Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

That's great, Tam.

I put together a top for a baby quilt and a helmet liner for the charity cal this month. Thought you might like to see them. Once I'm feeling a bit better I'll get the quilt put together.

That quilt is AWESOME!

and wow... what a nice helmet liner!!

you do such beautiful work!!!

:heart

:mug

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, gals! I just wanted to stop by and say, "Hello!" I've been reading the posts, but I've been pretty sick. I have some kind of stomach bug. I don't remember ever being this sick. I stayed home from work yesterday. I went in this morning, but only made it about an hour and half before having to leave. Now I'm lounging on the couch trying to rest. Hopefully I'll kick this bug today and be around more tomorrow.

Linda - I hope you and Kim are feeling better. I love the projects.

Tam - That little dude is so cute.

Shaylen - I hope the e-mail is working properly now.

Mary - :hi

Sorry if I missed anyone. I'm trying to post from memory and it's not working very well right now.

Hi, gals! I just wanted to stop by and say, "Hello!" I've been reading the posts, but I've been pretty sick. I have some kind of stomach bug. I don't remember ever being this sick. I stayed home from work yesterday. I went in this morning, but only made it about an hour and half before having to leave. Now I'm lounging on the couch trying to rest. Hopefully I'll kick this bug today and be around more tomorrow.

Linda - I hope you and Kim are feeling better. I love the projects.

Tam - That little dude is so cute.

Shaylen - I hope the e-mail is working properly now.

Mary - :hi

Sorry if I missed anyone. I'm trying to post from memory and it's not working very well right now.

Oh Nicole............. I'm so sorry you were sick!!

Feel better REAL SOON! :hug

Happy Wednesday, Ladies. :)

Linda ~ Your quilt top and helmet liner are wonderful! :clap I'm glad you and Kim can stay in for a few days...and hope you're both feeling lots better soon. :hug

Hi Tam ~ Your son's doll is great. :cheer Please tell him we're proud of his work! I always enjoyed working on projects with DD. :manyheart

Nicole ~ So sorry you've been sick. :( I hope you're able to rest and that the bug goes away quickly.:hug

The phone guy was here from 8:30 til 10:30 fixing everything the last guy messed up. :ohdear Other than my DSL and one phone jack, he somehow disconnected everything else. We didn't discover it until the day after he was here when I tried to use an upstairs phone. It's cloudy and misting...I'm going to start a fire and crochet this afternoon. :hook

:snow Good Morning.................

Well... I havent made much progress on my quilt'ghan... only two solids.

My 9yr old has me sidetracked with helping him with a school project.

He has a report to do on Native American Indians. He has decided to craft his report. So he is making a doll and we are going to cook a dish together to share with the class.

He has done a great job on the doll so far.

He made the main head/body part... I did the legs and arms for him.

[ATTACH]15753[/ATTACH]

That is so cool Tammy that he can do that...very smart boy you have there.

That's great, Tam.

I put together a top for a baby quilt and a helmet liner for the charity cal this month. Thought you might like to see them. Once I'm feeling a bit better I'll get the quilt put together.

Love the quilt top Linda...was the helmet liner hard to make?

I'm sorry you are sick Nicole :hug....hope you feel better soon...I hate winter just because i seem to catch everything that goes around.

Amy verified the email for me by hand but im still not getting emails to let me know when someone posts :angry

The phone guy was here from 8:30 til 10:30 fixing everything the last guy messed up. :ohdear Other than my DSL and one phone jack, he somehow disconnected everything else. We didn't discover it until the day after he was here when I tried to use an upstairs phone. It's cloudy and misting...I'm going to start a fire and crochet this afternoon. :hook

Yes a nice warm fire and a crochet hook with yarn will make everything all better.They are calling for us to get ice and sleet tonight and tomorrow so i think i will do the same thing.

HELP!!!!

So here is what i have done so far but im not sure i like the buff....so what do you ladies think?Should i keep the buff and finish sewing what i have made or should i change to off white??At this point im thinking off white!!

post-3370-135897499551_thumb.jpg

Shay, it's lovely! I think the off-white or winter white would make it "pop" a little more, but the buff is just fine. :hook Either way, it's going to be gorgeous. :yes

Im thinking the off white to....like you i just think it will make it pop more...the buff to me just makes it look king of dull i think....thanks for the help!!

Where do they get some of the guys they send out to do things? Sounds like the first one was a ding-bat.

HELP!!!!

So here is what i have done so far but im not sure i like the buff....so what do you ladies think?Should i keep the buff and finish sewing what i have made or should i change to off white??At this point im thinking off white!!

Hi, Shay. I think it's gorgeous as is, but then I tend to shy away from the whites because they show dirt so darn fast.

HELP!!!!

you know... off white would be pretty......... but I'm not totally against the buff color you have going!

It sure is pretty........... The larger squares are cool!!!

Hi Ladies. :) The day is almost over and I just realized I hadn't posted yet! :think Miss Gracie woke me up at 5 and after she went outside, I put her on the bed and said "Good Night, Gracie." The little cutie actually curled up next to me and was quiet for an hour. We've tried it before and all she's done is play. :lol She's so short, she can't get on the bed by herself, but can get on the couch with no problem. Then it was back to the Dr. for labs, a haircut and cleaning.

Dusti ~ Just wondering...did you make the second sock? ;) And were you able to match the wrinkle? :D I hope your DH has made it to and from work okay.

How cute! Gracie really is growing up, isn't she? Five o'clock seems a little early to play...next, she needs to learn to read a clock ;)

It is funny that you asked about my sock, as I just spent 2 hours working on it :clap I went in to town to attend a luncheon at the girls' school, and once the tables were cleared, there was not enough time to bother driving home before I would have had to turn the car around and return to school for the dismissal bell, so I picked up a cup of coffee at a new shop and worked on my sock. I was able to finish the toe, the main 'foot' part, and I just attached the 28 Foundation Single Crochet stitches that make up the heel opening. All that is left is the ankle, cuff and heel. No problem :lol I think I could get to it over the weekend, and then I will have a pair to photograph (and wear) :yay.

DH did not have to rely on his snowmobile the other day to get into work. The road crew did a great job over the course of the day, yesterday, and neither of us had any problem driving in, today. Of course, the winds are picking up, again, and the loose snow is on the move, but I can drive around the drifts, as long as there is no new ice out there :drive

I hope you are able to have a few quiet, home-based days ahead in which to recuperate, Linda. Your quilt top and helmet liner are wonderful! What great projects you produce, despite feeling ill. Lots of OJ and rest in your future!

:snow Good Morning.................

Well... I havent made much progress on my quilt'ghan... only two solids.

My 9yr old has me sidetracked with helping him with a school project.

He has a report to do on Native American Indians. He has decided to craft his report. So he is making a doll and we are going to cook a dish together to share with the class.

He has done a great job on the doll so far.

He made the main head/body part... I did the legs and arms for him.

[ATTACH]15753[/ATTACH]

LOVE those project ideas, Tam! What a creative son you have! Sounds like something that would appeal to my oldest (8 yrs old). I am going to have to keep it in mind as she advances through school and is called on to complete larger projects. The doll looks really good, and your collaborative dish sounds like a great treat for your son's classmates. Hope it goes well.

So sorry to hear you have been feeling so lousy :hug Are you able to keep anything down, yet? A little food will help you get your energy back more quickly, too. Sending :mdust*get well* :mdust vibes your way

Sounds like a great/cozy plan! Did Gracie really let you crochet this afternoon?? Going out for a walk in shirt sleeves sounds positively wonderful. I hope you do not get the freezing drizzle you mentioned. I have yet to get my hands on any skeins of I Love This Yarn, but your endorsement of its quality floats around in the back of my mind, when I think about yarn shopping. I am, tentatively, planning a trip to Chicago this summer, and I will have my girl friend scope-out a Hobby Lobby before I get there, so I can pet some of the yarn and buy enough for a good "sample". Your RR sounds so cheerful and perfect for a child.

HELP!!!!

Oh dear, I am the last person to ask about color coordination. I just have no talent for that aspect of crocheting. I have a hard time imagining patterns in alternative colors, and I often turn and ask DH's opinion before I try to change-up colors :blush I rather like the muted tone of the buff in your project, but I can imagine how much brighter the overall look would be if you used the Off White. Do you have the time to change out the squares you have already made with the Buff? Good luck :crocheting

I just have no talent for that aspect of crocheting. I have a hard time imagining patterns in alternative colors, and I often turn and ask DH's opinion before I try to change-up colors :blush I rather like the muted tone of the buff in your project, but I can imagine how much brighter the overall look would be if you used the Off White. Do you have the time to change out the squares you have already made with the Buff? Good luck :crocheting

:lol Me either so i made my DH stand and look at it and tell me what he thought...he says buff because then it wont look so girlie on our bed because and I quote "I'm not a chick" :rofl so i guess im going to keep going with the buff.

Linda...oh round ripple queen :lol just a quick question...have you ever made one out of Lion Homespun?If so how did it hold up?I was thinking of using a K or J hook :think using this pattern

I have tons of it and my DH is tired of tripping over the bucket and bags so i think im going to do that for the Olympic Games and just keep going for all 16 days....just wasn't sure how it would hold up because if i do this it will be huge!!!

This is just some of it :eek

post-3370-13589749986_thumb.jpg

post-3370-135897499863_thumb.jpg

:lol Me either so i made my DH stand and look at it and tell me what he thought...he says buff because then it wont look so girlie on our bed because and I quote "I'm not a chick" :rofl so i guess im going to keep going with the buff.

That's a hoot!

Linda...oh round ripple queen :lol just a quick question...have you ever made one out of Lion Homespun?If so how did it hold up?I was thinking of using a K or J hook :think using this pattern

I have tons of it and my DH is tired of tripping over the bucket and bags so i think im going to do that for the Olympic Games and just keep going for all 16 days....just wasn't sure how it would hold up because if i do this it will be huge!!!

This is just some of it :eek

Shaylen, I've never used the Lion Homespun in a RR, but I see absolutely no reason it wouldn't hold up well as one. It's used in all kinds of wearables, so should be fine as a RR. That pattern with your collection of colors should work great and yield a beautiful RR. I wouldn't use anything less than a K hook with it and would probably even go up one more size if I were doing it. Sounds like a great Olympic Games piece. :yay

Just a quick post - DD and I are meeting for an early lunch. :D

Dusti ~ Yay for nearly finishing your socks! :clap Yes, Gracie is being such a good girl lately...it's almost scary. :lol

Shay ~ Your Casa will be stunning! And I googled RR images - there are several made with Homespun.:yes I think Judy has made some, too. :think

Hi Linda!

Have a good day. :manyheart

Another flyby - Linda, I'm so glad you and Kim are starting to feel better!:hug

Mary - yup, I've made RRs with Homespun - used 2 strands on one, if I remember correctly, and posted on the Van Gogh CAL quite a long time ago. The soft colors Homespun has are perfect for the pattern:c9

Dusti (I think it was you?) I did use a K hook with one strand of Homespun.

Hope everyone stays warm and cozy - we're getting Arctic air for the next several days....:P

Thanks Ladies for the help...i did as Mary said and googled and i have to say that i do love the look of the Homespun RR so i think that's what im going to do.That way i will have a nice throw and use some old stash and have a mindless project that will still let me watch the Games :yes

Mary - yup, I've made RRs with Homespun - used 2 strands on one, if I remember correctly, and posted on the Van Gogh CAL quite a long time ago. The soft colors Homespun has are perfect for the pattern:c9

Hope everyone stays warm and cozy - we're getting Arctic air for the next several days....:P

Judy i went to your blog and found yours...very pretty and you did use a K hook so i think that's what i will go with...thanks for the help!!

Hi Ladies. :) I've had my laptop unplugged for hours because of major thunderstorms...but we need the rain, so no complaints.

Shay ~ I love making round ripples and it will be a perfect project for the Games. :yes

Hi Judy. :manyheart

No crocheting today, but it was a great day anyway. DD and I had a wonderful lunch and a long visit. We talk every day, but never run out of things to talk about. :lol

Have a good evening!

:sun:snow Gooooooooooooood Morning all!

How is everyone this beautiful sunny/snowy morning?

The sky is clear... the sun is doing its best to peek out for the day.. and the temps are a lovely 6*.

I have two more saltines done... :whew. Seemed so hard to get any done this last couple weeks... with my 9yr old and his school project.

I posted a pic of his completed doll here.

He decided on no face for her... because he didnt think they would have had faces on their dolls then. He is so cute!

have a fabulous Friday everyone

Just a quick post - DD and I are meeting for an early lunch. :D

Dusti ~ Yay for nearly finishing your socks! :clap Yes, Gracie is being such a good girl lately...it's almost scary. :lol

Have a good day. :manyheart

What a fun day you must have had with DD. The two of you sound like my mum and me. I wish we lived closer, but we e-mail every day and chat on the weekends. Such a special bond :manyheart

Sock update: :check ankle and cuff. This morning, I get to work on the second heel. Wonder how it will turn out? :think

Judy ~:hi Good to see you. Now that you and Shay have piqued my interest in RRs with Homespun, I am tempted. I do not have quite the stash of Homespun Shay graced us with a photo of, yesterday:drool, but I do have some. After a few more WIPs get wrapped up :yes Bundle up and stay warm up there. We had that blast of cold last week, and it was nasty :wbrr

That's great :rofl Rather than rock-the-boat, Buff sounds as though it is the way to go, this time. Hope you do not dislike it too much :hug

:sun:snow Gooooooooooooood Morning all!

How is everyone this beautiful sunny/snowy morning?

The sky is clear... the sun is doing its best to peek out for the day.. and the temps are a lovely 6*.

I have two more saltines done... :whew. Seemed so hard to get any done this last couple weeks... with my 9yr old and his school project.

I posted a pic of his completed doll here.

He decided on no face for her... because he didnt think they would have had faces on their dolls then. He is so cute!

have a fabulous Friday everyone

Doing well on this end, Tam, thanks for asking :hug I commented over in the Show 'n' Tell section, but your son did a fabulous job on his doll. His whole project just impresses the socks off of me, as it really sounds as though he did a thorough job of research and organizing his materials for presentation. Very nice :clap Any saltines on your weekend agenda? Have a great Friday!

:waving All!

Class-Spirit Olympics at the girls' school this afternoon. Annika's class is supposed to wear yellow shirts, and Kyri's has to wear purple. For my 'totally pink' child, this yellow assignment did not go over too well :ohdear I found a zip-up yellow sweatshirt with pink roses on it and suggested she wear pink overalls and a pink turtleneck under the sweatshirt, so that the yellow was just an accent color. She did, albeit reluctantly :rolleyes. I expect the sweatshirt will drape over the back of her chair, until it is time to go to the gymnasium to participate in the relay races. Kyri is very excited for the race in which the students blow a feather across the gym floor with a drinking straw and the relay wearing over-sized 'Daddy' shoes. Competition is not fierce, and there are just a ton of giggles; it's a good way to end the week on a high-note. I am going to take photos and hand out tangerines at the end of the afternoon.

Hope you all have a good day!

Thanks, Shay! Have fun - and my stash of Homespun is at least as big as yours, so another RR is in my future, too!

Dusti, come on over to the other side...RRs are fun:devil

Hi, Mary and Linda!

Hi, ladies! I'm feeling much better. I have a lot to catch up on around here though. Today is my birthday and I'm going to see a hockey game. :D I go almost every weekend though. :devil

Oh that reminds me. I first got sick Monday night. I had tickets to see the USHL All-Star game Tuesday night. Well, I was so sick I gave my tickets to a friend. I found out later that they had the Stanley Cup there! :faint I missed it because I was sick. :sigh They were even letting people go on the ice to touch it and take pictures with it. I would have loved it. If I had known it was going to be there, I would have gone anyway....with a "sick bucket" in tow. :lol

I hope to catch up with you guys this weekend. :manyheart

Archived