Where is the most unusual place to you that you've crocheted?

I was thinking about this while checking the airline regulations to see what would just be easier to check that carry-on since I'm planning a trip. I saw that crochet hooks and knitting needles have both be cleared :yay:yarn. Which is marvelous so I won't get bored on the plane. Anyway, it got me thinking that crocheting on an airplane would a new experience for me and the most unusual thus far. So, how about you guys?

I have crocheted on planes (before 9/11) but I think the most unusal was at a drive in threater, back in the 70's. I can't just sit and watch tv, movies, etc. I have to do something with my hands so I think that is the most unusal.

I also crochet while we are traveling in either the car or motorhome.

I crochet while bowling!! Well, not when it's my turn to bowl......:(

I have a small projects basket I take with me, and I work on them while cheering for my teamates. Some of the ladies make a special point of coming to find me to see what I'm working on now. I've even sold a couple of pieces!

My most unusual place must be the Mexico City Airport, while we waited in between our flights from Puerto Vaerta to Mexico City to O'Hare International Airport in Chicago. It was probably a 4 hour wait while they were checking the brakes on the plane. Boy, was I worried until we were safely in Chicago.

Brakes can be important!:lol

:manyheart

Hmmm...lessee, during psych class in college, in the examination room at the OB/GYN office while waiting for the doctor to check me out while pg with my dd, and in a tent while camping (before dd) during a rainy day.

In my lawn chair at the softball park while my husband is playing softball....:D

Oh yeah, at the Sonic drive in my car while waiting on my lunch to come (that is a hamburger joint by the way).... :yes

At concerts in the park in the summer time....any and every chance I get!!!

I would have to say that the most unusual place I have ever crocheted was on the fishing pier at Palacios. The second most unusual place was in the bleachers at the Bull Blast Rodeo at our Rice Festival last October. :lol

Elle

The most unusual place for me to crochet to date is at my daughter's band concert...just the other night. Not while they were playing, but before it ever got started. She had to be there at least 30 minutes before, so I sat in the auditorium and did my thing. :hook

Hmmm... I crochet alot during staff development, as it is usually very boring and stuff I know. Oh.. I know, one day one of my students brought me some yarn and of course I have a crochet hook in my classroom. While they were working, I made her a headband.

When I was a Disney 2 summers ago, I was behind a woman who was crocheting in line as we waited for the ride.. Brilliant I thought.

Hmmm So many places to choose from. I work a phone job, so I am always crocheting at work. I used to work for Disney so I was able to go to the parks all the time for free. So I pretty much crocheted everyplace there. I also crochet at th Dr's all the time. I have crocheted at a spa on a cruise ship and at Niagara Falls. I take it everywhere.

When I was a Disney 2 summers ago, I was behind a woman who was crocheting in line as we waited for the ride.. Brilliant I thought.

Hey this could have been me!!! I went with my sister so she could purchase a Marie Osmond doll. First we stood in a long line to purchase the doll, then we stood in another long line to meet her and have her sign the doll. The whole day I was crocheting while we were standing in those long lines.

• 3 months later...

Church :) My hubby is part of the praise and worship band at our church, so we go in one car and I wait the hour before mass to start...and I crochet. I crocheted in class during grad school...hmmm those are the "oddest" I suppose, but I crochet everywhere, too...laundry mat, airplane/port, vacation, car, oh...the bar, thats another good one...aforementioned hubby is a musician and they gig in bars alot...When I studied abroad in college I brought enough yarn to make an entire afghan...I gave it to my host mom as a gift when I left (it was something like 15 skeins of bernat coordinates...i worked on it all semester!)

Archived