Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

I'm going to be designing and crocheting a sweater for the Olympics. :scared Which means sweater designed and pattern written and sweater crocheted in that time limit. OMy... saying that out loud just scared me.:faint

I totally need a :mug refill!

then need to find more yarn for this quilt'ghan! :think hmm... stash diving time!

btw.......... I like the pink/purple granny!!! :hook

:heart

:mug

Have you ever designed before?I would not be able to do that...i can see them in my head but they never come out right when crocheted....cant wait to see that??

I love those squares (ok, not the color so much, but that's ok hehehe).

I personally have always stunk at creating a split square like that - how did you get yours so nice... do you carry the yarn through as you crochet with 1 color or ????? To be honest I had a couple epic fails and really haven't given thought to it until I saw your gorgeously crocheted squares.

No i don't carry....I do the 3 dc then pick up the new color and chain 1,3 dc and drop the old color to be picked up on the way back around,hope that helps...im not very good at explaining things...im better at showing.

Practice,practice.

Evil? Me? :lol:devil Tam's idea sounds good...if your goal is to make the squares without joining, maybe it won't be so overwhelming. :think I love the look of both squares, but am partial to the regular granny. :hook

DH will be home later today, so time for a trip to the grocery store. Have a good morning!

I'mstill thinking about rather to try and do the whole thing or just so many squares....i love the granny best too!

:cheerYay for hubby coming home :cheer

Well, I work full time so my first thought was, "No way!" But if you don't I think it's do-able.

Hi Nicole!!

I'm agoraphobic and allergic to a lot of the meds most take and i got so sick of trying new ones just to be let down or made worse,so i learned to deal on my own and even though I only leave the house about twice a year I'm happy with not to many problems now!!So what im saying is i have lots of time :lol

Hi Linda!!

Has anyone heard from Cara?Is she ok?

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:clap

Hello ladies, this will be a "drive by" posting. We are in Tucson. Delivered the indian blanket to my brothers, they loved it. :cheer Made me very pleased. Thanks again to all of you for the kind complements.:manyheart

So, as I was gathering stuff together to pack for this trip, I was rummaging around in the closet in DH's man cave. To my horror, guess what I find in the corner on the floor of the closet? Another WIP :eek that I had completely forgotten about. It is a baby afghan in hairpin lace, one strip still on the fork. It is in rainbow colors. OMG, it was like running into an old friend. I got such a warm, fuzzy feeling seeing it again. So, I definitly need to finish it before it get's stuck in the corner again.

We are enjoying our time here. Hope you all are staying dry and warm. Weather is cold, windy, rainy and more on the way. Dang! We were looking forward to some warm, cozy, Tucson sunshine. Spending a few more days then back home. It sure is nice to catch up with loved ones. It's been way too long since we last visited.

TTYL:hook

You know Shay... I have designed before. But this challenge is going to be design..written pattern and project all complete in a time limit.

I have a bad habit of making something and either not writting the pattern.. or only getting part of the pattern written. I want this to be DONE and COMPLETE so that I can try and get it published. Thats the real goal.

Oh Diane........ cant wait to see your treasure find! Although its a bummer sometimes for me to not finish a project... its so much fun to find it again and become reaquainted! :U

Good Morning, all. :) Everyone sounds busy and happy!

Diane ~ So glad you're enjoying your visit with family. And finding a WIP can be fun...looking forward to more pictures. :yes

Tam ~ We're proud of you for designing and making your own pattern. :clap That will be a wonderful accomplishment for the games!

Linda ~ Three more baby quilts! :cheer When do they need to be finished?

Hi Nicole! Happy Friday. :D

Shay ~ Have you made a decision for your challenge yet? We make good cheerleaders. :hook

I've been working on the Stitch Sampler while it's still cool...and hope to finally finish this WIP. :blush My drs. appointment is at 10:00 and his office is very close to Hobby Lobby and JoAnn's. :yarn:)

post-18634-135897498098_thumb.gif

How is everyone this morning?

have any fun plans for the weekend?

We have basketball games with the two younger ones ... I love watching them play!

I have my quilt'ghan in my travel bag for the weekend! I can work on it while riding in the van to games... church.. and the store. :hook

have a Fabulous Friday everyone!

I've been working on the Stitch Sampler while it's still cool...and hope to finally finish this WIP. :blush My drs. appointment is at 10:00 and his office is very close to Hobby Lobby and JoAnn's. :yarn:)

Oh, Mary. Do I see yarn buying in your future? Good luck at the doctor.

It's overcast here today but no rain. Yeah!

I'm working on the baby quilts for the January Charity CAL so I'll see how many I can get done by next Tuesday night. I'm also working on a knitted helmet liner for John and Kim's DIL who is stationed in Afghanistan this year. I MUCH prefer crocheting to knitting. :hook

I've earned the right to make three more saltines for the dragon ghan which will give me three full blocks. :yay I'll take a picture in a bit.

Good morning ladies,

It is cold :wbrr rainy and gloomy grey this a.m. My Addie is getting to know her cousins, Monkey and Frappie (both are rescue dogs) and they are having a grand time together.

Linda-looking forward to seeing pics of those blocks. Bet it's going to be spectacular. Congrats on the continued weight loss. :cheer

Mary-being that close to a source for yarn would be the only reason I would look forward to going to the doctor. What a "good girl" treat.

Nicole-after I get back home I will work up a couple more blocks for you before I put the stash away after finishing the Indian Blanket. Any preference to color? There's so many to choose from.

We are going to go shopping today. Where? I haven't a clue...but it's a mall so it doesn't matter. You have no idea how exciting that is to me. We live in such a small town, 1 grocery store and only got our first drug store, Walgreens, last year. We have just a couple of thrift stores, a dollar store, McDonalds, taco bell/KFC combo and that's it. Nowhere to buy clothes, household stuff, and especially yarn, hence my love of online shopping. Especially Herrschners, Annie's and JoAnns. I will be like a kid in a candy store. :woo

I hope you all have a great weekend. We will be back on the road Sunday so don't know if I will be back here until after I get home.

Happy crocheting, TTYL :hook

Here is the picture of the dragon quiltghan. The light wasn't so good so it's a little dark, but it will give you a bit of an idea.

Mary, reporting 48 solid squares. :D

post-9295-135897498408_thumb.jpg

Here is the picture of the dragon quiltghan. The light wasn't so good so it's a little dark, but it will give you a bit of an idea.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooo...... lookie there!

thats gonna be neat! I love being able to see the real colors now!

Very Nice!

'Evening, Ladies. :)

[ATTACH]15540[/ATTACH]

How is everyone this morning?

have any fun plans for the weekend?

We have basketball games with the two younger ones ... I love watching them play!

I have my quilt'ghan in my travel bag for the weekend! I can work on it while riding in the van to games... church.. and the store. :hook

have a Fabulous Friday everyone!

You sound like one busy mom! How old are the kids? My one and only is 35...but I remember loving the tennis tournaments and ballet classes. Our house was where all her friends spent their time. :manyheart

Good morning ladies,

It is cold :wbrr rainy and gloomy grey this a.m. My Addie is getting to know her cousins, Monkey and Frappie (both are rescue dogs) and they are having a grand time together.

Linda-looking forward to seeing pics of those blocks. Bet it's going to be spectacular. Congrats on the continued weight loss. :cheer

Mary-being that close to a source for yarn would be the only reason I would look forward to going to the doctor. What a "good girl" treat.

Nicole-after I get back home I will work up a couple more blocks for you before I put the stash away after finishing the Indian Blanket. Any preference to color? There's so many to choose from.

We are going to go shopping today. Where? I haven't a clue...but it's a mall so it doesn't matter. You have no idea how exciting that is to me. We live in such a small town, 1 grocery store and only got our first drug store, Walgreens, last year. We have just a couple of thrift stores, a dollar store, McDonalds, taco bell/KFC combo and that's it. Nowhere to buy clothes, household stuff, and especially yarn, hence my love of online shopping. Especially Herrschners, Annie's and JoAnns. I will be like a kid in a candy store. :woo

I hope you all have a great weekend. We will be back on the road Sunday so don't know if I will be back here until after I get home.

Happy crocheting, TTYL :hook

So glad you're having a good trip! I hope you have had fun shopping. :yes

Yay! My job as scorekeeper has been slow lately. ;) I've added your squares and the colors are wonderful! :hook

My Doctor's appt. went well and I never made it to a yarn store. DD called me as I was leaving the Doctor's and we met for lunch and went to look at baby things. :c9 My favorite kind of day. :D

See you all tomorrow. :manyheart

'Evening, Ladies. :)

You sound like one busy mom! How old are the kids? My one and only is 35...but I remember loving the tennis tournaments and ballet classes. Our house was where all her friends spent their time. :manyheart

My Doctor's appt. went well and I never made it to a yarn store. DD called me as I was leaving the Doctor's and we met for lunch and went to look at baby things. :c9 My favorite kind of day. :D

See you all tomorrow. :manyheart

My younger ones that are still home are 9...11... and 13. I have 3 older ones that are married and have kids of their own.

So I have 6 babies... and 7 grandbabies :c9

The 9 and 11 year old have started basketball ... while the 13 year old just got done with basketball but is starting Wrestling ... so they keep me busy. Then will come Track .... and then Baseball............... :yay

Hey... Lunch with your daughter and baby shopping is definately a good day!!! :U

Evening Ladies :hug

Just checking in....still haven't decided what to do yet but i think im going to go with something smaller so i don't ware myself out because i also joined the Ravelry Olympics for the WIPs last week....yes Miss Tammy its for the"Hip To Be Square"....i really like it and couldn't bring myself to rip it out....I had 2 sets of blocks done when i but it down so now i have to wait to work on it...but on the bright side i did get 17 blocks done for the Cassa today....still might do so many the the games.

Hope everyone had a great day.....glad you got to spend time with you DD Mary.

Mary these squares im doing aren't saltine size so i wasn't sure if i should count them....will leave that up to you!!Its fine with me either way.

Linda those colors a very pretty,cant wait to see more :cheer

Just checking in....still haven't decided what to do yet but i think im going to go with something smaller so i don't ware myself out because i also joined the Ravelry Olympics for the WIPs last week....yes Miss Tammy its for the"Hip To Be Square"....i really like it and couldn't bring myself to rip it out....I had 2 sets of blocks done when i but it down so now i have to wait to work on it...but on the bright side i did get 17 blocks done for the Cassa today....still might do so many the the games.

Mary these squares im doing aren't saltine size so i wasn't sure if i should count them....will leave that up to you!!Its fine with me either way.

:yay I'm so glad you are going to keep doing the "Hip to be Square" afghan!

I'm on my 5th set of blocks...

post-18634-135897498489_thumb.jpg

When I get this one done I'm going to get yarn to start on the Rambling Rows 'ghan!

How far are you on yours? I'm not even sure of the colors I want to use yet!

I'm about half done with the squares for this Panda quilt'ghan.... :whew

I need to get that thing DONE... I think its starting to haunt me....LOL

[ATTACH]15575[/ATTACH]

When I get this one done I'm going to get yarn to start on the Rambling Rows 'ghan!

Wow you are moving right along...its so pretty in that color to.

Yep im going to get mine done...I PMed Amy to see if we can have one team for knitters because i like it better here and this is where my friends are so we will see what she says.

I'm on block 3 on my Rambling Rows and so far i am loving it...maybe if you go through the ones on Ravelry you can get an idea of what colors to use on yours.

Wow you are moving right along...its so pretty in that color to.

Yep im going to get mine done...I PMed Amy to see if we can have one team for knitters because i like it better here and this is where my friends are so we will see what she says.

I'm on block 3 on my Rambling Rows and so far i am loving it...maybe if you go through the ones on Ravelry you can get an idea of what colors to use on yours.

:DThanks!

This afghan is so easy... which is what I need after Christmas! LOL

My brain was DONE. I'm feeling like I can breathe again!

I'm anxious to start the Rambling Rows. It looks like a fun "puzzle piece" afghan.

I have a couple color selection in mind... but not sure which.... or if those are it. :think

Have you posted any pictures of your progress on Rambling Rows? Or on Hip to be square for that matter?

:eek my coffee cup is empty................... gotta go. :hug

Tammy

No new photos yet...i need to do that :think still learning the new camera.I need to go make me some coffee to...just cant seem to wake up today!!

I got 14 more square done and im really liking the colors together...I noticed last night that most of them are Bi-Color but its going pretty fast....then i had to make 8 of them that only had one corner another color so that took some playing around to get them right but i think they turned out good...will try to get some photos of them to!!

Happy Saturday, everyone. :)

Hi Shay! I'm confused. :lol (nothing new for me ;)) Are you reporting 17 saltines for the Casa? Are they solids or bi-color? I guess we'd better stick to saltines just because we've always done it that way. :think

[ATTACH]15575[/ATTACH]

It's beautiful, Tam! :clap So many here are knitters, too. I took classes years ago and just got too frustrated. :lol

Tammy

No new photos yet...i need to do that :think still learning the new camera.I need to go make me some coffee to...just cant seem to wake up today!!

I got 14 more square done and im really liking the colors together...I noticed last night that most of them are Bi-Color but its going pretty fast....then i had to make 8 of them that only had one corner another color so that took some playing around to get them right but i think they turned out good...will try to get some photos of them to!!

Wow... look at you go.

so lets see... you had 17 done... and now an additional 14?

how many do you need again in total?

You keep this up... you'll have it done before the games!!! :hook

Happy Saturday, everyone. :)

It's beautiful, Tam! :clap So many here are knitters, too. I took classes years ago and just got too frustrated. :lol

Thank you! My Aunt taught me to knit and crochet when I was 7. I think I crochet more than knit... but I enjoy both!

Tammy....Thats what my DH said last night....I need 266 all together...I'm going to sew together what i have done tonight...cant wait any longer to see some together :clap

Judy...Hope all is well with you....what are you working on now??

Tammy....Thats what my DH said last night....I need 266 all together...I'm going to sew together what i have done tonight...cant wait any longer to see some together :clap

Judy...Hope all is well with you....what are you working on now??

:yay.............. cant wait to see how its looking!!!!

didnt get much crochet/knitting time in today. Boys had basketball games. I'm going to work on my afghan tonight now... whew!

:yay.............. cant wait to see how its looking!!!!

didnt get much crochet/knitting time in today. Boys had basketball games. I'm going to work on my afghan tonight now... whew!

I got most of them sewed together...will do the rest tommorw and get a photo...cant believe how good it looks.I remember when mine were still young,going to school things was so tiring....i only have one left at home now and hes 13 and home-schooled...we play a lot of Wii...well he plays and i watch...hes working on Zelda now.

Oh...i ripped out the last square on my Rambling Rows,that color did not go good...now i have to order the color i want because they don't have it at the store,DH looked for me :( I should get more squares made anyway!!

I got most of them sewed together...will do the rest tommorw and get a photo...cant believe how good it looks.I remember when mine were still young,going to school things was so tiring....i only have one left at home now and hes 13 and home-schooled...we play a lot of Wii...well he plays and i watch...hes working on Zelda now.

Oh...i ripped out the last square on my Rambling Rows,that color did not go good...now i have to order the color i want because they don't have it at the store,DH looked for me :( I should get more squares made anyway!!

Cant wait to see!

Hubby and I ended up in two differnt places yesterday! I went one way with one of the boys... he with the other with the other two boys. We ended up meeting back at home later. A basketball tournament (for the 11yr old).. a basketball game (for the 9yr old) and a basketball 'end of season' party (for the 13yr old)..... :whew

Wrestling starts for the 13yr old Monday! Then it will be track season.. then Baseball season for all three.

Just wait till the 7 grandbabies all start sports.................. :eek

Aww man............ I'm sorry to hear you had to frog your 'ghan. But with all that work..... you definately want the right colors.

But ... you do have some good time to work on your quilt'ghan while you wait for the yarn to come in. :hook

Okay.... off for a :mug refill and get the church bulletin done.

Have a GREAT day!

Archived