Where is the most unusual place to you that you've crocheted?

Hmmm... I crochet alot during staff development, as it is usually very boring and stuff I know. Oh.. I know, one day one of my students brought me some yarn and of course I have a crochet hook in my classroom. While they were working, I made her a headband.

AHA this is how to get some of my girls to work, they want me to crochet them ribbon or plastic bag purses, I've told them if they bring me the stuff I'll do it. Maybe if they see me do it in class they'll work LOL.

I've crocheted in class b4, the most unusual I guess would be druing state testing, I wore a little shoulder bag with a ball of yarn and crochted patches for Warm up America while walking around the room monitoring them.

Most unusual place would have to be at a bar. Hubby likes to play cards and I get bored as heck. So...I bring my crochet, they think I'm nuts.;) I also crochet in the car, in the yard...try to sneak a few rows in at work once in awhile.

Last weekend I crocheted while sitting on a rock on the riverbank while my fiance fished ... and also I frequently crochet while cooking. I will stand in the kitchen and crochet while I wait for things to finish cooking.

And ... sometimes I crochet in the car while I am driving ... well, not driving exactly. But at stop lights.:blush I know I shouldn't ... but I get bored in rush hour traffic!!

At the jail waiting for my honey after I bonded him out! I kinda felt like Martha!

:lol I think you might be the winner of unusual places! At least unusual circumstances!

My daughter was interviewing for a job and we planned to go shopping with

her after. I realized that she might take awhile so I brought my crocheting and ending up crocheting in the car for two hours!!!. She had to take a test,

be interviewed and wait in between. Good News- She actually got a full

time job!!

I have several project baskets that I keep in the car, so I pretty much crochet anywhere and everywhere.

Let's see:

at the bowling alley

at the movies

at BBQs

at work on my break

on car trips when my hubby is driving

in bed

at relative's when we go to visit (I can crochet and talk at the same time)

in the mall at the food court

1. On the exercise bike - It's hard enough finding motivation to exercise, let alone losing an hour of crochet time.

2. In the parking lot at the DMV - They make you wait outside until it's precisely 8AM.

3. At a sushi restaurant - This was my husband's idea! He wanted to meet for dinner and I was really tired. He said I could crochet while waiting for him. I asked him about the etiquette of crocheting in a restaurant and he didn't see anything wrong with it. He may have started something :)

I've done the plane, car, bus, Dr's office, BBQ, relative's house etc. stuff......just about anywhere I go, my family know that I will take my crocheting if I can.......But I have to agree that crocheting in those endless lines at Disney and other theme parks is a new one for me! And DEFINATELY something to keep in mind! Are you sure it wasn't Amy you saw???? LOL!:lol

Oh......I HAVE TO POST THIS!!!!!

I crochet on our boat (rain hail or shine), while my DH is fishing!!!!

He has a bit of a reputation around the boat ramp....."the crocheting fisherman".

I may even name the boat that!!!! Just a thought :):hook

Kind of brings a new meaning to HOOK, line and sinker!!!!

Cheers

I am a retired elem. school teacher. (Please excuse all errors.) In 2001, I was attacked by a 2nd grader with his cowboy boots. He kicked me in my knees about 25 times before I could get him off of me, and destroyed my kneecaps. I had a lot of emotional baggage during this time. My mind kept feeling like I was going to be assulted again. And stayed at the STARTLED mood 24-7. Due to my kneecaps being ruined, I am in an electric wheelchair, and sleep in a hospital bed. I can not make my knees lie flat and need the bent angle to rest at night. Walking long distances makes my kneecaps swell and causes me great pain. So I use the wheelchair for shopping.

I crocheted when I went to church. That's right, during Sunday School Hour, and right thru Preaching. Everyone understood my situation. My mind and hands just had to being doing something. I was able to listen in church, (kind of like crocheting and watching tv.) and keep myself calm.

The funny thing about it was, that each Sunday after church, someone would always ask me to make what I was working on, for someone that they held special. The requests were never ending.

My husband, a volunteer fireman, was killed May 20, 2007. He was my complete care-giver, he did the housework, shopping and taking care of me.

He loaded my chair for each haul. Now it is a challenge for me just to get it somewhere and use it. I sure miss his laughter and our long talks.

(Married for 29 years.)

( See:

"My Husband, My Fireman, My Hero" posted on C'ville.)

Church and crocheting go hand in hand for me. I don't even blink an eye in the church about keeping my mind calm, and most of all listening to the message being spoken..

by a large fountain in Newark, NJ where people come to sit and eat lunch, read the paper, etc. on the steps; it's sorta like an open air greek arena, minus the height and the columns and the statues and ruins :) - people looked at me like I had 2 heads tho.

I too don't go anywhere with out my crochet/knitting bag. At first it used to make my DH very mad...but he has come around and now even encourages me to bring it along.

Places:

Baseball games/ practices

T- Ball games and practices

Soccer games / practices

dance classes / recitals

Kindergarden graduation ceremony

Beach

commutes

Town park

kitchen

library

waiting in school for children

Minor Legue baseball game

Swimming pool

basically, everywhere i go, my bags come with me

Here's a place that wasn't mentioned! The dressing room at a department store. When I take my DD for clothes for school, it can be a long and boring process, getting her "Look" exactly right. So now I bring a ball of yarn and a hook and usually complete a hat, while waiting.

She is 17 now and just needs me for my opinion and my credit card!!!!!!:lol

:manyheart

I am so glad to know I am not the only one who crochets in the kitchen while supper is cooking and in the bathtub.But the strangest place I think I have ever crocheted was hiding in my bedroom closet.It had been one of those days so I told my dh to watch the kids and hid in the closet for a while for a little quiet time.

Shannon

I would have to say it was at work. Now I did just start crocheting recently, so not very adventurous.

Archived