Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

John is home! He sat with Kim for about 1/2 an hour, changed clothes, took a pain pill and is now lying down watching the news. Kim is delighted to have him home. She was up front in the kitchen when he got here and her face just broke into a huge smile and her eyes sparkled as he came in the door.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi, Mary! No saltines made yet - finishing a christening blanket for our local church first.

Linda, Trouble's coat looks like it keeps him warm!

Don't forget pictures! :D I'm ready to get back to little squares...the baby ghan is about half FPdc stitches and my right hand is really sore. :yes Only about 5 or 6 rows until the border! I showed it to DH today and he could identify the animals, so I must be doing something right. :lol

John is home! He sat with Kim for about 1/2 an hour, changed clothes, took a pain pill and is now lying down watching the news. Kim is delighted to have him home. She was up front in the kitchen when he got here and her face just broke into a huge smile and her eyes sparkled as he came in the door.

Oh, this brought happy tears from me. I can only imagine how Kim has been feeling knowing he's been in the hospital. :manyheart I know you'll have your hands full for a while...

We're going to get out of here tomorrow - cabin fever has set in. :lol DD ordered the baby's furniture the day after Christmas and they said it would be 8-10 weeks. It's at the store as of today! Not sure when they want to pick it up, but my DH has a full size pick up so we'll help when they're ready. :c9

Linda, your description of Kim's reaction when John came home had my eyes filling up. I hope all of you have a good night.

Mary, with only white, I'm hoping I can get a good pic of the blanket. I'm a little better than half finished with it. It's a shell-type of pattern I got from the Project Linus website.

I'll be looking for a pic of your finsihed ghan too!

We're going to get out of here tomorrow - cabin fever has set in. :lol DD ordered the baby's furniture the day after Christmas and they said it would be 8-10 weeks. It's at the store as of today! Not sure when they want to pick it up, but my DH has a full size pick up so we'll help when they're ready. :c9

Oh, goody, goody! I'll bet it's getting more and more real all the time now. :hug

Good morning. It's another sunshiny, cold day here in north Georgia.

Our day started early, because the nurse got here at 8:45 to do the intake evaluation on John for the in home physical therapy. I've already folded and put away 3 loads of laundry. Now there's a bit of a lull until it's time to get Kim's daily routine started at 10:00. I feel a little bit like a chicken with it's head cut off. I rearranged the guest bedroom last night for John and we'll do a bit more today to get it to where he can get at everything he wants available. Essentially everything got removed from one side of the bed so he can get in and out easier. The chair then got switched to that side at the head of the bed for him to sit in. I brought up a yarn tote to elevate the TV so he could see it better. Several more things to switch around later. At least that got him through the night. :whew

Hope you all have a good day. :hug

It's another cold, sunshiny morning her in north Georgia. We survived the first full day of John being home. I think his room is all set up to his satisfaction now. Hope everyone has a nice Sunday. :manyheart

The pattern is a beginner pattern on the Project Linus site. I made it square instead of rectangular, and it tok a sk of Caron One Pounder and an I hook.

post-8552-135897494698_thumb.jpg

post-8552-135897494702_thumb.jpg

The pattern is a beginner pattern on the Project Linus site. I made it square instead of rectangular, and it tok a sk of Caron One Pounder and an I hook.

Judy, that is gorgeous! What a great gift.

Hi Ladies! I've had DSL problems for a couple of days :( but keeping my fingers crossed all is well now!

Linda ~ I'm glad you're getting into a routine...hope things go smoothly. :manyheart

Judy ~ The afghan is wonderful! Beautiful work, as always.:clap

Off to DD's shortly to set up the baby's room. :D DH and SIL (aka old Brian and young Brian:lol) have gone to pick up the furniture when they open at noon.

Hello, ladies

Just a quick post...

Judy - The afghan is gorgeous!

Linda - I hope everything continues to go well with John.

Mary - Have lots of fun setting up the baby's room. :manyheart

It has been a rough day around here. Cooper woke me up early this morning. He was howling and in pain. I couldn't figure out what was wrong. I took him to the emergency vet and he had a seizure while we were there. The best the vet could figure was he knew he wasn't feeling well and was trying to let me know. He stayed at the vet for awhile under supervision. He's home now with some medicine to slow his heart down. I have to take him back into the vet tomorrow morning for tests. I pray whatever it is can be easily treated. So, we're both resting now. He's pretty tired and wants to be in my lap all of the time. That's fine with me...I don't want to put him down anyway.

Thanks for letting me get this out. Have a great week, everyone. :hug

Thanks ladies! I have another one going right now, too, for the church's christening program. This is a 9 point RR.

Mary, enjoy setting up the nursery!!:c9

Nicole, I'm sorry Cooper gave you such a scare...he knew to get you, though. Just cuddle and love him...I hope he gets better quickly:hug:manyheart

And remember: we worry and project ahead...our furbabies live in the moment...and when he's with you he feels secure. Hold onto that.:yes

It has been a rough day around here. Cooper woke me up early this morning. He was howling and in pain. I couldn't figure out what was wrong. I took him to the emergency vet and he had a seizure while we were there. The best the vet could figure was he knew he wasn't feeling well and was trying to let me know. He stayed at the vet for awhile under supervision. He's home now with some medicine to slow his heart down. I have to take him back into the vet tomorrow morning for tests. I pray whatever it is can be easily treated. So, we're both resting now. He's pretty tired and wants to be in my lap all of the time. That's fine with me...I don't want to put him down anyway.

Thanks for letting me get this out. Have a great week, everyone. :hug

Oh, how scary! Good luck to you and Cooper. Love him lots.

:yell:bang:thair John is driving me crazy!!! He's micromanaging me and how I care for Kim. I don't do it exactly like he does, so he's fussing over every little thing I do and and times I do it. Urrgh!!!!! :thair:bang:yell

Sorry, I just had to yell a little.

Oh Nicole ~ I hope Cooper is okay. :hug Keep us posted on what your vet says tomorrow.

Judy ~ The Christening program sounds like a wonderful thing...and you are so good to be contributing. :manyheart

Linda ~ John sounds like he needs to be in control and since he can't go to work, you are the easy target. :( He needs to realize who's been doing everything for Kim when he's gone all the time...hope he gets it soon. :hug You can rant here anytime!

The crib is put together and the dresser looks great! It took all four of us to figure out the directions. :lol We had a lot of fun together, as always. Since Gracie was in her crate most of the day, I'm not sure if she'll settle down enough for me to crochet...we'll see. ;)

Thanks ladies! I have another one going right now, too, for the church's christening program. This is a 9 point RR.

Mary, enjoy setting up the nursery!!:c9

Nicole, I'm sorry Cooper gave you such a scare...he knew to get you, though. Just cuddle and love him...I hope he gets better quickly:hug:manyheart

And remember: we worry and project ahead...our furbabies live in the moment...and when he's with you he feels secure. Hold onto that.:yes

That's very true...thanks for the reminder. It made me feel better. Does your church give a blanket or something for each christening?

Oh, how scary! Good luck to you and Cooper. Love him lots.

:yell:bang:thair John is driving me crazy!!! He's micromanaging me and how I care for Kim. I don't do it exactly like he does, so he's fussing over every little thing I do and and times I do it. Urrgh!!!!! :thair:bang:yell

Sorry, I just had to yell a little.

I'm sorry John is driving you batty. Vent away! We can take it. :manyheart

Oh Nicole ~ I hope Cooper is okay. :hug Keep us posted on what your vet says tomorrow.

Judy ~ The Christening program sounds like a wonderful thing...and you are so good to be contributing. :manyheart

Linda ~ John sounds like he needs to be in control and since he can't go to work, you are the easy target. :( He needs to realize who's been doing everything for Kim when he's gone all the time...hope he gets it soon. :hug You can rant here anytime!

The crib is put together and the dresser looks great! It took all four of us to figure out the directions. :lol We had a lot of fun together, as always. Since Gracie was in her crate most of the day, I'm not sure if she'll settle down enough for me to crochet...we'll see. ;)

Thanks, I'll definitely let you know about the vet visit tomorrow.

Yeah about the crib and dresser! Those things are definitely difficult to figure out.

hello everyone, I look in here every now and then to see your wonderful work. Does anyone remember where the discussion on Irish chains started? I really want to start one of them but old brain can't remember where to come up with the amount of squares needed for dbl bed size. Want to do a triple .

I quilted one many yrs ago and still love the pattern.

Grannyt...I think it was Mary who knew the links for the IC. Not sure. If not, I'll dig out my printed copy here and find the web addy for you. I'm just not sure which tote it's in:lol

Nicole, the church gives each baby in their baptismal program a white ghan, with a note telling them how much God loves them:manyheart The Parish nurse coordinates it - and besides really enjoying this new outlet for my crocheting I DO have a bit of stash on hand:blush When I run out they will provide the yarn:D

Linda, John is just liek any other man...mine included. When they're home they can always see how they can "improve" on things...

just come in here anytime and vent...I'm always checking the thread...:hug

Mary, I've been of the opinion lately that with directions there is always a problem: either they're written FOR idiots...or they're written BY idiots:D

...pardon my frankness....:devil:c9

Good Morning, Ladies. :)

hello everyone, I look in here every now and then to see your wonderful work. Does anyone remember where the discussion on Irish chains started? I really want to start one of them but old brain can't remember where to come up with the amount of squares needed for dbl bed size. Want to do a triple .

I quilted one many yrs ago and still love the pattern.

Hi! Here is a wonderful site for basic IC patterns including bed sizes:

www.quilt.com/Blocks/IrishChain/IrishChain.html

We'd love to hear what you decide to make! :yes

Mary, I've been of the opinion lately that with directions there is always a problem: either they're written FOR idiots...or they're written BY idiots:D

:rofl I love it! Can I steal that line? :D

Hi, everyone. John goes back to work in 14 days, if all goes according to plan. I can't wait! He got an A+ from the physical therapist today and is ahead of schedule on what he can do for himself. I just hope he doesn't overdo it and set himself back.

I baked two loaves of banana bread this afternoon. They puffed up way more than normal, but smell good. Unfortunately, I think my mixer is on it's last legs. It wouldn't mix the last of the ingredients. I had to do it by hand. Of course, it's almost 39 years old, so I guess I shouldn't complain. :lol It's mixed a lot of things over the years, including lots of banana bread batches.

I have started the Tree of Life Afghan pattern. Only I'm doing it in size 20 thread. :eek If I calculated right it will end up being about 11" by 14". :lol I like the look of the pattern, but I guess I just have to be different. I've got 10 rows done now which is about 1 inch. :lol :lol It is starting to look like something.

Grannyt...I think it was Mary who knew the links for the IC. Not sure. If not, I'll dig out my printed copy here and find the web addy for you. I'm just not sure which tote it's in:lol

Nicole, the church gives each baby in their baptismal program a white ghan, with a note telling them how much God loves them:manyheart The Parish nurse coordinates it - and besides really enjoying this new outlet for my crocheting I DO have a bit of stash on hand:blush When I run out they will provide the yarn:D

Linda, John is just liek any other man...mine included. When they're home they can always see how they can "improve" on things...

just come in here anytime and vent...I'm always checking the thread...:hug

That's really cool about the church and afghans. We give out a white, little thing...I don't really even know what it is actually! :lol

Hi, everyone. John goes back to work in 14 days, if all goes according to plan. I can't wait! He got an A+ from the physical therapist today and is ahead of schedule on what he can do for himself. I just hope he doesn't overdo it and set himself back.

I baked two loaves of banana bread this afternoon. They puffed up way more than normal, but smell good. Unfortunately, I think my mixer is on it's last legs. It wouldn't mix the last of the ingredients. I had to do it by hand. Of course, it's almost 39 years old, so I guess I shouldn't complain. :lol It's mixed a lot of things over the years, including lots of banana bread batches.

I have started the Tree of Life Afghan pattern. Only I'm doing it in size 20 thread. :eek If I calculated right it will end up being about 11" by 14". :lol I like the look of the pattern, but I guess I just have to be different. I've got 10 rows done now which is about 1 inch. :lol :lol It is starting to look like something.

I hope he doesn't overdo it either. You need him back at work! :lol Yum...banana bread!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to see the Tree of Life "Afghan". I looked at that CAL and just don't think I have the patience to do that one.

Just hear back from the vet a few hours ago. Cooper is diabetic! Poor kitty. It's not a real bad case though and he will manage with some meds. I had to leave him there all day for tests while I came to work. Poor, little guy...I bet he's scared. I can't wait to go pick him up and give him kisses on his little head!

Chat with y'all later!

Linda, that's great news about John...and I sceond the "yummy" from Nicole:D

Nicole, one of Cara's cats is diabetic, too. But she has to give her shots.:P I'm glad they found out what it was. Now you just have to watch Cooper doesn't steal food from the others and stays on his own regime. Not easy with a tiger:lol

Archived