yarndiva

SnB:HH Fat Bottom Bag CAL

Arg... one more question... Since I am doing a different stitch from the book I want to be sure that I have the correct basics down... How many stitches should you have on each side of the increases? An equal amount?

Thanks..

okay, i've got my yarn, my handles, and my lining, so i'm starting my FBB tonight. one question though. i'm using that double-worsted (chunky weight) cotton yarn from peaches n cream. i was wondering if anybody blocked their bag, and if so how?? or is it even really necessary?

i hope i can get it done quick, i want to show it off to my aunt who also crochets on thursday or sunday. =)

on page 7 0f this CAL is a link to a good lining tut. thats what i used, and it worked out awesome!

I just started on my FB bag (and first bag to ever crochet) and am stumped. I'm following the pattern and am on rows 4-14. Will the row increase by 2 st each new row? I hate to get to row 14 and have my stitches me off. Thanks in advance!

Tonya:think

I still can't figure out if I am suppose to skip the first st in each row; how can I work in the turning chain? arg!! and how many sitiches should I have on each side of the increase?

Hi Everyone,

More questions...I am currently on row 3. (I've pulled the yarn out a few times trying to figure this out.) I have 23 rows. Which the book says I should have. However, on one side of an inc I have 9 sts. On the side of the other inc, I have 11 sts. Is it possible I'm just couting from the wrong spot since I have the correct number of sts?

Thanks in advance!

Tonya:think

I just double checked and I have 7 sts on the side of one inc and 9 sts on the other side. What am I doing???

Tonya

is it too late to join? i am finally getting around to making this and i cant wait!

i'm on row 16!!!! i really like how it's coming out with that HHDC - it's funny because i'm having no problem with the stitch because when i first started crocheting, i thought that's how you did a double crochet LOL, i made a whole granny square blanket wrong LOL. i'm using double worsted weight peaches n cream cotton yarn in cream and it's sooo cute. i just need to find some cute lining fabric and i'm not sure what i should use to embellish the outside.

More questions...I am currently on row 3. (I've pulled the yarn out a few times trying to figure this out.) I have 23 rows. Which the book says I should have. However, on one side of an inc I have 9 sts. On the side of the other inc, I have 11 sts. Is it possible I'm just couting from the wrong spot since I have the correct number of sts?

Are you skipping the first stitch of each row and then making an additional stitch in the turning chain at the end? You'll do that every row.

Uh-oh, I just joined yesterday and I already have a question! I think I remember reading this here, a while back, but I cant seem to find it right now: this pattern is really great; quick and easy, BUT Im horrible at counting my rows in the middle! I think I have 32 at this point...??? Is the number in the middle really that crucial? Could I just have, say an even number of rows, or odd number of rows? Does that even matter? I love how quick this works up...almost done from just 1.5 episodes of Law and Order last night, but I lost count :( Help?

i put a marker every ten rows one one end.....that was the only way i could keep track. i have only made one, so i cant tell you if it matters or not, but i wish you luck! :)

Woo Hoo! I just won my book on Ebay! Hardcover and total price including "expedited shipping" $14.44

Can you tell I am a little excited?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Tina

I finally got the guts to attempt this pattern and now Im hooked!! I have already started another giant one and I got the yarn out of the attic to attempt a felted version!! This one is made from bulky weight cotton from my HGE partner (incedentally, it was Beth...Yarndiva!!) The lining is purple and flowery...I was really excited about the snap, too, as it is my first addition of a magnetic clasp...yay! I love this pattern and thanks for having a CAL to get me motivated!!

fbb.jpg

fbbsna.jpg

fbblining.jpg

I finally got the guts to attempt this pattern and now Im hooked!! I have already started another giant one and I got the yarn out of the attic to attempt a felted version!! This one is made from bulky weight cotton from my HGE partner (incedentally, it was Beth...Yarndiva!!) The lining is purple and flowery...I was really excited about the snap, too, as it is my first addition of a magnetic clasp...yay! I love this pattern and thanks for having a CAL to get me motivated!!

fbb.jpg

Love the bag! You did a great job.

Personally I've got two more fbb's in the works. One was just lined yesterday, I just need to do the handles yet. Pics coming eventually :)

Love all the fbb's

I did one in Sinfonia thread, thinking it would be more spring like. I like it but it is small.

Don't want to go up a hook size since it will be too loose.

Has anyone increased the size of the bag by increasing number of stitches and or length of the middle piece?

Don't want to go up a hook size since it will be too loose.

Has anyone increased the size of the bag by increasing number of stitches and or length of the middle piece?

I'm trying it now. I increased the number of stitches between increases by two, and I'm going to increase the number of rows by about ten. I want a big bag to carry my yarn.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

Are you skipping the first stitch of each row and then making an additional stitch in the turning chain at the end? You'll do that every row.

I can't thank you enough for your continous help!!:yes I am in row 17 and everything is going according to plan!! :cheer

Just a question to you fat bottom baggers out there, lol Have you tried different stitches with this? and if so when do you have to start alterating the pattern to still have the proper bag size without getting bigger?

I am doing mine in HDC and in the back loops, it is giving it a nice little rib!

EVEN ON THE DECREASE? I AM TRYING TO THINK THIS ONE THROUGH!

HELP!!!! :eek

I've crocheted the bag up to the handles, and even stitched in a bee-yoo-tiful lining. I've started on the handles, but I've never stitched into row ends before. How do you tell where to put a stitch?! I tried figuring it out last night, but just got more and more confused.

Any words of advice?

FYI i have discovered that "fat quarters" used for quilting are just the right size for my linings. they are 18" x 22" and only about 1.50 a pop. just something to look into for all ya'll FBB addicts! :manyheart

you just kinda determine where the rows are... and just find a spot and stick the hook in LOL. as long as it's evenly spaced and using each row, you're doing it right.

i'm on row... 27!!!! it feels like it's going so slow yet i feel so motivated LOL cuz i can't wait to see this thing in action.

After all the issues...... viola

th_FB1004-1.jpg

th_FB1001-1.jpg

PS: Why is it soooo small? lol

Looks so great!! I love it...what is the yarn? The handles are great, too BTW!! Congrats on finally finishing! Any new ones in the works? :grin