Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Good morning. It's gray, windy, and drippy here today. A good day to curl up in front of the TV and crochet/knit/sew. I lost 3 1/4 pounds this week, and that is in spite of wanting to eat everything in sight yesterday. And eating a lot of it. I've got one baby quilt top done and another about half done and the helmet liner just needs the ribbing around the face, so my charity weekend stuff is making good progress. I'm going to grab some tea and catch you all later. :manyheart

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning! :)

Linda ~ You are doing so good with the weight loss! :yay And great progress on your charity projects, too. :clap

Shay ~ Can't wait to see pictures!

Hi Judy!

Tam ~ Your schedule sounds crazy. ;):D Do you take your projects with you to all of the games?

No crocheting here for two days. :eek That has to change later today. :lol I hope everyone is having a good weekend. :manyheart

Hi, ladies...

Shay, I'm working on another graph baby ghan...and teaching myself to knit:D

Have a great week everyone...trying to get more projects done, and that means less time on here....

Be back when I can....

Good Morning! :)

Linda ~ You are doing so good with the weight loss! :yay And great progress on your charity projects, too. :clap

Shay ~ Can't wait to see pictures!

Hi Judy!

Tam ~ Your schedule sounds crazy. ;):D Do you take your projects with you to all of the games?

No crocheting here for two days. :eek That has to change later today. :lol I hope everyone is having a good weekend. :manyheart

Yep.... I take projects with me Everywhere!!!

I get alot of work done in the van ... waiting for the boys to get out of school in the afternoons!

Living where we live.. the closet place is 30 min away... most trips though are an hour drive... so I get alot done then too!

But waiting for games to start... or half time... you can bet I'm getting a row or two done. During the game play... I'm busy cheering:cheer

:heart

:mug

Yep.... I take projects with me Everywhere!!!

I get alot of work done in the van ... waiting for the boys to get out of school in the afternoons!

Living where we live.. the closet place is 30 min away... most trips though are an hour drive... so I get alot done then too!

But waiting for games to start... or half time... you can bet I'm getting a row or two done. During the game play... I'm busy cheering:cheer

We must be neighbors, :wink. I drive our girls to school "in town" 25 miles away every day. I always have my project bag in the car, so I can crochet while I wait for classes to dismiss in the afternoons -- I have even been known to leave home a little early, so that I can work on my latest pattern for a few extra minutes before the craziness-of-life-with-little-uns returns :blush My hometown is a fantastic 5 hours away, and the ride lends itself beautifully to crochet time for me :D Yes, crocheting on the go is the only way to go.

School was just canceled for the day :yay We have been under a Winter Storm Warning since Friday evening, the snow and wind have been at work throughout the weekend, and the local superintendents finally agreed to close schools. The girls are going to be ecstatic. Hmmm, wonder what concoctions we can whip-up in the kitchen later on...fudge, cracked wheat bread and corn chowder are sounding mighty yummy. I know where I can find some willing helpers.

I made a few squares for a charity blanket over the weekend, as well as a hat for each girl, and I added a couple of rows to the cowl neck of my latest sweater. I would really like to wear that sweater to a volunteer appreciation luncheon on Wednesday, so I think that means I had better get my hook moving along, or I am going to be stuck wearing a cowl vest with my slacks:rofl.

Have a good start to this new week!

Good morning, Dusti. Have fun with your girls.

John went to the airport yesterday for his 4:00 pm flight and it got cancelled. They put him on standby for the 8:00 pm flight which was delayed for over an hour. He did get on it and finally made it to the hotel at 11:30 pm last night. I hope today goes better for him. Kim has been fighting a bug for a week or so and yesterday the bug decided to win. :sneeze She now has bronchitis &/or pneumonia. :sick She spent half the night sitting up in the recliner so she could breath. :tired She sees the doctor this afternoon. And she was generous enough to share the bug with me. :headache I'm pretty sure I've got bronchitis, too. :sick I see my doctor tomorrow. :sneeze What a start to the week! :ohdear At least we have sunshine today instead of rain.

Hope you all have a good day and better start to your week. :hook

Hi Ladies. :)

Dusti ~ Brr! I hope you're not snowed in for long, but it sure sounds like a fun day with the girls. :manyheart Good luck with finishing your sweater. :cheer

Linda ~ :hug to you and Kim. Keeping our fingers crossed that you both feel better soon...I know it's especially dangerous for Kim. :hug

Today started out great...then I had to go check on MIL. She's okay, but they had called in the Dr. to check on her and my DH is out of town. So while I was out, I went yarn shopping. :lol I'm going to make a RR for a friend's toddler in primary colors. :hook

Morning Ladies!!(or should i say afternoon)

Tammy...boy did you have a busy day yesterday....i dont think i was ever that loaded up with things to do with the kids :eek

Judy...I taut myself to Knit to and im finding i love it and that's its easier on my wrists then crochet....good luck,you can do it!!:crocheting

Dusti...:wbrr Stay warm out there and have fun with the girls!!

Linda...I bet that's keeping you busy...hope she gets better soon...We got pouring rain last night and now the wind is blowing things everywhere...good luck with Kim at the Docs...will say a prayer for her :hug

Mary...Glad you are having a good day...cant wait to see what colors you use for the new RR.

Ok just wanted to update on my squares...i didn't get the rest sewed yet im off to do that now...had one of those headaches yesterday that you want to die so didnt get enything done...then i tried to get on last night and it wouldnt let me...so lets just say i had a bad day...but im better now so off to sew and Knit :crocheting

Have a great day Ladies!!:hug

Thanks for the well wishes and prayers, Mary and Shaylen. We just got back from the doctor's office. They took a chest xray and it isn't pneumonia, just bronchitis. So they gave her a shot of steroids and put her on a broad spectrum antibiotic, which should get this turned around soon. :manyheart

Ok just wanted to update on my squares...i didn't get the rest sewed yet im off to do that now...had one of those headaches yesterday that you want to die so didnt get enything done...then i tried to get on last night and it wouldnt let me...so lets just say i had a bad day...but im better now so off to sew and Knit :crocheting

Sure hope today continues to improve for you :hug Your headache is gone? Have fun with your yarn :hook and :knit

We must be neighbors, :wink. I drive our girls to school "in town" 25 miles away every day. I always have my project bag in the car, so I can crochet while I wait for classes to dismiss in the afternoons -- I have even been known to leave home a little early, so that I can work on my latest pattern for a few extra minutes before the craziness-of-life-with-little-uns returns :blush My hometown is a fantastic 5 hours away, and the ride lends itself beautifully to crochet time for me :D Yes, crocheting on the go is the only way to go.

School was just canceled for the day :yay We have been under a Winter Storm Warning since Friday evening, the snow and wind have been at work throughout the weekend, and the local superintendents finally agreed to close schools. The girls are going to be ecstatic. Hmmm, wonder what concoctions we can whip-up in the kitchen later on...fudge, cracked wheat bread and corn chowder are sounding mighty yummy. I know where I can find some willing helpers.

I made a few squares for a charity blanket over the weekend, as well as a hat for each girl, and I added a couple of rows to the cowl neck of my latest sweater. I would really like to wear that sweater to a volunteer appreciation luncheon on Wednesday, so I think that means I had better get my hook moving along, or I am going to be stuck wearing a cowl vest with my slacks:rofl.

Have a good start to this new week!

Omgosh... how funny is this.

I leave early to sit at the school and wait for the boys early too!!!

Mostly because I'm a crazy mom and miss my boys somethin' awful during the day... but the extra crochet/knit time is great!

I cant tell you how much I get done just in the time I'm waiting on the boys after school.

The hour or more drives to places and then back get me alot of crochet/knit time too!!!

LOL........... we had a snow day today too!

Ours was due to ice and extreme poor visibility! We still have several feet of snow from our snowfall a couple weeks ago... which landed us 4 snow days. We were literally trapped for 6 days. Good thing we had plenty of food! We did make some great "freezer find" dinners though... LOL

Aww... Linda........... feel better soon!!!

Oh Shay....... we wont even get into Baseball season....LOL

All three boys play ... the 13yr old played on three baseball teams last summer... this year looks like 2 or 3 again. We were hardly ever home!

Good morning, Dusti. Have fun with your girls.

John went to the airport yesterday for his 4:00 pm flight and it got cancelled. They put him on standby for the 8:00 pm flight which was delayed for over an hour. He did get on it and finally made it to the hotel at 11:30 pm last night. I hope today goes better for him. Kim has been fighting a bug for a week or so and yesterday the bug decided to win. :sneeze She now has bronchitis &/or pneumonia. :sick She spent half the night sitting up in the recliner so she could breath. :tired She sees the doctor this afternoon. And she was generous enough to share the bug with me. :headache I'm pretty sure I've got bronchitis, too. :sick I see my doctor tomorrow. :sneeze What a start to the week! :ohdear At least we have sunshine today instead of rain.

Hope you all have a good day and better start to your week. :hook

So sorry to hear you and Kim are feeling so awful! I just saw your update, and it is good news that Kim is not fighting pneumonia, but I hope the steroids work and give both of you a more-restful night :hug So, John really headed out for work as-per-his-schedule, no? Wishing him a safe trip and time to rest, so that he does not have a relapse. Congrats on making it through his rehab time :clap

Hi Ladies. :)

Dusti ~ Brr! I hope you're not snowed in for long, but it sure sounds like a fun day with the girls. :manyheart Good luck with finishing your sweater. :cheer

Linda ~ :hug to you and Kim. Keeping our fingers crossed that you both feel better soon...I know it's especially dangerous for Kim. :hug

Today started out great...then I had to go check on MIL. She's okay, but they had called in the Dr. to check on her and my DH is out of town. So while I was out, I went yarn shopping. :lol I'm going to make a RR for a friend's toddler in primary colors. :hook

It's nice you are close enough you can run in and check on MIL, when your DH is out of town. Oooooh, new yarn :yay I have only made a few RRs, but they have not become my go-to pattern for afghans, yet. I have yarn for a rose one that is supposed to end up looking like a flower. Maybe I should dig it out and work on it later this week :scrachin Did you pick up a new type of yarn, or are you using a familiar WW?

We are staying cozy, here. Thanks for all of the warm thoughts. DH made it in to work this morning, but he had a snowmobile loaded into the back of the truck to ride, if the roads were impassable (or he slid into a ditch :P). The winds have been howling at 35-40 mph all day, so the loose snow we got yesterday is greasing the roadways well. The radio is reporting 'treacherous driving conditions,' and I am content to stay home another day or two, until the storm moves out of the way :lol -- sure hope the schools agree! We'll have to wait until morning to hear the latest cancellations. I am off to crochet for a few minutes, while the girls are still napping.

See you.:manyheart

Shay, I hope you're much better this evening. :manyheart Keep us posted on your progress!

Thanks for the well wishes and prayers, Mary and Shaylen. We just got back from the doctor's office. They took a chest xray and it isn't pneumonia, just bronchitis. So they gave her a shot of steroids and put her on a broad spectrum antibiotic, which should get this turned around soon. :manyheart

That's good news about Kim! I hope you're feeling better. :hug

It's nice you are close enough you can run in and check on MIL, when your DH is out of town. Oooooh, new yarn :yay I have only made a few RRs, but they have not become my go-to pattern for afghans, yet. I have yarn for a rose one that is supposed to end up looking like a flower. Maybe I should dig it out and work on it later this week :scrachin Did you pick up a new type of yarn, or are you using a familiar WW?

We are staying cozy, here. Thanks for all of the warm thoughts. DH made it in to work this morning, but he had a snowmobile loaded into the back of the truck to ride, if the roads were impassable (or he slid into a ditch :P). The winds have been howling at 35-40 mph all day, so the loose snow we got yesterday is greasing the roadways well. The radio is reporting 'treacherous driving conditions,' and I am content to stay home another day or two, until the storm moves out of the way :lol -- sure hope the schools agree! We'll have to wait until morning to hear the latest cancellations. I am off to crochet for a few minutes, while the girls are still napping.

See you.:manyheart

Oh, did I buy yarn! :lol I truly love "I Love This Yarn" at Hobby Lobby and bought enough for two afghans. :yarn Of course, I rationalized by knowing I could use some out of my stash to use in one of them. ;)

After reading about your winter weather, I almost hate to tell you that Gracie and I had a 30 minute walk and I didn't need a jacket. :devil We're supposed to have ice/rain again on Thursday, though.

The young couple across the street are expecting. They are in their early 30's and are our favorite neighbors! She is a teacher and I have a School Bus Cuddle ghan upstairs...that and something on her registry will work for baby gifts. :yes:c9

See you all tomorrow. :manyheart

Hi, everyone. After spending 3 hours at the doctor's office and not getting the results I was hoping for I'm bummed. :( My A1C level was up, so I have to increase my insulin by 50%. :grumpy They are switching to a computerized setup, so the wait was l..o..n..g. :sigh Then no notice of the weight I lost since my last visit, just "you need to loss weight, watch your diet better, and exercise more." :irk Oh, and I do have bronchitis and will get started on antibiotics. No steroids as they really mess up the blood sugars. :grump This day has NOT gone as planned in the slightest.

Kim sat up in the chair again last night in order to breath. Hopefully after a few days of antibiotics she'll start feeling better. Same for me.

Hi, everyone. After spending 3 hours at the doctor's office and not getting the results I was hoping for I'm bummed. :( My A1C level was up, so I have to increase my insulin by 50%. :grumpy They are switching to a computerized setup, so the wait was l..o..n..g. :sigh Then no notice of the weight I lost since my last visit, just "you need to loss weight, watch your diet better, and exercise more." :irk Oh, and I do have bronchitis and will get started on antibiotics. No steroids as they really mess up the blood sugars. :grump This day has NOT gone as planned in the slightest.

Kim sat up in the chair again last night in order to breath. Hopefully after a few days of antibiotics she'll start feeling better. Same for me.

Just a gigantic :hug headed your way, Linda! So sorry you had such a lousy day! I am upset your doctor did not even acknowledge your weight-loss :angry Your progress on your dragon 'ghan is a great visual reward, but a pat on the back from the doc is not too much to ask. We're happy for you here, you know :heart I hope all of the meds floating around your house kick-in, soon, and you and Kim are soon feeling better. Thinking of you this evening.

Thanks, Dusti. I was just really bummed out earlier. I hadn't had any of my meds yet and that didn't help at all. I'm better now. I think they were just so hastled by the conversion process that she probably didn't even notice that my weight was down. I'll just keep plugging along and hopefully things will be better next time. I've finally got Kim back on schedule and spent some time resting myself, too. And John and Rosie get back from Colorado tonight and that will be a big emotional help, too. :hug

Sorry im behind...had to change my email address and it took awhile to get working:P

Linda...big hugs to you and im sorry you had to wait so much..Hope your meds work soon :hug

Mary..Yay on the yarn...i love the i love this yarn to...its so soft and drapes beautifully.Our weather is driping and its dang cold out :wbrr

Dusti....hope you are having a great day....hows your weather today?

Hi Ladies. :) The day is almost over and I just realized I hadn't posted yet! :think Miss Gracie woke me up at 5 and after she went outside, I put her on the bed and said "Good Night, Gracie." The little cutie actually curled up next to me and was quiet for an hour. We've tried it before and all she's done is play. :lol She's so short, she can't get on the bed by herself, but can get on the couch with no problem. Then it was back to the Dr. for labs, a haircut and cleaning.

Thanks, Dusti. I was just really bummed out earlier. I hadn't had any of my meds yet and that didn't help at all. I'm better now. I think they were just so hastled by the conversion process that she probably didn't even notice that my weight was down. I'll just keep plugging along and hopefully things will be better next time. I've finally got Kim back on schedule and spent some time resting myself, too. And John and Rosie get back from Colorado tonight and that will be a big emotional help, too. :hug

I'm so glad Rosie and John will be home - You've had a rough few weeks. :hug You know we're here for you! :manyheart

Sorry im behind...had to change my email address and it took awhile to get working:P

Linda...big hugs to you and im sorry you had to wait so much..Hope your meds work soon :hug

Mary..Yay on the yarn...i love the i love this yarn to...its so soft and drapes beautifully.Our weather is driping and its dang cold out :wbrr

Dusti....hope you are having a great day....hows your weather today?

Hi Shay! How are your projects coming along? We're supposed to have major rain and possible snow tomorrow night and Thursday. Thank goodness for our crochet addiction. :hook

Dusti ~ Just wondering...did you make the second sock? ;) And were you able to match the wrinkle? :D I hope your DH has made it to and from work okay.

And I forgot to tell you how much fun it is to be working with bright colors! :yarn I started the child-size RR in primary colors this evening. The solids will be divided with a row of RHSS variegated in similar colors. :hook

Have a good night, all. :manyheart

Good morning! Hi, Mary! Kim and I both got more sleep last night than we have for several nights. And we don't have to get out again for the rest of the week. We're going to be taking it easy!

The nurse commented yesterday that it was the first time she'd seen me without my crocheting. I told her that was a measure of how sick I was. :lol

I talked to John and Rosie late last night. They were tired and both have bad colds/? bronchitis, but had a good time. They're both very glad to be back home. John loves that little grandson of his. I could hear it in his voice as he talked about him. And Braden loves his Poppop. There's a very close bond between those two.

:snow Good Morning.................

Well... I havent made much progress on my quilt'ghan... only two solids.

My 9yr old has me sidetracked with helping him with a school project.

He has a report to do on Native American Indians. He has decided to craft his report. So he is making a doll and we are going to cook a dish together to share with the class.

He has done a great job on the doll so far.

He made the main head/body part... I did the legs and arms for him.

post-18634-135897499451_thumb.jpg

That's great, Tam.

I put together a top for a baby quilt and a helmet liner for the charity cal this month. Thought you might like to see them. Once I'm feeling a bit better I'll get the quilt put together.

post-9295-135897499463_thumb.jpg

post-9295-135897499466_thumb.jpg

Archived