SnB:HH Fat Bottom Bag CAL

yarndiva

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very nice! Great work! It looks very similar to the one in the picture in the book!

I loved that bag...usually I don't like the colors displayed in the demo photos, but I just HAD to have a green-with-orange-daisy bag. Though it really doesn't go with anything I own...hence the need for a more neutral color.

I wished I would have posted these pictures a little sooner and found out you LOVED the bright colored one! LOL Maybe we will swap again someday!:lol I think you will like the purse that I sent also, at least I hope so! :xfin

I can't wait too see what you made for the swap, your purses are beautiful:yay

Thanks for the button Carol and you are very welcome to join this CAL!!

We can make these over the weekend the pattern is soo easy. I think on the average the ladies in this CAL will at least make 3 or more bags before they move on to other things (if they even want to move on to other things :lol)

Froggy

What type of yarn did you use?? is it acrylic 4-ply?? or cotton 4-ply??

I have both types, the only type I found out that didn't work, is the thick peaches & cream double worsted weight cotton yarn

your bags are so pretty, I like all of them:yay :hug:cheer

Hi Carol, All of my bags have been done in 4 ply worsted weight Red Heart yarn.:)

Im on row 27 already :hook but question I have for you ladies who have already done one of these is when do you do the lining...After its together or before the handles, etc...?:think

If you do the lining before you do the handles it is MUCH easier. Check out the tutorial:) Look toward the bottom of this blog

Straight from the Life & Stash of Kel: October 2006

Hey, that's my purse in the button for this crochet along....... next time if you want use some ones picture they have posted please just ask first.

I'm in. I have really wanted to make one of these since I tried & frogged the first one. I have to get one done quickly too if I can. My friends birthday is the 9th...but even if her gift is a lil late I still wanna do it! Lined & all! Will go thru the blizzard to get yarn after work this am after I get my girlfriends truck!!

I would have used my own bag, but I don't have one made yet, besides that I can't use the button anyway, my template isn't set up for it.

don't worry, I've already deleted it from my pictures, I just did that for you girls, I thought that your bag is so pretty:yay

If you want me to delete the button picture, I will............

No , don't delete the button picture but, next time please ask first.

Good Morning,

Would anybody mind please sharing how they chose their lining fabric and why? I have made several purses and totes, but they have all been felted with no lining, or thick cotton that didn't need one. I would like to make this one with double stranded Simply soft to make it a little bigger, but I plan on using a hook size to make it tight.

Has anybody put pockets in their lining for their phones and stuff? I am trying to visualize this with the shape, I don't want my phone and stuff like that to make it look lumpy. My cell is small, maybe make a matching little cozy and hang it from the outside on the handle? :think

Anybody have any thoughts?

Yeah!!!:yay Amazon just emailed me to let me know my books are on their way here. I can't wait for them to arrive I odered an extra book while I was there, and got the free shipping. I am also getting the 200 ripple stitches book. But that one will have to wait. I want to make one of these bags. I picked p 3 different colors at Hobby Lobby. I got black,Turqua and Spring Green. I think I will make one in each color. :) Nw I just need to find some purse handles. Has anyone made this bag with the D-rings??

Melissa: My first bag was made with D rings and it turned out great!

FBB CALers: I have sent PM's to Pam and natcat and have considered this button issue resolved, my apologies for not looking over this with a fine toothed comb.

You have my permission to use my bag pics for the CAL button although it's not as nice as the others' :P

BTW, my all fave button (from other swaps and CALs) is the Secret Pal button with Nicole Kidman as a Stepford wife. :shh

Helen: I am a cotton junkie and therefore use cotton fabrics for my lining...as for pockets, the bag is soo bulky and there really isn't a straight side and you are welcome to experiment but as for me I'm too chicken to try to sew pockets on :cluck

My book is on order and should be here next week.... everyone has already gotten started and I feel behind!

I am seriously considering experimenting by making this thing in thread to see how it turns out.... I will look at the pattern when my book comes in and then make a decision!

My book is on order and should be here next week.... everyone has already gotten started and I feel behind!

I am seriously considering experimenting by making this thing in thread to see how it turns out.... I will look at the pattern when my book comes in and then make a decision!

Don't feel like you are behind....because you will make more than one just like most of us so you will be caught up to someone.:)

!

I haven't started yet!! And I have the book already!!!

It's killing me not starting, though....I'm sitting here at my internship (obviously being very productive) and all I can think about is what color I will do first!!!

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SPRING BREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jessica: You will make at least 2 bags during spring break :lol

Maybe you could make a bag and a bikini/tankini to match? :devil

Haha wouldn't that be nice?? Unfortunately for me I am also moving over the break. And working!! And finishing up(or in some cases, starting) school projects......oh gosh.

I WILL FIND TIME FOR CROCHET!! :hook I have to finish 2 baby blankets for my sister over the break for sure, as her shower is on the 24th. Oh! And her birthday is the 31st. I will make a FBB for her!! :cheer

Archived