Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Good Morning, ladies. :) Happy New Year!

I worked on little squares last night. :yay It's a great change from having to read a pattern...word by word. :yes

Today is school for Gracie and will go to DD's to check on the cats - they're in Arizona for the Fiesta Bowl until Tuesday.

Have a great day! :manyheart

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning, everyone. It's sunshiny and cold again today. John's Hip replacement surgery was scheduled for 7:00 this morning. I haven't heard anything from the doctor yet. The info said it could take 1-2 hours and then at least an hour in recovery. Not sure when he'll be calling, but I'm not worried yet.

Morning!

I knew John's surgery was scheduled for the same days that my girls returned to school, so I logged-on to see if you had any news, yet, Linda. I see that it is still too early for that. I'll be keeping him in my prayers, today, and I hope all goes well.

Hi, Nicole! It's Monday, so you are headed back-to-work, no? Hope you are not dealing with icy roads, and that you have a good day.

Mary ~ So much snow you had at the end of last month. My goodness, I never would have expected that. Has it all melted and left you with icky slop in the parking lots and on sidewalks? That is worse than snow on the ground, in my opinion.

What a holiday season we had. It was a whirlwind, but so much fun. We had a lot of time to spend with our relatives, the predicted storm hit, but we had already reached our home-town, and there was nothing wrong with hunkering-down, playing board games, chatting, and fixing impromptu picnics of appetizer-type foods to keep the children happy, while we just enjoyed the accumulating snow from the cozy comfort of my parents' house. As I mentioned, the girls are off to school, already. FIL has been visiting for the past 2 days, and while he is meeting some other enthusiasts for a day of snowmobiling, I am planning a day filled with laundry, some cooking and some 'thank you note' writing.

Have a good one, All!

Hi, again. The surgeon called to say that the surgery went very well about 10:15. "Now he just has to heal," were his words. So good news. Kim and I are doing well and into our normal morning routine. I've phoned everyone on the list of people to notify, so it's more or less things as normal for today and tomorrow. Thanks for all the prayers. :hug

Hi Ladies. :)

Linda ~ Great news about John! :yes How long will they keep him at the hospital? And then the fun begins...:lol:devil Seriously, I hope he's a good patient for you. :manyheart

Hi Nicole! Did you get to watch the Winter Classic? I caught something on the news about it and thought of you. :)

Dusti ~ Man! How do you live in Minnesota? :lol;) We're having really cold temps (for us) and supposed to have ice and snow Wed. night and Thursday. :eek I was raised in Iowa, but only remember loving ice skating and sledding. :D Your holidays sound like lots of fun!

I ran errands and checked on the grandcats this a.m. DD and her DH won't be back from the Fiesta Bowl til tomorrow night. Everybody cheer for TCU!:cheer

Morning!

I knew John's surgery was scheduled for the same days that my girls returned to school, so I logged-on to see if you had any news, yet, Linda. I see that it is still too early for that. I'll be keeping him in my prayers, today, and I hope all goes well.

Hi, Nicole! It's Monday, so you are headed back-to-work, no? Hope you are not dealing with icy roads, and that you have a good day.

What a holiday season we had. It was a whirlwind, but so much fun. We had a lot of time to spend with our relatives, the predicted storm hit, but we had already reached our home-town, and there was nothing wrong with hunkering-down, playing board games, chatting, and fixing impromptu picnics of appetizer-type foods to keep the children happy, while we just enjoyed the accumulating snow from the cozy comfort of my parents' house. As I mentioned, the girls are off to school, already. FIL has been visiting for the past 2 days, and while he is meeting some other enthusiasts for a day of snowmobiling, I am planning a day filled with laundry, some cooking and some 'thank you note' writing.

Have a good one, All!

Yep, back to work! :yuck Really, I'm not complaining. I have a job and it's a good one at that. All in all, I'm a lucky gal.

It sounds like you all had a great holiday even if it was hectic! Good to see you back around. :manyheart

Hi, again. The surgeon called to say that the surgery went very well about 10:15. "Now he just has to heal," were his words. So good news. Kim and I are doing well and into our normal morning routine. I've phoned everyone on the list of people to notify, so it's more or less things as normal for today and tomorrow. Thanks for all the prayers. :hug

Oh, thank goodness! Thanks for the update. I'm glad things went well.

Hi Ladies. :)

Hi Nicole! Did you get to watch the Winter Classic? I caught something on the news about it and thought of you. :)

I ran errands and checked on the grandcats this a.m. DD and her DH won't be back from the Fiesta Bowl til tomorrow night. Everybody cheer for TCU!:cheer

I did watch the Winter Classic! I love it! It reminds me of growing up and playing hockey outside. It was a good game, too.

Cheering for TCU!!! :yay How are the grandkitties?

Me and my kiddos went to sleep at 8:30 last night! :eek That's a good 3 1/2 hours earlier than usual. I had been fighting a sinus headache all day and was tuckered out. The cats actually went to sleep at the same time. All five of us slept until 7:15 this morning, too. :blush

Hi Ladies. :) I just lost a long post, but I was way to chatty anyway. :lol

Nicole ~ Thanks for cheering for TCU...at least they didn't lose by too many points. :( I hope you're feeling lots better. :hug

Hi Judy! It's so good to see you. :hook Happy New Year to you!

Gracie's at the groomers, it's quiet for a while and I'm going to crochet. :crocheting Have a good afternoon. :manyheart

Hi, everyone! :hi I'm jumping with joy! :jumpyay I just finished creating a pattern for a dragon quiltghan. It's only taken me two years to finally figure one out. And I am soooo pleased with the result. I'll have to get the yarn before I can start it, but at least the hardest part of it is done.

post-9295-13589749267_thumb.jpg

John called earlier and at least sounded better. He spent a good bit of yesterday throwing up everything he tried to get down. They are planning on getting him up sitting and walking today. They were already doing some exercises in bed yesterday.

It's still cold here today. But at least it's sunny.

It's good to see you all...

Linda - poor John! I hope he feels better fast so he can rehab. He had the hip surgery, right?

And I love that dragon quiltghan!! I might have colors in my stash for that one, too. Another one for the list:lol

Mary, puppies are so demanding. I never got much done when my dogs were young.

Hey there ladies! Just dropping in to say hello now that things have started(hopefully) to calm down around here!!! Happy New Year to you all also. :clap

Going to share a picture with you all... its very funny. post-19700-135897492702_thumb.jpg

Hi, everyone! :hi I'm jumping with joy! :jumpyay I just finished creating a pattern for a dragon quiltghan. It's only taken me two years to finally figure one out. And I am soooo pleased with the result. I'll have to get the yarn before I can start it, but at least the hardest part of it is done.

[ATTACH]14575[/ATTACH]

John called earlier and at least sounded better. He spent a good bit of yesterday throwing up everything he tried to get down. They are planning on getting him up sitting and walking today. They were already doing some exercises in bed yesterday.

Oh, Linda ~ Your design is amazing! :clap I see more little squares in your future. :D I hope John is doing much better. :yes

It's good to see you all...

Linda - poor John! I hope he feels better fast so he can rehab. He had the hip surgery, right?

And I love that dragon quiltghan!! I might have colors in my stash for that one, too. Another one for the list:lol

Mary, puppies are so demanding. I never got much done when my dogs were young.

"Demanding" fits perfectly in this case. :lol

Hey there ladies! Just dropping in to say hello now that things have started(hopefully) to calm down around here!!! Happy New Year to you all also. :clap

Going to share a picture with you all... its very funny. [ATTACH]14582[/ATTACH]

How cute is that! Little Alex is a doll. :manyheart

The rows on the baby ghan are going very slowly now, but the animals are growing. :yes

That is absolutely adorable!!!

I talked to John this afternoon. He's been up in the chair and walked from the bed to the door and back earlier. At least he's not throwing up today and keeping a little stuff down. And he's been doing exercises in bed and in the chair.

Linda, that's great news about John!

Erin, I always believed little boys were meant to be hosed down after any activity! He's a cutie:c9

:hi Ladies.

Winter is definitely here and supposed to get worse. They said the windchills the next couple of days could be near zero! We are just not used to this. :lol DH is in town, which makes me happy. :)

I've actually listed my WIPs and it's not too bad. :blush Maybe this is the year to be good and finish some things. :hook

Happy Crocheting!

Good morning. Sunshiny and cold again today, although I think it's actually warmer than yesterday. Windier, too. Kim and I are going to the hospital this afternoon to see John and for me to figure out how to help/coach him when he gets home tomorrow.

Hi Ladies. :) I just lost a long post, but I was way to chatty anyway. :lol

Nicole ~ Thanks for cheering for TCU...at least they didn't lose by too many points. :( I hope you're feeling lots better. :hug

Hi Judy! It's so good to see you. :hook Happy New Year to you!

Gracie's at the groomers, it's quiet for a while and I'm going to crochet. :crocheting Have a good afternoon. :manyheart

Thankfully the sinus headache was short lived! Were you able to get lots of crocheting done while Gracie was gone?

[ATTACH]14575[/ATTACH]

That is so cool (the quiltghan). It's cold here, too. Today is has finally warmed up some to 22 degrees! That's a lot better than yesterday's 10 degree high.

Too cute!

Oh, Linda ~ Your design is amazing! :clap I see more little squares in your future. :D I hope John is doing much better. :yes

"Demanding" fits perfectly in this case. :lol

How cute is that! Little Alex is a doll. :manyheart

The rows on the baby ghan are going very slowly now, but the animals are growing. :yes

I cannot wait to see the babyghan.

That is absolutely adorable!!!

I talked to John this afternoon. He's been up in the chair and walked from the bed to the door and back earlier. At least he's not throwing up today and keeping a little stuff down. And he's been doing exercises in bed and in the chair.

I'm glad to hear John is doing better!

Linda, that's great news about John!

Erin, I always believed little boys were meant to be hosed down after any activity! He's a cutie:c9

:laughroll So True!

:hi Ladies.

Winter is definitely here and supposed to get worse. They said the windchills the next couple of days could be near zero! We are just not used to this. :lol DH is in town, which makes me happy. :)

I've actually listed my WIPs and it's not too bad. :blush Maybe this is the year to be good and finish some things. :hook

Happy Crocheting!

Wow! That's really cold for you all, isn't it?

Hi, Linda, Mary and Nicole.

I have the last of the yarn I wanted for a saltine ghan I'm making for my BFF's soon-to-be first grandchild. This kid is getting two ghans: one frog one (her DD calls the tiny fetus "tadpole") and a saltine one. I have variegated "twinkle" by Bernat, and soft yellow, white and honeydew, which pick up some of the colors in the Bernat. It's going to be mellow...and gender neutral;)

I want to finish off a couple of other things before starting these ghans. I'll alternate between them, since the saltines are mindless and can be done in front of the TV. The baby isn't due till July, so there's lots of time, and the frog pattern I picked is done with DC, which goes very fast.:hook

Hi, everyone. We went to see John this afternoon. He is doing very well. We went to physical therapy with him, so I got to see the exercises he's doing. Then he walked around the nurses station and back to his room. He is set to come home tomorrow morning after his morning physical therapy. He needed a little help getting in and out of bed and a reminder to stand up straight when he's walking, but that was about it.

And we are supposed to be getting SNOW!!! :flake They are already closing schools and it isn't even here yet! :snow It's only a couple of inches, too. :flake Sorry, my northern upbringing is showing.

Hi, Linda, Mary and Nicole.

I have the last of the yarn I wanted for a saltine ghan I'm making for my BFF's soon-to-be first grandchild. This kid is getting two ghans: one frog one (her DD calls the tiny fetus "tadpole") and a saltine one. I have variegated "twinkle" by Bernat, and soft yellow, white and honeydew, which pick up some of the colors in the Bernat. It's going to be mellow...and gender neutral;)

I want to finish off a couple of other things before starting these ghans. I'll alternate between them, since the saltines are mindless and can be done in front of the TV. The baby isn't due till July, so there's lots of time, and the frog pattern I picked is done with DC, which goes very fast.:hook

Awww - the baby ghans sound wonderful! :c9 Yes, the saltines are perfect for relaxing...and waiting at the dentist's office. :D I'm still addicted to them. :yes

Hi, everyone. We went to see John this afternoon. He is doing very well. We went to physical therapy with him, so I got to see the exercises he's doing. Then he walked around the nurses station and back to his room. He is set to come home tomorrow morning after his morning physical therapy. He needed a little help getting in and out of bed and a reminder to stand up straight when he's walking, but that was about it.

And we are supposed to be getting SNOW!!! :flake They are already closing schools and it isn't even here yet! :snow It's only a couple of inches, too. :flake Sorry, my northern upbringing is showing.

It is exciting to see snow! John sounds like he's making great progress...it's amazing how fast they get you up and moving so quickly now.

Hi Nicole!

I only had to frog one row today...I missed one tiny stitch change and the rhino's horn was off on the next row. :lol Sure am glad I started this early. :blush:yes

Canceling school for an inch of snow...sounds like Washing DC:lol:lol:lol

Linda, it's amazing how fast people are kicked out of hospitals, these days! Kim will be happy to have him home, though, I'm sure. Good luck with the extra workload. I'm guessing rehab will be coming to the house, too??

Mary, being off one stitich is the same thing that happens if I'm not paying attention to my graphs. i've had to frog a 2 or 3 rows on a ghan because of that! That's why the graph ghans are done in my back corner of the house. I call it my control center: kitchen, eating area and my office. Phil's owns the living room and big tv.:D

Archived