SnB:HH Fat Bottom Bag CAL

yarndiva

Everyone's bags look BEAUTIFUL! :cheer

My book comes in Wednesday, so until then, I'll just have to drool and be jealous!

Got some yarn this weekend, but I couldn't find the handles I wanted at Hobby Lobby. Has anyone ever used a metal CHAIN on this bag for handles, or do they need to be the rigid kind? :think

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everybody!

I finally finished my FBB! The picture is in my blog. I made it with red heart artist print double stranded with a k hook and 7" handles. I wanted it to be big and sturdy, but was too lazy to line it. I will line the next one that I am making from simply soft, I promise. Hope you all like it! :yay

I never officially joined this CAL but after three completed bag I think I should have. I have a question for everyone.....did you line your bag???? If so how did you do it. I have tried three times and it just isn't working. Any suggestions???

Thank you in advance.

th_mar2011.jpg

Here's my bag:clap it's done in Red Heart Cherry Chip :yay

-----------

Hi Barb, cute bag! It's very cheery for spring, too. I have some yarn to make one of these, and plan to start it soon. I have a conference this weekend I'll be attending, but I'm on vacation all next week for Spring Break (and after the way this year has started, I really need a spring break!), so I'm planning to get lots of rest and do lots of reading, and lots of crochet, sitting outside enjoying the beautiful springtime weather we're having.

I never officially joined this CAL but after three completed bag I think I should have. I have a question for everyone.....did you line your bag???? If so how did you do it. I have tried three times and it just isn't working. Any suggestions???

Thank you in advance.

In post #105, yarndiva gave a link for a site with instructions complete with pictures. I had never lined a bag before and this really helped me to have a visual along with the instructions! Hang in there!

i made this bag back when the cal began (but i still wasn't a member of the ville) but i do not have a digital camera....so i don't have any pictues of it....but it was made in caron simplysoft country blue. it was lined in a bright sky blue that had some sparkle to it and i put a water lily on it. it was gifted to my Godmother's daughter (who also happens to be a good friend of mine)

:manyhearthooray for the FBB!

I'M DONE!!!

All I have to do is the lining and a flower for the outside...but for now I have to goto work for the rest of the day :(

Here is the bag so far!!! :hook

:yes

Jessica,

I love the bag you did. The colors are great!

Elizabeth and Maryann

Your bags are both pretty. I like the look of the beads on yours Elizabeth.

Maryann , that is a cool idea, using your old PJ bottoms. They look great lining you new FBB.

I would like to be a part of this. I have never posted a picture before and I do not know what CAL FBB means, and where is the FBB Gallery on this site. Do I post my pictre on the FBB Gallery? I am really excited.

I would like to be a part of this. I have never posted a picture before and I do not know what CAL FBB means, and where is the FBB Gallery on this site. Do I post my pictre on the FBB Gallery? I am really excited.

C rochet A Long F at B ottom B ag and there isn't a gallery you just post your pictures to this thread or in Show and Tell

Everyone here is doing a CROCHET ALONG for the Fat Bottom Bag pattern found in the Happy Hooker SNB Crochet Book...

I am thinking I want to change the handles on this purse to something bigger and/or maybe a strap. I have always carried a purse with a strap and don't like handles. I have been trying to figure out what I want to do with this to give it a style that is more like what I am used to. Otherwise I will not use it. Any suggestions?

I am thinking I want to change the handles on this purse to something bigger and/or maybe a strap. I have always carried a purse with a strap and don't like handles. I have been trying to figure out what I want to do with this to give it a style that is more like what I am used to. Otherwise I will not use it. Any suggestions?

I think I would try addind those metal D'rings from the sewing dept to the outside edges with a strap clipped or sewn on(crochet or leather/fabric) and put a closing flap to the center top of the purse opening? Does that make sense? Do you have a purse that has a strap you can unattach and reuse on this one? You can also buy straps in the purse decorating isle at Micheal's crafts, I don't know who else has them. Good luck!

I totally want to join in on this because i just bought the stitch n bitch book at barnes and noble the other day and totally fell in love with it. i started that easy scarf yesterday and am almost done with it. i'll have to go buy some more yarn for the bag and then i am in! yay!

Welcome to the addiction Nichole! :hi

I'm glad you can join and if you get stuck, someone here's bound to answer your question if I don't get to you first! :lol

I finally got my book in! Yay! What a great book, I can see several patterns I am going to enjoy making, but first for my FBB....

But I've already run into an oopsie. I am TERRIBLE at counting and keep getting "off" on my stitches. I did the first 14 rows just fine, but when it comes to rows 15 through 38 (with straight hdcs and no incs or decs), I keep losing count of which row I'm on.

Someone tell me, does it really matter if I lose count on this part, or is it essential that I do this exact number of rows? As long as the decreases at the end line up with the increases at the beginning, it it ok, or does the exact number of rows in the middle matter? Will I have to frog the whole thing if I'm off by a row (or two)? I guess I need to grab a handful of bobby pins and use them as row counters or something and back up. Help!

Mommy: It really does not matter if your stitch/row count is off. This is what I do: 15 inc. rows, 20 straight rows, 15 dec rows. If I want a bigger/smaller bag I just add/subtract the rows. As long as the main body is (straight rows) is at least 20 rows or more, you are in good shape.

Clear as mud??

You just won't believe it ! I have been in the hospital for three days! All my tests and symptoms ( and there were many and more to come) say that I had STROKE:eek at 49 years old. My typing is just a little slower than I like but, I'M BACK! Please keep me in your prayers and thoughts!:hug

You just won't believe it ! I have been in the hospital for three days! All my tests and symptoms ( and there were many and more to come) say that I had STROKE:eek at 49 years old. My typing is just a little slower than I like but, I'M BACK! Please keep me in your prayers and thoughts!:hug

Oh My Goodness Hope everything is ok Froggy and that your feeling better:hug :hug :hug

Oh My Goodness Hope everything is ok Froggy and that your feeling better:hug :hug :hug

Thank you so much for your kind words. Of course I am gonna have to work on my crochet skills a little. I can't wait till I can go get some new yarn and crochet till my hearts content. My typing is very slow too.

hey guys... all these bags are SOOO CUUUTE!!! i've had this book for like 6 months now but i've still yet to make this bag, only because of the handles. i was wondering if anybody knew of a way to put different handles on it, maybe like totebag handles or something? this bag would be PERFECT for spring and i'd love to make it!! i have some yarn just screaming for it!

Archived