yarndiva

SnB:HH Fat Bottom Bag CAL

Seeing all of your beautiful purses has made me believe that this is a project I can *maybe* finish. I've already started the bag - actually, I'm on (drum roll...) ROW 25! I'm cheating and doing it in hdc since patience isn't my strong suit.

Hope it's okay to jump right in with this CAL. I've read a bunch of the posts and have been grateful for all the tutes and tips. If only I had digital confetti to shower on all your heads!

Seeing all of your beautiful purses has made me believe that this is a project I can *maybe* finish. I've already started the bag - actually, I'm on (drum roll...) ROW 25! I'm cheating and doing it in hdc since patience isn't my strong suit.

Hope it's okay to jump right in with this CAL. I've read a bunch of the posts and have been grateful for all the tutes and tips. If only I had digital confetti to shower on all your heads!

Hey don't worry about the hdc thing! I did my first FBB in hdc then did my 2nd in hhdc and I decided that hdc with the lining makes for pretty quick FBB's churned out :laughroll

Welcome to the CAL!!

Sorry to confuse anyone with the need to temporarily archive this thread for a couple days. I think you all deserve an explanation of the reason why this was necessary.

Someone in this thread posted they had created a symbol crochet chart for this pattern. The member thought she was doing the right thing with copyright law, and contacted the designer for permission to create the chart, and permission was granted.

However, there are still a couple problems here that us nit-picky admins :eek have to consider from a legal perspective. Distributing the chart here at Crochetville is different from someone creating the chart, so we need to clarify that permission to distribute the chart has been received from the party with legal authority to grant us that permission (designer or publisher, depending on the way the book contract was written). We're awaiting clarification from the designer at the present time. Depending on what Julie tells us, we may have to go to the publisher to seek permission to distribute the chart.

And I'm afraid that since we don't have a good way to verify ownership of the book, that the publisher will not grant permission to distribute the pattern here.

So, until and if we can get express written permission (for our legal files) from the actual copyright holder to distribute the symbol crochet chart here, I've removed mention of who created the chart from this thread. Some of you may have already requested and received a copy. To protect Crochetville from any possibility of a lawsuit related to copyright infringement, I must ask that there be no further distribution of this chart via PM or email requests. Also to further protect Crochetville legally, I should ask that anyone who received a copy of that chart without actually owning the book yourself, to please delete the chart from your computer.

I want to reiterate that nobody should think the original poster of the symbol crochet chart was trying to get around copyright law. She made it very clear that she only wanted to send the chart to people who already owned the book, and she also made it clear that she had made a best-faith effort to obtain proper permissions from the person she believed to own the copyright. She just didn't realize that the publishing contract may have transferred copyright rights from the designer to the publisher. So please understand that the poster of the symbol chart was trying her best to comply with copyright law, and that we as admins fully understand and truly appreciate her efforts. :)

I just received my book a few days ago. I started a bag yesterday and all I need to do is finish the second handle and of course I will be making a flower and then comes the picture. I did mine in brown and will do a pink flower. This is for my daughter and I know she will just love it. I am going to make another one but would like to try some different kinds of thread just for a change. I think I will join this CAL and please be patient as this is my first CAL.

I just received my book a few days ago. I started a bag yesterday and all I need to do is finish the second handle and of course I will be making a flower and then comes the picture. I did mine in brown and will do a pink flower. This is for my daughter and I know she will just love it. I am going to make another one but would like to try some different kinds of thread just for a change. I think I will join this CAL and please be patient as this is my first CAL.

wow, you are fast!!!! i started my bag like two weeks ago and i'm only like 2/3rds thru it! i have all the materials, i just get so distracted with the million projects i'm doing. i wish i could just finish one before i started another.

Finally got my book!!! My sister is out here visiting me from Louisiana and she was here when it came in. This pattern was the first one she turned to in the book and said ohhh this is cute. So she gets the first on! I like the way it crochets up and the pattern was very easy to follow. I did the lining before putting the handles on as suggested and I can see how that makes things a lotttttt easier. The black was her choice, and I added the little "poppy" for a special touch. She can take it off if she wants to be all black. She was impressed that it only took me a couple of days to get it done and that was between sightseeing with her!

http://www.suzyqt1968.albums.gardenbuddies.com/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=9009&g2_serialNumber=2

http://www.suzyqt1968.albums.gardenbuddies.com/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=9007&g2_serialNumber=2

I started a new one last night. I'm going to make it in spring colors!! They are so much fun to make.

Suzy, your purse is gorgeous! I like the larger handles and the flower is a great touch! :cheer

I finished two bags within about 2 days. Forgot to take pictures and gave them to my daughter. She was way more than happy to take them. I am going to try and get her to either take a picture or give them back long enough to take a pic. I am very please with how they turned out and think I am going to experiment with different handles. I did my second back with some oblong bamboo handles and I thought it turned out quite cute. Hopefully I can post pics soon.

Here is my 1st try at the bag. It is being sent to a swap partner who requested the color and cotton yarn...Whattcha think???

email+pic+purse.jpg

Here is my 1st try at the bag. It is being sent to a swap partner who requested the color and cotton yarn...Whattcha think???

email+pic+purse.jpg

I love the blue! You did a fantastic job and I'm sure your swap partner will love it!!

I'm joining in! I want to make this bag for my upcoming trip to England (15 days!).

I was having issues with the first couple rows, so I came here for corrections. I didn't find them (I browsed the first several pages). I found corrections at Bust.com, and it seems like they will fix my issues with the first two rows!

I posted this on another thread where someone showed a beautiful orange bag. I can't find the book at any of the bookstores around here, but i did find it at our library. :cheer Only trouble is, somebody's got it out, and I'm 3rd on the waiting list!:eek . When I get it, I'll join this and and maybe the "thread" thread. Might do Christmas, when I figure out what to make, maybe they'll all want bags when they see mine.:manyheart Everyone, keep posting pictures of your bags, I just love seeing them, and the yarns you use. Jan.

I posted this on another thread where someone showed a beautiful orange bag. I can't find the book at any of the bookstores around here, but i did find it at our library. :cheer Only trouble is, somebody's got it out, and I'm 3rd on the waiting list!:eek . When I get it, I'll join this and and maybe the "thread" thread. Might do Christmas, when I figure out what to make, maybe they'll all want bags when they see mine.:manyheart Everyone, keep posting pictures of your bags, I just love seeing them, and the yarns you use. Jan.

I got my book off of e-bay for a very reasonable price! There are two listed on there currently. The book is really a great one to have as their are so many fantastic patterns in it!

i think i'm going to give in and join this soon. i put it off for so long cuz i just don't like hard handles, but someone posted some beautiful bags in the accessories board and gave a link to an ebay store with GORGEOUS and reasonably priced plastic handles, AND joann's has free shipping right now... so i'm going to give in and order the yarn and handle and finally make one of my own. =) now i just need to find some cute lining.

***edit** okay, i just gave in and ordered the yarn and handles!!!! my family is probably meeting up for an easter/my birthday celebration, and i want to have it done by then because my aunt and i are always showing off to each other lol. wait til she sees this =D

I'm row 40. It is looking good!!

Yay! I actually finished the bag part last night at work. I hadn't worked on it at all for a almost a week. I was going to line it, but decided i didn't really like the fabric I bought with the bag, so I'm skipping it for this one & going to start the handle part tonight.

I bought lining today! YAY! Actually, I bought lining for the one I'm working on at 3 more! lol

Has anyone done a FBB in plain ol' regular hdc? I love the way the Hhdc looks, but I want to whip out a couple quickly and I'm not able to do the Hhdc as quickly as I can do a hdc (takes me about twice as long per stitch).

If you have, any photos?

Has anyone done a FBB in plain ol' regular hdc? I love the way the Hhdc looks, but I want to whip out a couple quickly and I'm not able to do the Hhdc as quickly as I can do a hdc (takes me about twice as long per stitch).

If you have, any photos?

Mine is done in hdc it was much easier look at my blog:hook

Awesome! Thanks!

See my take on the FBB here.

I did things a little differently. And it turned out so well, that I started another one!

I finished my bag last night. I still to put in the linning and do the handle part.

tan_bottom1_th.jpgtan_bottom3_th.jpg

Yay, my first fbb! :D I've been doing a full-time student teaching internship, and since this was my last day in the school, I thought this would make a good thank-you gift for my teacher who I was working with. She absolutely loved it, and walked around showing the bag and its lining to the kids. :lol It was done using Caron Perfect Match in Lace, it didn't take that long.