SnB:HH Fat Bottom Bag CAL

yarndiva

Hi all! The bags are gorgeous.:manyheart I am not joining this CAL but I just wanted to say that I am happy you are finding my lining tutorial helpful.

Fat Bottom Bag Tutorial

I added a link to it on the sidebar of my blog so you can easily access it. I also want to add that if anyone has questions about the tutorial, please PM here or use my email address on my blog. I will probably not check this thread everyday but will check back often to see the gorgeous bags.

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply
th_DSCN0188.jpg

I really shouldn't butt in because that book is not available here and I have never seen the pattern, but I liked the look of the bag so much that I made this after reading about it on the Net so this is my version of the FBB.

I actually made a scarf out of that same color skein. Its a beautiful rendition of the pattern. You are very talented to make something without the pattern. My mother in law can look at something and make it too. That's a great talent to have.

Alright, folks! I knew there had to be a CAL for this....:D . I just started a FBB last night, but here comes my confession...I can't sew!:eek I'm terrified of lining this puppy. So, when it comes time to do so, could someone hold my hand and teach me? I would be forever greatful.:hug:manyheart

Don't worry! My only claim to fame when it comes to sewing is making hair scrunchies...my skills are pretty limited! I followed the tutorial that pam mentioned. I kept thinking it looked like way too much fabric when I got it pinned on, but I just followed Kel's directions to the letter and it came out well! Keep us updated! You can do it :cheer

So, I'm only on row 22, but it's starting to look really pretty. Man, the hhdc stitch is reeeeally time consuming. If I am satisfied, which I am sure I will be, I am going to do the next bag with a hdc.

So, I'm only on row 22, but it's starting to look really pretty. Man, the hhdc stitch is reeeeally time consuming. If I am satisfied, which I am sure I will be, I am going to do the next bag with a hdc.

That is what I did and it seemed to go so much faster. Look forward to seeing your bag! It is great when you feel like you are finally getting somewhere!:hook

That is what I did and it seemed to go so much faster. Look forward to seeing your bag! It is great when you feel like you are finally getting somewhere!:hook

i was actually contemplating ripping the whole thing just to start over with hdc! ugh, i dunno. maybe i should just finish it from the pattern then tweek it.

i was actually contemplating ripping the whole thing just to start over with hdc! ugh, i dunno. maybe i should just finish it from the pattern then tweek it.

A problem I had was that I was working on another project at the same time that used hdc throughout and I kept switching back on forth on my fbb and ended up frogging it and starting over :frog . It sounds like you have a good start, try to hang in there...it is slower, but once you get this one finished you could try hdc the next time. Don't get discouraged! :)

Well, I finished my "practice" bag (didn't line it) and now I'm working on my REAL one. Got through the increases, and the straight part yesterday, now I just need to do the decreases. I can't wait till it's done!

I'm not liking the hhdc either, & keep wanting to YO like I would with a dc. I'm thinking if I do another it will be hdc. I bet with a fuzzier yarn no one would notice... not that anyone but a crocheter would anyways..

I am not ripping mine out, but it seems like one half is bigger than the other.. well more than seems there is an extra stitch on one side of my markers. That probably won't be too big of deal, right?

Well I finished the bag part, I just need to line it and make the handles and I'm done with my sister's Easter present. Hope to finish it by tomorrow night... will keep you posted! I'm so excited!

I started one of these, but i have about 15 projects going at the moment, so I have no idea when I will finish.

I am using J&P Coats® Royale™ Quick Crochet in the color linen marl. I a using a double strand and doing the pattern for the green bag.

I finished the increases and three rows of the straight.

okay, so i am finished with the straight part and it asks you to put stitch markers in the hhdc2tog. i am not sure where to put a hhdc or anything. I think its row 39 and then 40-40something. 45?

Anyway, someone help me.

thanks

yeah, those stinkin stitch markers! man, i hate em. they get stuck in the yarn and it takes twice as long! i think i just bought them because i'm a dork and wanted to do it perfect.

yeah, those stinkin stitch markers! man, i hate em. they get stuck in the yarn and it takes twice as long! i think i just bought them because i'm a dork and wanted to do it perfect.

the first purse I did, I was worried about getting it right and used the stitch markers and it can be a little bit of a pain! I used those tiny hair clips to mark my place. The ones that you squeeze the end and they have little teeth. My daughter wears them in her hair and lately I have been commandeering them and when I hear my daughter yelling moooooom! :lol I know she has caught me again! On the next purse , I just eyeballed it like yarndiva:)

the first purse I did, I was worried about getting it right and used the stitch markers and it can be a little bit of a pain! I used those tiny hair clips to mark my place. The ones that you squeeze the end and they have little teeth. My daughter wears them in her hair and lately I have been commandeering them and when I hear my daughter yelling moooooom! :lol I know she has caught me again! On the next purse , I just eyeballed it like yarndiva:)

Yeah, I haven't used the markers. So far though, it is coming out fine. I think I am lining up the decs well. Thank you. I'll get back to you guys when it get to the lining!!!! lol. My mom actually gave me a sewing machine and I think I touched it once. I give the kids pants to my mother in law to hem. I'm just not too confident in that area. Someday. Maybe "the grandma's (my mother and mother in law)" will pass down their wisdom!

I am up to the lining part on one of my bags, but decided to make another FBB and so I'm working on crocheting that one and then I'll haul out the sewing machine and line them both at the same time. It's funny, I used to be a sewing madwoman, but now that I've gotten back into crochet, sewing just seems like a pain in the butt!

I'd rather sit on the couch surrounded by yarn than make a big mess by dragging out the machine, the sewing kit, the pins, etc.

In our new house, I made my husband promise I'll have a craft room where I can leave my sewing machine set up all the time, but until then, just hand me the hooks and skeins!

I am up to the lining part on one of my bags, but decided to make another FBB and so I'm working on crocheting that one and then I'll haul out the sewing machine and line them both at the same time. It's funny, I used to be a sewing madwoman, but now that I've gotten back into crochet, sewing just seems like a pain in the butt!

It does seem like an ordeal to drag out the sewing machine and then have it in the way. I am with you...I need to make a purse for each sister and I really need to send them the same day so it doesn't look like I favor one or the other even :P So, I am going to do the "body" on several save the lining to do all at once. I am putting the finishing touches on a comfortghan and then it is back to the FBB, the starghan, the rectangular granny, the hot cross buns.... Too many projects going at once! I need that craft room too!:yes

Archived