SnB:HH Fat Bottom Bag CAL

yarndiva

Thanks for the tips ladies. I am going to start over with just hdc. I think I am also going to switch yarns. I didn't have many cotton colors to choose from in my stash so I am going to go with something much more me instead. I have just the right ww to match my favorite sweater jacket. Pefect! :clap

Would anybody mind sharing photos of some they have done already? I would love to see other interpretations.

Thanks!

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright let my arm go! Stop twisting! I'll join, I'll join!:P Those bags are soooo addicting.......I have made four and counting........:)

Thanks a bunch,

One more silly question. Where are you guys getting your handles? I have been to w*mart, joann's, ac moore, and Micheals and have not been able to find plain old ring handles. I don't like the clear or bamboo type ones. Any ideas?

I made the fleuri bag also and it has no handles :think

Thanks

I started mine last night, I completed all the increase rows and now onto the straight rows, i'm making mine for a swap, just not sure WHICH swap pal is going too get this LOL

Now I just have to wait until the ebay auction is over for me to get my book! Aack! I can't wait that long!!! :rolleyes

Never seen the pattern before, what size purse handles do y'all suggest? Is one shape of handle (round, D-ring, etc.) better for this bag than others?

What size hook does this project take? Has anyone ever made one of these in thread? :scrachin:idea

Uh-oh, the "crochet-wheels" are turning!!!!!

Now I just have to wait until the ebay auction is over for me to get my book! Aack! I can't wait that long!!! :rolleyes

Uh-oh, the "crochet-wheels" are turning!!!!!

I am right there with you. I am waiting for my book also. I ordered it from Amazon and they are saying it will be here around the 12th. That is a loooooooonnnnnngggggg wait.

Hi Barb I too started last night and Im at the same place as you starting the reg rows now :hook

Glad too see you here Maryann:cheer what yarn are you using for yours?

Never seen the pattern before, what size purse handles do y'all suggest? Is one shape of handle (round, D-ring, etc.) better for this bag than others?

What size hook does this project take? Has anyone ever made one of these in thread? :scrachin:idea

You can use any handle that tickles your fancy, my first bag used a D handle.

I have lots of cotton thread on cones so I usually double, triple or quadruple them to my desired thicknesses.

The hooks differ on how thick or thin I do it too.

Jessica,

SS or any yarn/thread of choice will be great for this bag. Personally I am a cotton yarn/thread junkie so that's what I use. Never did a bag that's not cotton yet though...my stash is 99% cotton :rofl

Glad too see you here Maryann:cheer what yarn are you using for yours?

:cheer I purchased some WW mill end bags of yarn at mary maxims and its very soft and chocolate brown in color but I have no clue as to the brand of yarn it is :think ... I never made a bag before so I figured I would use this in case I screw it up :lol

Great, Our little "fat bottom" CAL is getting a lot of crocheters together. I can't wait to see pitures of some of your bags. Here are some of mine.

ppo.jpg

ppi.jpg

gpo.jpg

gpi.jpg

opo.jpg

opi.jpg

I was just thinking about starting another Fat Bottom this weekend! I made my first one last month and carry it EVERYWHERE! I can't believe how many compliments I've gotten on it, but now I need one in a more neutral color. It's such a sturdy bag and a great size!

Here is the one I did. I love green and Orange, though the silk flower shed like crazy all over everything! I'm just going to use ribbon on my next one, I think.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c162/shoffee/CraftyThings001.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c162/shoffee/CraftyThings002.jpg

I was just thinking about starting another Fat Bottom this weekend! I made my first one last month and carry it EVERYWHERE! I can't believe how many compliments I've gotten on it, but now I need one in a more neutral color. It's such a sturdy bag and a great size!

Here is the one I did. I love green and Orange, though the silk flower shed like crazy all over everything! I'm just going to use ribbon on my next one, I think.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c162/shoffee/CraftyThings001.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c162/shoffee/CraftyThings002.jpg

Very nice! Great work! It looks very similar to the one in the picture in the book!

Pam -- your bags are beautiful, I LOVE the bright colored one at the bottom :yay

I wished I would have posted these pictures a little sooner and found out you LOVED the bright colored one! LOL Maybe we will swap again someday!:lol I think you will like the purse that I sent also, at least I hope so! :xfin

Archived