SnB:HH Fat Bottom Bag CAL

yarndiva

Oh I LOVE it!! Great job.

I've made several of these and they are so easy. Can I ask how you made a bigger one? Did you use a double strand or make the starting chain longer?

All I've ever used is Caron one pounds and a bigger hook. And I follow the pattern.

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I myself prefer crocheted handles. I like making them so I can use them on my shoulder but I make them short enough to be able to just carry it too. I make mine using the "I Cord" I think that is what it is called. Sort of a tubular cord. I make them a little shorter because of stretching. Next time I make one tho I will also use a 10 or 3 thread along with it to help keep it from stretching as much.

I'm hoping to find some I cord...I'd like to use it for the same reason, to prevent the stretching.

• 1 month later...

I am still working on mine...using 2 strands of sport-weight and a slightly larger hook. It is coming along nicely, I will post a pic when I am done. :clap

• 4 weeks later...

ok, i've never done anything more adventurous than a round ripple. this bag souns so cool. is it hard? i'd love to try. please share your thots, & advise for a 1st timer. i'd like to hear from you b4 going to the expense of buying the book. thanks in advance!

ok, i've never done anything more adventurous than a round ripple. this bag souns so cool. is it hard? i'd love to try. please share your thots, & advise for a 1st timer. i'd like to hear from you b4 going to the expense of buying the book. thanks in advance!

Nope, not hard at all. In fact, it's super easy. This blog provides instructions for lining the bag.

• 3 months later...

OK, I've bought Peaches & Cream Double WW to try my hand at this bag. I got as far as where you have to add stitch markers. I don't have any, & not sure how to use them. Will pick it back up when I get the stitch markers. Have to move at the end of August; don't want to get into anything that will side track me from packing (yuck). I hope the Dbl WW works out well, I bought 3 diff cones, hoping to make 3 Christmas presents.

OK, I've bought Peaches & Cream Double WW to try my hand at this bag. I got as far as where you have to add stitch markers. I don't have any, & not sure how to use them. Will pick it back up when I get the stitch markers. Have to move at the end of August; don't want to get into anything that will side track me from packing (yuck). I hope the Dbl WW works out well, I bought 3 diff cones, hoping to make 3 Christmas presents.

You can also use spare scraps of yarn or safety pins.

Archived