Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What fun! ~ I leave for a day and come back to see old friends posting. :)

Heather ~ Your geo 'ghan is wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing the picture. :yay

Judy ~ Scrubbing floors, bloodwork and finishing another christening afghan...aren't we about the same age? :eek:lol You're doing better than I am. ;) The afghan is so pretty. :c9

Hi Wendy! :manyheart

Tracy ~ Are you and Kyla settled into your new home? Have you been painting? :think

Dusti ~ I'm so glad you're feeling better. :yes Yes, they're planning on keeping the little guy downstairs until he's 4 or 5 and the crib converts all the way to a full size bed. :c9

Linda ~ Scream all you want! :hug I wish we were closer, so we could give you a break once in a while. Keeping our fingers crossed that he continues to improve quickly.

I hope I haven't missed anyone...today has been a busy one. DD called a few minutes ago and asked if I'd like to come see the sonogram in the a.m. - at 8:30 downtown! I'll be there with bells on. :D

Mary ~ What a lovely invitation from you DD! I cannot imagine a better way to start you day than with an updated pic of the little babe :c9 All is well, and this sonogram is just an update? Enjoy your time with DD :manyheart

Wendy & Tracy ~ So good to see you gals :ghug

All our friends ~ Have a good day!

:sun in the forecast, today. Temps are really nice, and I think the girls and I need to take out our snowshoes for a hike this afternoon. Littlest DD has an eye appointment (fingers crossed the muscles in her eye are strengthening with our current therapy, and that we do not have to throw anything else at her) right after school, and since our usual schedule will be off-kilter, anyway, I say we play in the snow for awhile. I finished my first sock last night :yay Even better, it fits and feels great :lol I am all set to start on the second, and then the girls have put in their orders for pairs of their own. Does this surprise you? Me either. More socks in my future:yes

Have a great day!

Mary, you're so blessed with the relationship with your DD:c9 Are they doing the 3D version of the sonogram?

And I'm 61 now. I think having to keep up with the 2 big dogs and the house has kept me young...that and a bit of caffeine to keep my engine running:lol

I hope you have a good day.

Dusti, I hope you have a great day:hug

Linda, I'm thinking of you:hug:manyheart

Mary, aaawwwww, that is great to go with DD for that. :manyheart

Dusti, :hi Have fun with the girls in the snow and hope it all goes well with her eye appointment. :hug

Linda, scream when you need to. :yes

Mary, we have painted the bathroom and the lounge, then the boiler broke and we didn't have heating, so stopped painting because took so long for paint to dry. We might do Kyla's room this weekend, will see how Alice the cat is tomorrow. I am fostering her before adopting her and she is still very timid and hides all the time. Don't want to be moving things around and scaring her. :no

Linda ~ Scream all you want! :hug I wish we were closer, so we could give you a break once in a while. Keeping our fingers crossed that he continues to improve quickly.

I hope I haven't missed anyone...today has been a busy one. DD called a few minutes ago and asked if I'd like to come see the sonogram in the a.m. - at 8:30 downtown! I'll be there with bells on. :D

Oh, Mary, what fun! Seeing the sonogram is so exciting. What's the due date? I've forgotten.

Good morning. Thanks to everyone for letting me vent. I think we are down to 10 days now before John flies the coop. He's going to be pushing to go to less than a walker today with the physical therapist. The minimum time before he can drive is 3 weeks. I don't know what he'll do if the surgeon extends that, because he's taking that as a given.

I finished a Celtic knot shawl for me today. I'll take a picture in a bit. It's wool so it should help me to stay warm. I get cold so easily, especially when I'm tired.

It's supposed to be a lot warmer today. Thank goodness. This is the coldest stretch we've had in 25 years and the coldest winter in 30 years. Hopefully it's gotten it out of it's system and we can go back to normal temps which are in the mid to upper 50s.

Mary ~ What a lovely invitation from you DD! I cannot imagine a better way to start you day than with an updated pic of the little babe :c9 All is well, and this sonogram is just an update? Enjoy your time with DD :manyheart

:sun in the forecast, today. Temps are really nice, and I think the girls and I need to take out our snowshoes for a hike this afternoon. Littlest DD has an eye appointment (fingers crossed the muscles in her eye are strengthening with our current therapy, and that we do not have to throw anything else at her) right after school, and since our usual schedule will be off-kilter, anyway, I say we play in the snow for awhile. I finished my first sock last night :yay Even better, it fits and feels great :lol I am all set to start on the second, and then the girls have put in their orders for pairs of their own. Does this surprise you? Me either. More socks in my future:yes

Have a great day!

Hi Dusti! I hope all goes well at the eye doctor appointment. :hug Enjoy your sunny day and the snow. :yes Congratulations on finishing your first sock. :clap

Mary, you're so blessed with the relationship with your DD:c9 Are they doing the 3D version of the sonogram?

And I'm 61 now. I think having to keep up with the 2 big dogs and the house has kept me young...that and a bit of caffeine to keep my engine running:lol

I hope you have a good day.

Yep, 60 is not far away for me. :lol I think the pets really do keep us more active. :)

Mary, aaawwwww, that is great to go with DD for that. :manyheart

Dusti, :hi Have fun with the girls in the snow and hope it all goes well with her eye appointment. :hug

Linda, scream when you need to. :yes

Mary, we have painted the bathroom and the lounge, then the boiler broke and we didn't have heating, so stopped painting because took so long for paint to dry. We might do Kyla's room this weekend, will see how Alice the cat is tomorrow. I am fostering her before adopting her and she is still very timid and hides all the time. Don't want to be moving things around and scaring her. :no

Oh! Alice is such a great name for a cat. :D I'll bet she'll come out of her shell before long. :manyheart Way to go on getting some of the painting done. :yes

Oh, Mary, what fun! Seeing the sonogram is so exciting. What's the due date? I've forgotten.

Good morning. Thanks to everyone for letting me vent. I think we are down to 10 days now before John flies the coop. He's going to be pushing to go to less than a walker today with the physical therapist. The minimum time before he can drive is 3 weeks. I don't know what he'll do if the surgeon extends that, because he's taking that as a given.

I finished a Celtic knot shawl for me today. I'll take a picture in a bit. It's wool so it should help me to stay warm. I get cold so easily, especially when I'm tired.

It's supposed to be a lot warmer today. Thank goodness. This is the coldest stretch we've had in 25 years and the coldest winter in 30 years. Hopefully it's gotten it out of it's system and we can go back to normal temps which are in the mid to upper 50s.

Can't wait to see your shawl! Yes, we're back to more normal temps, too and I'm so glad!

Okay, the silly virus scan finally ended...it always kicks in at the wrong time. :lol

Baby Luke is doing just fine! He weighs about 2 1/2 pounds now and is definitely active. :c9 It was wonderful to see the little guy this a.m. :)

Time for some crocheting for me. :hook I hope everyone is having a good day. :manyheart

Hi all! John graduated from the walker to a cane today. He called it quits early tonight though, he was worn out from all the extra activity. He's due to get his staples out on Monday. I'm just taking things a little bit of a day at a time and hanging in there. Thanks for all your support. :hug

Linda...I know it doesn't seem like it at your end, but John is making great progress. He'll be out of your hair soon:lol

Mary...Luke is already way bigger in weight than my great nephew Dean was when he was born at 7 months!! I'm so happy you got to see the sonogram:hug

Hi, Judy. I know John is making great progress. It's just that he's in such a hurry that I worry that he's going to overdo and put himself back. He's already planning on 4 super-long, strenuous days for for his first days back at the office. Two business flights in two days and a major client presentation are included in that. And that's just 3 weeks after the surgery.

Hi everybody,

Happy New Year to all. I've had computer problems. I've also been working long grueling days and nights. I should be getting my life back. I have a new District Manager who does not want us managers to work 50-60 hour per week. Things are looking better.

What happen to the Sky Ladies Crochet-Along?

Hope everyone is doing well. Missed you guys.

Going to take a nap.

Stayed up toooo late!

Linda, I'm with you - I hope John doesn't overdo...

Valerie...Hi! I'm so glad to hear work is going to get a bit less stressful for you:hug

I bought the yarn for my dragon quiltghan this afternoon. RHSS in Turqua for the sky, Hunter green for the trees, Grey Heather for the rock, and Amythyst, Lavender, and Black for the dragon. I'm using this for the Weight Loss CAL and I get to make 2 saltines for every quarter pound lost, and 1 saltine for each day I keep a food journal, and 1 saltine for every ten minutes of exercise.

post-9295-135897496433_thumb.jpg

Hi Ladies! :)

Mary...Luke is already way bigger in weight than my great nephew Dean was when he was born at 7 months!! I'm so happy you got to see the sonogram:hug

Aww, I remember your telling us about Dean! I'll bet he's grown lots.:c9

I bought the yarn for my dragon quiltghan this afternoon. RHSS in Turqua for the sky, Hunter green for the trees, Grey Heather for the rock, and Amythyst, Lavender, and Black for the dragon. I'm using this for the Weight Loss CAL and I get to make 2 saltines for every quarter pound lost, and 1 saltine for each day I keep a food journal, and 1 saltine for every ten minutes of exercise.

Beautiful colors! It's so much fun to buy yarn. :hook

Hi Valerie! I hope you'll have more time to visit and crochet soon. :hug

The Animals baby ghan is finished! :yay It's cloudy, rainy and nearly dark so pictures will probably be tomorrow. :yes

Mary, congrats on the finish!!!

Linda, I like those colors you picked out. Do you have all the yarn you'll need? Or are thos the larger skiens in the pic? I saved the chart you made. I'll be interested to see how you do the details around the dragon's face.

Mary, congrats on the finish!!!

Linda, I like those colors you picked out. Do you have all the yarn you'll need? Or are thos the larger skiens in the pic? I saved the chart you made. I'll be interested to see how you do the details around the dragon's face.

I think I've got all the yarn I'll need, but it may be close on some of the colors. I bought 4 each of the turqua and green, 2 of the grey, 2 of the black, and I think 4 of the amethyst and 3 of the lavendar. I'll use just a smidgeon of red for the eye. All but the grey are the 7 oz skeins. The grey were only 5 oz skeins.

Linda, I wish you luck on the ghan and the weight loss!!

...this may be my last post here...i'm about to speak out and end up being banned from here...anyway, if Nicole or anyone wants to get in touch with me and I'm no longer around I already gave you my email addy. Feel free to share it.

"Talk" soon....:hug:manyheart

Oh, dear, Judy! We'll miss you here.

7 1/2 days before John decides to jump back into a heavy week at work. I just hope he doesn't end up crashing at the end of the week. He is pushing himself so hard and just won't listen to me when I ask him to take it easy. He doesn't seem to think that his body needs as much time to heal as the "normal" person. Oh, well. :sigh

It's overcast here and due to rain all weekend.

Good Morning! :)

I think I've got all the yarn I'll need, but it may be close on some of the colors. I bought 4 each of the turqua and green, 2 of the grey, 2 of the black, and I think 4 of the amethyst and 3 of the lavendar. I'll use just a smidgeon of red for the eye. All but the grey are the 7 oz skeins. The grey were only 5 oz skeins.

It's going to be exciting to see this one come together. :hook Now that the baby ghan is finished, I plan on getting back to Just Ducky #3. :crocheting

We'll just keep our fingers crossed that John doesn't have any set backs. He sounds as hard headed as my DH. ;)

Judy ~ :hug We'll miss you. :(

Picture time!

The Round Ripple is Aggie May's pattern made with Vanna's Choice yarn in Linen, Taupe and Taupe Mist.

The baby ghan is from A Year of Baby Afghans Book 4 made with TLC Cotton Plus in Light Blue. :c9

post-10699-135897496565_thumb.jpg

post-10699-135897496571_thumb.jpg

post-10699-135897496576_thumb.jpg

post-10699-135897496581_thumb.jpg

Picture time!

The Round Ripple is Aggie May's pattern made with Vanna's Choice yarn in Linen, Taupe and Taupe Mist.

The baby ghan is from A Year of Baby Afghans Book 4 made with TLC Cotton Plus in Light Blue. :c9

I just had to pop in here and tell you how beautiful your blankets are! They're both gorgeous and that baby one is amazing!! I may have to find that book. :lol GREAT JOB!!! :clap

Picture time!

Mary, they are both stupendous! Beautiful work!

Archived