chose the pink and purple because i made it for a 3 y/o and thought that was a better choice for her age.

Sue - THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!

I think you're right about the colors, too! (And purple's my fav!)

You need to post that on your own show and tell thread so everyone will get to see it!!!!!

I LOVE that we can share the craft we love!

Archived