SnB:HH Fat Bottom Bag CAL

yarndiva

Yeah!!! I made it past the increasing rows. I am using the color Turqua for this one. I am going to try a black or dark blue material to line it with, and I think I will crochet a black rose for it. :)

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finally got the book today from the library! I still don't know what I am gonna do about a different strap. I am gonna be out of town tomorrow so I will be working on it while traveling. I will check in when I get back home.

Got the book last night at Barnes and Noble. Yeah, I know full price, but when you want it quickly. Plus I took DD along with me, and she wanted a couple of magazines...so the book which retails for $15.99...well I spent $33 at B&N.:think

I bought mine at barnes and noble and i paid 15.99 plus tax. that's horrible!

I started on this bag last night, and got through 27 rows. I would have gone quicker if I'd done just regular HDC, but I do like the texture of the HHDC. I'm making this in Peaches n Cream, in a color called Peacock (although it's more of a dark turquoise blue, not really a bright color).

I started on this bag last night, and got through 27 rows. I would have gone quicker if I'd done just regular HDC, but I do like the texture of the HHDC. I'm making this in Peaches n Cream, in a color called Peacock (although it's more of a dark turquoise blue, not really a bright color).

I am using the hhdc also... I may try regular hdc on the next one. :) I just need to get some more purse handles. Hobby Lobby has been out of them for awhile now.

You just won't believe it ! I have been in the hospital for three days! All my tests and symptoms ( and there were many and more to come) say that I had STROKE:eek at 49 years old. My typing is just a little slower than I like but, I'M BACK! Please keep me in your prayers and thoughts!:hug

I do hope that you feel better. that is a horrible thing to happen to someone. you have so much more life to live! dont let that slow you down!

so i finished the one skein scarf in the snb book and yesterday i bought the yarn. it's perfect. it's rose lion brand wool. oh, so pretty. and i found the perfect flower to go on it. i just have to buy the flower and the handles (of which i could not find, but will search for). i'll probably start it tomorrow. or tonight when i get off work. i'm so excited. i want to start now, but have to wait!

You just won't believe it ! I have been in the hospital for three days! All my tests and symptoms ( and there were many and more to come) say that I had STROKE:eek at 49 years old. My typing is just a little slower than I like but, I'M BACK! Please keep me in your prayers and thoughts!:hug

Pam, I am so sorry to hear you've been sick:( . I will pray that you are back to full strength soon and that the doctors stay on top of your treatment. Hang in there.

For anyone searching for handles, they have them at Joann's for 1/2 price until the 10th...that is where I finally found some. Also I saw that Hobby Lobby set up a purse area that has handles and fringes, etc. I was looking for something else when I found it...and was surprised that in our store this was over by the flip-flops. I wouldn't have looked there initially.:think

Can't wait to see all the bags that are in the works! Sounds like the fat bottom bag addiction is running rampant!:yay

I finished a fuschia bag, but can't decide on what to embellish it with. Also have the body done on a red, white and blue bag and just need do the lining and handles.

Ok, I am working on a "practice" bag because I am a visual person and just wanted to see how this whole thing comes together before I use nicer yarn to make a final version. I finished my first handle last night and I came across a problem:

Where I gather up the side of the bag and do the decreases in the end row stitches to make the handle stitches, there are little puckers at every gather that stick out like yarn pimples below the handle stitches. I am looking at the pictures of everyones' bags, and while they look gathered, I don't see any of this puckering in anyone else's bag.

Any ideas of what may be causing this? Maybe I did my decrease stitches in the end rows in the wrong places? I had a little trouble figuring out exactly where to go in on the decreasing stitches (since there's no clear-cut, neat ending "chain"), so I just kind of winged it. I am just trying to make sure I'm doing this right. Clear as mud, huh?

Well I have been reading this thread since the beginning and feeling quite sorry for myself because I didn't have the book and it would take weeks to get it through interlibrary loan. And I just couldn't justify buying it for the one pattern although I am sure there are lots of other things I will want to make from it. Then *Bang* I remembered. I have a Barnes and Noble giftcard with some $ left on it! In fact I ended up only having to pay $1.94 out of pocket. Woooohooooo! Soon I will be making my own FBB!! Stay tuned.

BTW, I am loving the photo's of everyone's finished products and especially appreciate the lining tutorial. That should be extremely helpful as sewing is not my strong point!

okay, I bought the yarn for this.. used it for something else. Bought more yarn for this.. started the thing twice but got confused with the directions, ripped it, & I have the yarn now sitting on my shelf. If my husband will let me I'm gonna go my more yarn in a color I like better (because Fred Meyers got some new stuff in). So, even though I don't like coming in when a thrad is near 20 pages, I'm in.

I really like all the ones I've seen here so far.

Well I have been reading this thread since the beginning and feeling quite sorry for myself because I didn't have the book and it would take weeks to get it through interlibrary loan. And I just couldn't justify buying it for the one pattern although I am sure there are lots of other things I will want to make from it. Then *Bang* I remembered. I have a Barnes and Noble giftcard with some $ left on it! In fact I ended up only having to pay $1.94 out of pocket. Woooohooooo! Soon I will be making my own FBB!! Stay tuned.

BTW, I am loving the photo's of everyone's finished products and especially appreciate the lining tutorial. That should be extremely helpful as sewing is not my strong point!

I am excited for you...I remember checking the mail constantly until my book finally came!! The FBB is the reason I bought this book and it has definitely been worth it because there are so many cute projects in addition to the bag. Keep us posted on your progress and have fun! I am taking a break to work on an emergency comfortghan with my homeschool group, but I will keep checking in to see everyone's updates!

***, i bought mine at barnes and noble and i paid 15.99 plus tax. that's horrible!

Same here, but remember I had DD with me. She wanted the latest Vogue magazine, plus she wanted some other book.

Moral is...when you go shopping, always go alone.:lol

th_DSCN0188.jpg

I really shouldn't butt in because that book is not available here and I have never seen the pattern, but I liked the look of the bag so much that I made this after reading about it on the Net so this is my version of the FBB.

th_DSCN0188.jpg

I really shouldn't butt in because that book is not available here and I have never seen the pattern, but I liked the look of the bag so much that I made this after reading about it on the Net so this is my version of the FBB.

Your bag is very pretty! I love the colors.

th_DSCN0188.jpg

You did your purse without the book, WOW very nice. I love the colors!

Alright, folks! I knew there had to be a CAL for this....:D . I just started a FBB last night, but here comes my confession...I can't sew!:eek I'm terrified of lining this puppy. So, when it comes time to do so, could someone hold my hand and teach me? I would be forever greatful.:hug:manyheart

Alright, folks! I knew there had to be a CAL for this....:D . I just started a FBB last night, but here comes my confession...I can't sew!:eek I'm terrified of lining this puppy. So, when it comes time to do so, could someone hold my hand and teach me? I would be forever greatful.:hug:manyheart

Check out post #1 there is a lining tutorial and it does making the lining a lot easier!:hug

Archived