Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, gals! Getting ready to head out now. My bf is driving so I can have beer or not have beer (whatever my tummy feels like at the moment) and should be here within the next few minutes.

Talk with you soon!

:birthday, Nicole! So sorry to hear you were too sick to attend the hockey game and had to pass-up the opportunity to see the Stanley Cup in person, but I am glad you are feeling better this weekend. Have fun at tonight's game :dance

Hi, ladies! I'm feeling much better. I have a lot to catch up on around here though. Today is my birthday and I'm going to see a hockey game. :D I go almost every weekend though. :devil

Oh that reminds me. I first got sick Monday night. I had tickets to see the USHL All-Star game Tuesday night. Well, I was so sick I gave my tickets to a friend. I found out later that they had the Stanley Cup there! :faint I missed it because I was sick. :sigh They were even letting people go on the ice to touch it and take pictures with it. I would have loved it. If I had known it was going to be there, I would have gone anyway....with a "sick bucket" in tow. :lol

I hope to catch up with you guys this weekend. :manyheart

Oh, Nicole, that would have killed mto miss that! I remember when the NY Rangers won the cup in the early 90's...such excitement!!!

:bday:famesweetie!

Good Morning, Ladies. :)

I have two more saltines done... :whew. Seemed so hard to get any done this last couple weeks... with my 9yr old and his school project.

I posted a pic of his completed doll here.

He decided on no face for her... because he didnt think they would have had faces on their dolls then. He is so cute!

have a fabulous Friday everyone

:heart

:mug

The doll is just wonderful! :clap I'll bet he makes an A on the project!

Class-Spirit Olympics at the girls' school this afternoon. Annika's class is supposed to wear yellow shirts, and Kyri's has to wear purple. For my 'totally pink' child, this yellow assignment did not go over too well :ohdear I found a zip-up yellow sweatshirt with pink roses on it and suggested she wear pink overalls and a pink turtleneck under the sweatshirt, so that the yellow was just an accent color. She did, albeit reluctantly :rolleyes. I expect the sweatshirt will drape over the back of her chair, until it is time to go to the gymnasium to participate in the relay races. Kyri is very excited for the race in which the students blow a feather across the gym floor with a drinking straw and the relay wearing over-sized 'Daddy' shoes. Competition is not fierce, and there are just a ton of giggles; it's a good way to end the week on a high-note. I am going to take photos and hand out tangerines at the end of the afternoon.

Hope you all have a good day!

I hope the girls had a wonderful time yesterday! Their school sounds like a good one...kids need to have fun! :manyheart

Nicole ~ 'Hope you had a great birthday and that you're all back to normal. :hug

It's 18 degrees with wind...I need to run some errands, but sure want to stay in where it's warm. :lol I actually made more little squares last night and plan to work on some later. :hook

Hi, my friends. This bronchitis really kicked my butt this week. I'm finally starting to feel better. I think I turned the corner yesterday. We're going to try letting John take care of Kim today with me as backup if needed. If it goes okay, I get to go back to my own bed tonight. Yeah! It would be wonderful to sleep the whole night through. I earned enough squares this week to add another two block to the dragon ghan but was too sick to crochet or anything else. :( Should have lots to show next week. :lol

Nicole, :birthday:cake:birthday Hope you had a wonderful day and enjoyed the game last night.

Hi Linda ~ I'm so glad you're a little better and hope you get lots of rest this weekend.

:hug Congratulations on your weight loss for the week...Mr. Dragon will be finished before you know it! :applause

Off to take care of a few errands. Have a great Saturday, ladies.

:)

Mary, keep warm!:hugWe have 15 degrees up here:P

Linda, I hope you can rest today...I'm looking forward to the next part of the dragon square!!:cheer

Hi, again. Just woke up from a 4 hour nap with Sarge. That helped with the tired feeling. I don't think he stopped purring the entire time I was asleep. :lol

Linda...Hope you feel better soon...I hadn't seen my Cinnamon(kitty) all morning and was starting to get worried because we got so much snow and ice last night and i was afraid she was left out side...went searching and found her in the back closet buried under a pile of blankets :lol and she refuses to come out.

Judy...Will check out the new CAL latter tonight....thanks for the heads up!

Mary...be careful out there and stay safe!

Hi, again. Just woke up from a 4 hour nap with Sarge. That helped with the tired feeling. I don't think he stopped purring the entire time I was asleep. :lol

Awwww....how sweet!:c9

Good Morning, Ladies. :)

The doll is just wonderful! :clap I'll bet he makes an A on the project!

It's 18 degrees with wind...I need to run some errands, but sure want to stay in where it's warm. :lol I actually made more little squares last night and plan to work on some later. :hook

Thanks!!:hug

I sure hope he does too!

he worked hard on this!

Oh! So glad you were able to have a long nap. :yes If Gracie and Zoe were there, it never would have happened. :lol

Have a good evening. :manyheart

Linda...Hope you feel better soon...I hadn't seen my Cinnamon(kitty) all morning and was starting to get worried because we got so much snow and ice last night and i was afraid she was left out side...went searching and found her in the back closet buried under a pile of blankets :lol and she refuses to come out.

Judy...Will check out the new CAL latter tonight....thanks for the heads up!

Mary...be careful out there and stay safe!

Hooray for Cinnamon!

I feel lots more rested today. I slept the whole night through. And I lost 3 3/4 pounds last week! I'm really going to have to make a ton of saltines this week to get caught up. I've got 4+ blocks to make! At this rate it's not going to take all that long to do my dragon ghan. :D

Howdy ladies !

Just wanted to take a moment to come in and give you a good morning greeting . Been busy up til now, but things are quiet at the moment, so thought I'd say howdy .

I hope you all are doing well. I see poor Linda, you have bronchitis. That is NO fun .Wears you out . Take it easy and get better soon .

And hello Miss Mary ! Have you had your new grandbaby yet ? I have lost track of time .

Hey there Shay ! I see you are working on the saltines again . You guys are almost talking me into starting another -- such pretty items always come out of this area !

Hello to anyone else I may have missed. It looks like some newer people here who I don't know ,but I do see my old friend Tam, in here on shore leave .

Mornin' Julie........

yep... takin' a break ashore to pamper this headache!:(

I'm gonna curl up on the couch today and do a little work on a bunch of projects!!!

you all have great day!!!

Hooray for Cinnamon!

I feel lots more rested today. I slept the whole night through. And I lost 3 3/4 pounds last week! I'm really going to have to make a ton of saltines this week to get caught up. I've got 4+ blocks to make! At this rate it's not going to take all that long to do my dragon ghan. :D

:cheer Good job on the weight loss!! I'm also glad you're feeling rested.

Howdy ladies !

Just wanted to take a moment to come in and give you a good morning greeting . Been busy up til now, but things are quiet at the moment, so thought I'd say howdy .

I hope you all are doing well. I see poor Linda, you have bronchitis. That is NO fun .Wears you out . Take it easy and get better soon .

And hello Miss Mary ! Have you had your new grandbaby yet ? I have lost track of time .

Hey there Shay ! I see you are working on the saltines again . You guys are almost talking me into starting another -- such pretty items always come out of this area !

Hello to anyone else I may have missed. It looks like some newer people here who I don't know ,but I do see my old friend Tam, in here on shore leave .

Hi! :hi

Mornin' Julie........

yep... takin' a break ashore to pamper this headache!:(

I'm gonna curl up on the couch today and do a little work on a bunch of projects!!!

you all have great day!!!

:yuck I hope the headache is better soon.

Well, with my stomach bug, I've lost 8 pounds since the last time I weighed myself (about a week and a half ago). It's a nasty way to lose the weight, but I hope it stays off!!!

I hope you're all doing well or get well soon. :hug

Hey there, Tam,

that's ok, keep yourself resting til that headache lets up. Those things are really annoying. I've had them my whole life .

( By the way, is your real name Tammy, or just Tam ? I really like that name .)

Hi there Nicole -- Nice to meet you if I haven't before .I'm sorry if we met and I just don't remember. I've been MIA off & on for awhile,so it's taking me awhile to get back into the groove of things .

What quilt-ghan are you working on,and what colors ?

Hey there, Tam,

that's ok, keep yourself resting til that headache lets up. Those things are really annoying. I've had them my whole life .

( By the way, is your real name Tammy, or just Tam ? I really like that name .)

Hi there Nicole -- Nice to meet you if I haven't before .I'm sorry if we met and I just don't remember. I've been MIA off & on for awhile,so it's taking me awhile to get back into the groove of things .

What quilt-ghan are you working on,and what colors ?

I don't think we have formally met either. It's a pleasure to meet you. :hook

I'm not working on a quilt ghan at the moment. I started posting on this thread when I decided to make the "Make A Joyful Noise" quilt ghan. I've had some technical difficulties with it though. I have a baby nine patch in purple, green and white that's been put on hold until some gifts are done.

Hi, everyone. I got out of the house to run errands today. The first time in a week. The cold air sure made my cough worse but it's calming down now that I'm home. I went to the bank, to church, to the doctor's office to pick up some meds, paid my car insurance, picked up a new cartridge for the printer, got gas, and picked up gas, groceries, meds, material, etc. at WalMart. I finished a book and read another one yesterday. My energy level is completely shot, but I think I've turned the corner on the bronchitis.

Nice to see you here, Julie. We've missed you.

Nicole, take care of yourself. Sounds like that was a pretty nasty bug you had.

Nicole

It's a pleasure to meet you too. I like your term " technical difficulties ". A lot of my projects have those too ! I am ALMOST tempted to make another quilt-ghan, but can't get overly tied down with lots of projects at the same time or I don't finish them,so i'm trying to take it slower .

Linda-- boy, it sounds like you had a doozy of an illness there. I bet that DID wear you out today when you had so many things to catch up on. All them stops,in and out all day would tire you . But I know it's easy to get behind on things if you miss doing them for awhile. hopefully you got all of it caught up now, so you can rest again .

Archived