Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Picture time!

The Round Ripple is Aggie May's pattern made with Vanna's Choice yarn in Linen, Taupe and Taupe Mist.

The baby ghan is from A Year of Baby Afghans Book 4 made with TLC Cotton Plus in Light Blue. :c9

Wow! Those are beautiful afghans, Mary. Congratulations on finishing them. It did not seem to take you that long to make the animal afghan, but it is so impressive. Are you altering the colors on Just Ducky #3?

...this may be my last post here...i'm about to speak out and end up being banned from here...anyway, if Nicole or anyone wants to get in touch with me and I'm no longer around I already gave you my email addy. Feel free to share it.

"Talk" soon....:hug:manyheart

Hope so! :hug

Baby Luke is doing just fine! He weighs about 2 1/2 pounds now and is definitely active. :c9 It was wonderful to see the little guy this a.m. :)

I forgot to mention yesterday, that I LOOOOOOVE the name 'Luke.' It was the top name on our list, had Annika been a boy :lol

Hi, Val ~ I hope your work schedule really does slow down. Good to see you in this New Year.

I bought the yarn for my dragon quiltghan this afternoon. RHSS in Turqua for the sky, Hunter green for the trees, Grey Heather for the rock, and Amythyst, Lavender, and Black for the dragon. I'm using this for the Weight Loss CAL and I get to make 2 saltines for every quarter pound lost, and 1 saltine for each day I keep a food journal, and 1 saltine for every ten minutes of exercise.

Best of luck with the weight loss and your fabulousDragon 'ghan. I cannot wait to see your progress. I used the RH Grey Heather for the first time last spring, when I was making the Bus & Big Rig quiltghan, and I just loved working with it. All of your colors look so nice together. Good luck :cheer

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:manyheart Thank you all for the compliments. :) I think the animals pattern is a keeper...the center looks a little off in the pic, but this yarn is really squishy. :lol

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. :yes

Thanks for all the well wishes on the diet and weight loss. We'll see how I did tomorrow morning, as that's when most of us are doing our weigh ins. I've managed to keep a food log every day this week, so I'll have at least 7 squares for next Friday's picture. Exercise hasn't been on the list yet, but I know that's got to be part of it, too.

My current avatar was the inspiration for the dragon quiltghan. I pulled it up in my paintshop program and blocked it and then simplified it a whole lot.

Hi Linda~You are doing great on the weight loss program! :clap Wow! Seeing your avatar and what you were able to do when developing the pattern is wonderful. I'd have to look back to see...any 4 color squares in this one? ;):devil I still have your instructions for those and haven't attempted them yet. :hook

hey all.. on this thread, MAN do i ever got to get back motivated to make my ATW blanket, between work and kids and UGGGGG. well guess now that i share the pc with hubby till my sick pc' is fixed its will gimme time rite? Hmmmmm

Good morning! It rained all day yesterday and all night, but it has stopped at least for the moment. It's very gray and foggy now. I lost 4 1/2 pounds last week. :jumpyay Color me happy. I get to do lots of crocheting on the dragon quiltghan this week! I should have a good bit to show you all come Friday.

Good Morning, Ladies. :)

Nope, no 4-color squares this time. It's mostly solid squares with a few bi-color squares for variety.

Oh good! ;) It will go much faster this way. :D It's going to be so cool. :yes

Wow Mary...Those are beautiful....i love the colors you used on the RR.

Linda...cant wait to see your dragon come together.

Thank you, Shay. :manyheart What are you working on now?

hey all.. on this thread, MAN do i ever got to get back motivated to make my ATW blanket, between work and kids and UGGGGG. well guess now that i share the pc with hubby till my sick pc' is fixed its will gimme time rite? Hmmmmm

Hi! We're here if you need motivation. :hook

Good morning! It rained all day yesterday and all night, but it has stopped at least for the moment. It's very gray and foggy now. I lost 4 1/2 pounds last week. :jumpyay Color me happy. I get to do lots of crocheting on the dragon quiltghan this week! I should have a good bit to show you all come Friday.

:clap Congratulations! Way to go on a great week. :yay

Last night I finished a scarf that was started before Christmas. Now the plan is to work on little squares and a WIP (or two.) :lol

Have a great day!

I've got enough saltines crocheted to make the first block of the dragon ghan. Of course, the blocks are 4 by 4, but that's okay. It splits the pattern up evenly. :lol :lol :lol

Picture time!

The Round Ripple is Aggie May's pattern made with Vanna's Choice yarn in Linen, Taupe and Taupe Mist.

The baby ghan is from A Year of Baby Afghans Book 4 made with TLC Cotton Plus in Light Blue. :c9

Those are beautiful afghans! The animal one is fabulous!! I've been so anxious to see it...you did an amazing job.

We'll help you!!! :cheer

I've got enough saltines crocheted to make the first block of the dragon ghan. Of course, the blocks are 4 by 4, but that's okay. It splits the pattern up evenly. :lol :lol :lol

Wow, you're quick. I'm still not very good at making those darn, little squares. :angry

Yay for getting started!:cheer

Those are beautiful afghans! The animal one is fabulous!! I've been so anxious to see it...you did an amazing job.

Thank you, Nicole. :manyheart

Okay, here is the pattern for the dragon ghan in the colors I've chosen. I like purple. Can you tell?

It's wonderful! The colors are perfect. :hook

Our phones (and my DSL) just quit working after I posted earlier. :( AT&T said it would be Wednesday before they can come out.:yell I have a cell phone...DH is leaving town tomorrow and we're going to see if we can hook mine up to his high speed while he's gone. It should work with just the ethernet cord. Otherwise, I will be in serious 'Ville withdrawal. :(

Our phones (and my DSL) just quit working after I posted earlier. :( AT&T said it would be Wednesday before they can come out.:yell I have a cell phone...DH is leaving town tomorrow and we're going to see if we can hook mine up to his high speed while he's gone. It should work with just the ethernet cord. Otherwise, I will be in serious 'Ville withdrawal. :(

Oh, no!!!!!!!!

:clap

Hello Ladies,

Computer has been on the fritz, :thair I had so much to read to get caught up.

Mary, loved the animal ghan, I have the pattern too and have been eyeballing it. Yours turned out great. Also love the RR. I haven't tried one yet, but I think I have 2 looming out there on the horizon for Christmas gifts.

Nicole, hope Cooper is adjusted now. Sorry to hear he was sick. My little Addie has a small growth on left hind leg. Vet says nothing serious, just watching it for now. But you just can't help but worry when the fur babies are sick. :hug

Linda, can't wait to see your Tree of Life. I hadn't even thought about doing it in thread. That's an idea for a cousin of mine in Waco. Her and I are doing genealogy research. I just received my yarn for the CAL, but haven't started it yet. I'm in the middle of a table runner for my sister. It's 14 X 40.

Dusti, hope you're feeling better and that all remnants of the cold are gone. How are the socks coming? It's been years since I made socks (knitted). I would love to try a crochet pattern but my legs are so fat don't know if they have a pattern for "wide glides". :lol

Heather, your geo quilt looks wonderful. Have you decided to keep it?

Linda (again) Hope John is recovering nicely and that he doesn't overdo. I'm sure you will be happy to be back on a "normal" schedule. Looking forward to seeing your dragon ghan.

Has anyone heard from Cara? Haven't seen her around. Hope all is well.

The only good thing about the computer being sick was that I got lots of crochet time. Will post pics tomorrow of my latest project.

To my new found crochet pals, hope that 2010 is off to a good start for you.:hook

Hi, Diane. :hi My biggest worry about John is that he'll push too hard and do too much too soon. I'll have a picture of the beginning of the dragon ghan on Friday. One 4 by 4 block is done and half the squares for the next one crocheted. I hope to have 3 done by Friday. I now remember why I don't usually use black in my patterns. It is SUCH a PAIN to work with. I just can't see what I'm doing unless I take my glasses off and have it right up by my nose.

Hi, Milo. :hi Welcome to Crochetville! :welcome Want to come and play with us? These patterns are really fun to do. Watching them come to life is really neat.

We finally have some sunshine after two days of nothing but rain. Yeah!

:clap Good morning ladies.

Linda, I agree, black can be difficult to work with, I need really good light when using it.

Here are pictures of my latest project. An afghan for my brother who lives in Tucson. This is an old Annie's Quilt Club pattern. Called Indian Blanket, and it is quite big. It is on a queen size bed. Pattern says 62 x 78 1/2, think mine is slightly bigger. Took about 5 weeks to complete. All sc in the back loop. Cut thread on every row. (Dang, more of those bloody ends to tuck in). Worked from a graph. Loved doing it.

post-33556-135897497283_thumb.jpg

post-33556-135897497286_thumb.jpg

post-33556-135897497291_thumb.jpg

post-33556-135897497294_thumb.jpg

Okay, here is the pattern for the dragon ghan in the colors I've chosen. I like purple. Can you tell?

Your pattern is stunning, and I am anxious for Friday to arrive, so we can see the start of your latest afghan.

Sure Hope you and DH were able to figure out your Internet connection options before he left this morning! If not, we will catch up with you in a couple of days. Have fun crocheting in your new-found spare time ;).

Dusti, hope you're feeling better and that all remnants of the cold are gone. How are the socks coming? It's been years since I made socks (knitted). I would love to try a crochet pattern but my legs are so fat don't know if they have a pattern for "wide glides". :lol

The only good thing about the computer being sick was that I got lots of crochet time. Will post pics tomorrow of my latest project.

To my new found crochet pals, hope that 2010 is off to a good start for you.:hook

Hi Diane:hi Happy New Year wishes to you, too! I sure hope your computer has shook out whatever bugs were giving it fits, so that you can chat with us more often.

Oh goodie -- more pictures from your neck of the woods. I am always blown away by your unique afghans :yes

Thanks for asking about my sock. I am pretty happy with it. After I finish this one's mate, I want to try a pattern that involves a bit of measuring, but is supposed to create a custom-fit sock. Seems as though it could work for all of us...stay tuned, I will let you know.

I am attaching a photo of my finished sock. Yes, there is something a little funky going on in the heel area, but it fits and feels good, so I hope I can duplicate the interesting wrinkles the second time around :lol. Next time, I think I will make a taller cuff, as I like to roll mine down a turn or two, but this is a minor issue at this point. The second picture I attached is of the tube socks I whipped up for my youngest in an afternoon -- DC stitches where her heel fits and a squared-off toe are less-than-fancy, but she likes the pink and purple stripes :)

Kiddos are home from school today, but they are playing outside on the gigantic mountain of snow DH has plowed into a sliding hill. I am very content watching from my cozy bay window seat. DH is out of town this week for work, but the girls and I had a good weekend. A 500-mile snowmobile race wrapped up by passing through our township, so we joined our neighbors in supporting a couple of local drivers. It was a (relatively) pleasant week for them to run the race, and it there was a fun sense of community, as we shared a potluck meal and the girls played with other children in the snowbanks along the side of the race course, as we were waiting for racers to pass. They were tuckered-out by the time bed-time rolled around, and it was easy to tuck them in by myself after cocoa and a few chapters of our latest book. Then, I sat down with my yarn and worked on a cowl sweater I am making for myself.

Hope you all have a good week! :manyheart

post-20536-135897497275_thumb.jpg

post-20536-135897497279_thumb.jpg

Ooooh, Dusti, I likee these socks. I have so much residual damage to my legs from when I was in the hospital, I tend to wear ankle socks, any higher and they seem to cut into the tree stumps I call legs. I will be anxiously awaiting the end results on your socks.

The snowmobile race sounds like fun. Makes me think back, oh, about 25 years ago, we were stationed in northern Calif. Unbeknownst to us, our house was a required stop on a road rally race. We had so many people driving in our driveway and turning around, or stopping out front like they were casing the joint.....couldn't figure out why. DH was ready to call the cops, went out to confront the latest "visitor", who informed us of what was happening. So, what started out scary turned in to fun as we interacted with the racers after that.

We are gloomy and rainy this a.m. Addie is in my lap, pouting cause she can't go out.

Looks like laundry ahead for me today...then back to my table runner.

Have a good day everyone :yes

Linda, I agree, black can be difficult to work with, I need really good light when using it.

Here are pictures of my latest project. An afghan for my brother who lives in Tucson. This is an old Annie's Quilt Club pattern. Called Indian Blanket, and it is quite big. It is on a queen size bed. Pattern says 62 x 78 1/2, think mine is slightly bigger. Took about 5 weeks to complete. All sc in the back loop. Cut thread on every row. (Dang, more of those bloody ends to tuck in). Worked from a graph. Loved doing it.

Wow that is gorgeous

Stunning! I love working from graphs, too. I hate the ends though. Others here have tried to convince me that it's "zen-like", but I just can't agree. :lol

Your pattern is stunning, and I am anxious for Friday to arrive, so we can see the start of your latest afghan.

Sure Hope you and DH were able to figure out your Internet connection options before he left this morning! If not, we will catch up with you in a couple of days. Have fun crocheting in your new-found spare time ;).

Hi Diane:hi Happy New Year wishes to you, too! I sure hope your computer has shook out whatever bugs were giving it fits, so that you can chat with us more often.

Oh goodie -- more pictures from your neck of the woods. I am always blown away by your unique afghans :yes

Thanks for asking about my sock. I am pretty happy with it. After I finish this one's mate, I want to try a pattern that involves a bit of measuring, but is supposed to create a custom-fit sock. Seems as though it could work for all of us...stay tuned, I will let you know.

I am attaching a photo of my finished sock. Yes, there is something a little funky going on in the heel area, but it fits and feels good, so I hope I can duplicate the interesting wrinkles the second time around :lol. Next time, I think I will make a taller cuff, as I like to roll mine down a turn or two, but this is a minor issue at this point. The second picture I attached is of the tube socks I whipped up for my youngest in an afternoon -- DC stitches where her heel fits and a squared-off toe are less-than-fancy, but she likes the pink and purple stripes :)

Kiddos are home from school today, but they are playing outside on the gigantic mountain of snow DH has plowed into a sliding hill. I am very content watching from my cozy bay window seat. DH is out of town this week for work, but the girls and I had a good weekend. A 500-mile snowmobile race wrapped up by passing through our township, so we joined our neighbors in supporting a couple of local drivers. It was a (relatively) pleasant week for them to run the race, and it there was a fun sense of community, as we shared a potluck meal and the girls played with other children in the snowbanks along the side of the race course, as we were waiting for racers to pass. They were tuckered-out by the time bed-time rolled around, and it was easy to tuck them in by myself after cocoa and a few chapters of our latest book. Then, I sat down with my yarn and worked on a cowl sweater I am making for myself.

Hope you all have a good week! :manyheart

The socks look great! Sounds like the girls are having a lot of fun. I love playing in the snow. :yes

:hi everyone

Linda, your new design looks awesome. :yes

Diane, wow, lovely afghan. :hook

Hello!!

I've been working on a lot of Tunisian stuff lately. I have posted pictures of a scarf and a dishcloth I've made. I'm almost finished with a different scarf (February 2010 scarf) and a basketweave dishcloth. I'll post those when they are done. Thanks for looking! :manyheart

post-28827-135897497463_thumb.jpg

post-28827-135897497465_thumb.jpg

Archived