What did you crochet this weekend?

Mommy2Max

I got my bag done (yay! Will post pics tonight) and I was SO proud of myself for stashbusting a skein and a half of yarn on it, but THEN I went to Michaels for ONE skein to do a repair job on an older afghan and ended up buying TEN skeins of yarn!!!! So much for my stashbusting score!

But I started (another) new afghan in creams and greens for my favorite aunt who's having a hard time right now, and I got a good start on it, so I'm hoping it might be done in time for an Easter gift (or Mother's Day at the latest).

Taking my bubbles afghan with me out of town this weekend, so I'm hoping to get a bunch done on the plane.

How about you? What did you get done this weekend????

Let's see, I made 1 scarf, some squares, then worked on my big afghan so I would be able to work on my ripple. I'm using the leftover yarn from the panels in my big afghan for my ripple. So I am working on 2 afghan's in tandem. I've only messed up once doing that.....I am using 2 different sized hooks and I used the wrong hook on one section of the ripple :(

I'm still plugging away on my dragonfly afghan. I am also knitting helmet liners for the troops. My local craft store has donated the yarn and was asking for knitters to knit some up. I'm on my third one.

I started, and finished the Pirate Potholders, all in one weekend. I posted pictures in the Show and Tell section. I'm so proud of me!

• 2 weeks later...

I made a piggy beanie, finished of some items I am testing, started another item for testing. Then on Sunday night found out a friend baby arrived early and that another friend had become a father (didn't know he had one on the way eeek!) And another couple have just told me they are expecting, so Sunday night was baby night LOL! must get in and make some more mittens hats and other bits and bobs for the precious bundles that are making their way into the world.

Did a few baby afghans (12-15 inches) for the Charity 2007 Blitz. Can't remember, I just kept going and watched the first HP and made one during that movie (it's loooonger then I remember). I didn't have much to do on Saturday (no money LOL) so I sat home and crocheted (in between house work). And crocheted more on Sunday. I think 3 blankets.

Debbi

• 3 months later...

I have to say I did absolutly nothing and it was fabulous!

I've been going non-stop with work and travel for over a month now and taking three days to do not much was great. I would have worked on something, but I wasn't up to the challenge of my next project and the blanket I'm working on, I'm saving for my trip this week. I was going to do some sewing on Monday, but everything else I'd touched all day didn't work, so I didn't want to get even more frustrated with something that should be fun!

I did a shawl for a friend that was just diagonesed with bone cancer and I started and did 20 rounds on a van goah round ripple! Hope to finish that tonight.

I started an afghan for my mom and dad. Mom asked me last Christmas if I could make them one for this coming Christmas. Since I've started so early I'm very hopeful to have it done by then. :cheer It's the "In the Pink" afghan from "Vanna's Favorite Gift Afghans" (pretty sure that's the exact name of the book), but I'm doing it in taupe, country blue and rose pink to match my folks' couch.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived